Jon

What are ya drinking?

Just got back from a beer run and am finally sitting down with a bomber of Firestone Walker Double Jack Imperial IPA. She's a big old sweetie whose got a massive caramel malty goodness that, combined with the citrousy hops, gives a huge tropical fruit punch in the face. These guys can do no wrong.

Are you drinking beer or Hi-C?

Beer, i assure you. If you're used to drinking BMC, there's a lot of high malt content berrs out there with intense body and sweetness. Now, its all relative to the context since we're not talking sugar water. Porters, bocks, imperial stouts, imperial ales all have a large amount of malt sugar that remains even after fermentation. So while they are not like drinking tropicana pure premium, they are definitely sweet compared to a dry old world pilsner.

Beer, i assure you. If you're used to drinking BMC, there's a lot of high malt content berrs out there with intense body and sweetness. Now, its all relative to the context since we're not talking sugar water. Porters, bocks, imperial stouts, imperial ales all have a large amount of malt sugar that remains even after fermentation. So while they are not like drinking tropicana pure premium, they are definitely sweet compared to a dry old world pilsner.

I've had some of those fruity beers, and I think they are just that. Fruity. I personally prefer I nice bock or lager. A stout is good sometimes. Fruity pebbles should be in a bowl, not a bottle lol. My top choice beers would be Yeungling, Sam Winter/October/Boston, Shiner Bock, and Smithwicks. I enjoy going to the Bier Garden and drinking some buckets of beers that I've never had, but I generally stick to those guidelines.

I'm not even talking about the explicitly fruity beers where fruit actually is added as an adjunct. Aside from an occasional Belgian, i don't care much for the explicit fruit/vegetable beer category either. In a traditional beer, malt and hops control the sweetness and bitterness respectively. How you perceive those levels of flavor is basically relative to thier amounts and also how thier ratios create chemicals the brewing process that form new flavors. Citrus and pine are common flavors you find in an IPA, but no one is dumping grapefruits and pinecones in the brew kettle to achieve that, its all just subtle notes. But based on the beers you mention, we're actually talking about the same thing. Bocks, marzens(octobers) are all HEAVY malt sweet beers, even more preceiveably so than any imperial ale due to the heavy dark malts they use, but again, i wouldn't call them fruity because while fruity = sweet, sweet != fruity.

dont drink much these days unless a special occasion (i.e. holidays when in-laws are there).. then its either Ketel One or Grey Good vodka (usually orange or citrus) with soda.. lots of it.. tried Macallan and Glenlivet 12-yr this holiday (ive had bad scotch before, but i figured i might acquire a taste for GOOD scotch), and still not a scotch fan at all. also had Hennessy, also not a huge fan..

if im gonna drink beer, preferences are Guinness or Sam Adams (Boston or Summer Ale), but dont buy beer almost ever. However, that Leinenkugel Vanilla Porter stuff sounds interesting.. might have to pick that up one of these days (if its still available at this time)

otherwise, water/coffee with occasional soda.

Any micro brewery beers for me, I love trying out new Beers. I know they cost a little more than average but it's worth it.

I got a good bday present for a subscription 4 months of micro brewery's across the country and it was the best present I ever received.

Anybody belong to one?

OK, since I picked up my initial FPID and 2 P2P's at my PD this afternoon (woohoo), thought i would stop by the store and pick myself up a bit of good beer to celebrate..

Sam Adams Imperial Stout looked like a good choice (I like Guinness, so I figured I would give this a try)..

Nice head on this one...

img0473si.jpg

well a good friend of mine just got back from west virginia last weekend and brought me back a bit of a surprise. All I can say is that it came in a mason jar and i dident ask questions.

On that note, anyone try "Ole Smoky Moonshine?" I'm tempted to try some this weekend.

I'm about to have a beer while studying.

Just turned 21, went out On saturday with my family to PF Changs, had some Japanese Beer, which is better than the Miller I have in the fridge now.

If I had cash, I'd buy myself some scotch.

I used to watch commercials and think, what idiots fall for this crap. I'm not going to buy a certain drink just because there are some pretty girls in this commercial!

Can't say that anymore. They got me.

So I've been drinking some 처음처럼 soju. Damn you sexy 현아!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCebZr-CQAE