Jon

What are ya drinking?

Terrapin Hopsecutioner

First time trying it and I'm disappointed. Not bad, but not as hoppy as the name would seem to imply. 7.3% ABV, but has no heat at all and really sneaks up on you.

Not bad. Not the best I have had but not the worst. I would drink it again though. They are in Hersey PA so possible njgf road trip.

I went to their pub in Harrisburg before they opened in Hershey. Worth the trip as I'm sure is the Hershey joint.

Real moonshine made in a buddies garage, banana and pumpkin spice flavoring. 100 proof. It's very warm going down and needs to be consumed slowly.

This makes me want to make my own.

MMMMMM!!!

Anyone try this yet? I'm looking for a really good bottle to have on hand. Been leaning towards a walker blue but this has my attention. Unfortunately it's not like I can order a drink of it at the corner bar.

Posted Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Anyone try this yet? I'm looking for a really good bottle to have on hand. Been leaning towards a walker blue but this has my attention. Unfortunately it's not like I can order a drink of it at the corner bar.

jyty3uba.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JD is a very good whiskey and Frank was a remarkable entertainer but I think this is more of a marketing  device than a special blend.

I was at the distillery this summer and they really only make 5 different types. I asked the tour guide and he said that the stuff in the gift shop are commemorative bottles with regular JD in them the Sinatra bottles included.

If you want a great bourbon to have around I would suggest Blanton's or Willett's. 

If you want to stick with a JD product I like the single barrel version better than the gentlemen jack.

Drinking Angel's Envy bourbon. I really need it after having some wacko conspiracy theorist talking my ear off tonight, among other things, about how the Philippine typhoons were a man-made phenomenon created by the US military to re-establish a presence in Asia, and how Paul Walker was assassinated because he knew too much.

Just had my last great lakes flaming river now Im working on a blue moon.  Its been a long day!  I forgot how intense christmas can be.  There are now three 3 year olds (one is mine) at the family holidays and christmas was crazy!  When Im done with this blue moon I think Ill have one more then Im crashing!

Ken

A popular hit for the holidays here has been hot cider rum.  4 parts sweet or spiced apple cider, 1 part Sailor Jerry rum.  Put in a large pot and heat it up on the stove.  You can also throw in some cinnamon or even cinnamon sticks for a bit more flavor.  It's delicious.

Some of the local breweries I've been really enjoying recently are River Horse from NJ, they just opened a brewery about a mile from my house in NJ.  I've also really enjoyed beer from Ithaca brewing company in Cooperstown, NY.  Got a chance to enjoy a glass of their exclusive beer that they only brewed one keg of.