Sign in to follow this  
71ragtopgoat

Fire dept and ammo

the law says if you have enough ammo to worry about it then you are likely some insane militant hording ammo waiting for the chance to overthrow the government..

:icon_mrgreen:

kidding of course.. I am not aware of anything in the normal firearms code requiring you to do anything... but maybe one of the LEOs of the board can confirm..

as crazy as NJ is.. there is some science behind it.. like the article states.. there is really nothing special about it.. and a few cans of carb cleaner would likely be a hell of a lot more dangerous..

There is nothing in the firearms code...however, you need to check your local FIRE Codes..some of them have limits as to how much material you can have w/o some kind of "Magazine" one number i;ve heard tossed around over the years is 10K primers, doesnt matter if it's loaded or unloaded ammunition. LOL i have close to that just in .22 Rimfire.

This topic brought up some question for me.

I'm pretty sure most people on this site have at least 1 loaded gun (HD) somewhere in the house.

Since I have a kid, mine is locked away. If it got hot enough to cause the round in the tube to go off,

would one of these quick access "safes" (think MiniVault) do anything to stop the rounds?

Also in a fire would only the 1 in the tube go off or would all in the mag go off?

if it is in a fire, everything in the firearm will cook off. the round in the chamber will go wherever it is pointed, the ones in the Magazine will not, they WILL destroy the gun, but there would be far more danger from the Frag of the Grip than the rounds themselves. Revolvers...same thing the chamber aligned with the bbl will go where it is pointed, the frame will slow.divert, or stop the rest of the cylinder...most likely.

the law says if you have enough ammo to worry about it then you are likely some insane militant hording ammo waiting for the chance to overthrow the government..

:icon_mrgreen:

kidding of course.. I am not aware of anything in the normal firearms code requiring you to do anything... but maybe one of the LEOs of the board can confirm..

as crazy as NJ is.. there is some science behind it.. like the article states.. there is really nothing special about it.. and a few cans of carb cleaner would likely be a hell of a lot more dangerous..

So 6000 rounds............I am an insane militant! B)