boxjeff

Legal in NJ - Shotgun and stuff?

Hello all.

Is a 18" pump shotgun with a pistol grip and no stock legal in NJ?

I have an SUV, so what is the legal way to transport pistols, shotguns and rifles in this vehicle?

What is the different magazine required limitations for a shotgun and rifle for hunting and target practice?

Is this gun legal in NJ as I was thinking of getting one?

http://www.equipped.com/Kel-Tec_SU-16_Review.htm

Hello all.

Is a 18" pump shotgun with a pistol grip and no stock legal in NJ? If you're 21 YOA.

I have an SUV, so what is the legal way to transport pistols, shotguns and rifles in this vehicle? In the rear compartment. And better to lock the cases.

What is the different magazine required limitations for a shotgun and rifle for hunting and target practice? 15 round limit for rifles, pistols and shotguns. 6 round limit for semi-auto shotguns.

Is this gun legal in NJ as I was thinking of getting one? Yes

http://www.equipped....U-16_Review.htm

Welcome.

But, I smell a troll.

Pistol grip is legal on a PUMP shotgun, it is ILLEGAL if you were interested in a semi-auto. Legal way for transportation between exempted places (range, gunsmith, between homes) is the firearm in the "trunk" unloaded, and the ammo either in the back seat or up front with you in a box. I think the ammo needs to be locked, not sure about the gun. I keep both in locked cases just to be safe. I am not 100% sure about mag limitations for hunting, so I will leave that to someone else.

Thanks all!

I called the Flemington police and they were sketchy on many of the laws and did not seem to know themselves. They had follow up questions to my questions and were more probing than helpful...like "what size magazines do you have" after I asked what size were permitted in NJ.

The police really have turned a corner and seem to have an overwhelming desire to vilify the regular law abiding individual. I think they are trained that way now...that we are all a danger to them.

Boxjeff, if you would like to learn the laws of firearms in NJ (or at least attempt), log onto to the NJSP website. It is a big help. Other questions, as VJF said, can be asked here or calling the SP.

I am not sure if you have your FID yet, but I hear it is a PITA to get one through Flemington Boro.

Those Kel-Tec's are cool, I was looking into getting one.

I don't know about that Kel-Tec. To me it's like a highly overpriced Saiga 223. If you want something that shoots .223, get an AR for the accuracy. If you want a Saiga, get one in 7.62 for the round size. But that Kel-Tec just doesn't make sense to me.

I don't know about that Kel-Tec. To me it's like a highly overpriced Saiga 223. If you want something that shoots .223, get an AR for the accuracy. If you want a Saiga, get one in 7.62 for the round size. But that Kel-Tec just doesn't make sense to me.

The Keltec makes plenty sense if you live somewhere that you can utilize the folding aspect of it.

Not sure why I'm not getting email notification of posts?

I like the the ability to fold and compact the Kel-Tec...is there a similar item out there with a round closer to something that might take down a deer of bear?

Is the folding aspect legal in NJ?

Whats FID?

Thanks!

Not sure why I'm not getting email notification of posts?

I like the the ability to fold and compact the Kel-Tec...is there a similar item out there with a round closer to something that might take down a deer of bear?

Is the folding aspect legal in NJ?

Whats FID?

Thanks!

The folder is legal if the gun cannot be fired from the folded position. I do not know of any folding weapon capable of taking down a bear, as I would assume you'd want a .30cal rifle round at minimum.

FID stands for Firearm ID card.