Agent_Smith

Gun-friendly eye doctor

Does anyone know an eye-doctor who caters to shooters, preferably near Maplewood? I'm in my 40s, and the only time my vision bothers me is when I'm aiming. I can't get either the front OR rear sights in focus unless I use a shooting iris. So I'm looking for an eye doctor who can prescribe me glasses with the sole purpose of correcting fuzzy sights.

Thanks!

GS

• Like 1

You might have a hard time finding a doctor to prescribe glasses to YOUR specifications. They will prescribe you the correct lenses to make your eyesight 20/20. What you're suggesting can lead to a malpractice lawsuit, which I don't think any doctor would risk.

Here's how I see the scenario playing out:

You: My eyes are worse ever since you gave me that prescription.

Dr: that's what you wanted so that's what I gave you.

You: you didn't warn me this would happen. You're the doctor. You should've known better. I'm suing.

This is all hypothetical. You might get lucky and find someone.

Good prescription rifle (and shotgun) shooting glasses are ground with a different sight axis than everyday glasses, and aren't ideal for everyday use. Ask your optometrist if you can bring your rifle to the office (some will, some won't allow it) so that he can determine your sight axis with the gun mounted before they grind glasses that may not help you at all due to a misplaced axis.