Jon

What are ya drinking?

Popped the cork on a bottle of homemade wine. It's a Pinot Noir, been in the bottles for a few months now and wanted to see how it was coming along. I have to say it's very drinkable right now and even if it wasn't, it's still 11% abv, so its got that going for it.

From my recent trip out to Illinois...

allagash_black.jpg

Good, not my favorite from Allagash though.

and

Capital-Brewery-%E2%80%93-Autumnal-Fire-

Amazing. Tasted like I was drinking caramel, and I love caramel. One of the few beers that have earned 5-stars in my Untappd profile.

I've recently taken to trying the increasing number of hard ciders that is showing up on the market......I like making a poor man's black velvet,Guinness and hard cider. but my favorite recently has been Bellweather from upstate NY.

Looked back on this thread....eesh....

I quit drinking recently but I'm probably going to buy myself some Irish Cream of some sort for the holidays. Not Bailey's though, as good as it is, it's too expensive for me at around $30 a liter.

As for ciders and home brew, I suggest you try making a sweet cider. Magners and such are okay, but "American Style" homebrew is good stuff. I did a pretty simple fermentation awhile back and I loved it. Made Skeeter Pee (lemon wine....google it) last spring and it was great over the summer too. 

Jon- last beer you stated that was amazing, only can find up in Illinois?

I have never heard of the brewery before. I just tried searching their website and it looks like there is no way to get hands on the Autumnal Fire in NJ. :(

Cough syrup, Watermelon Snapple and skittles.

Yep im gettin my drank on!

don't forget to drink that while wearing a hooded sweatshirt, while walking through a neighborhood your not from lol...

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!