Jon

What are ya drinking?

I've been looking into trying something new and am looking at Corsair Distillery. Has anyone tried their offerings? I was looking at getting their Spiced rum, or maybe their Quinoa whiskey. 

I went to the distillery in Bowling Green last summer. The satellite location in Nashville does not do distilling. They make a good spiced rum and if you can find it a spectacular absinthe The bourbon and quinoa whiskey were OK. The bottle I walked out with was a barrel aged gin. They took their gin and aged it in the barrels that the spiced rum cam out of. Makes a very interesting martini. I got bottle 348 of 420. They are so small that they apply the labels to the bottles by hand.

Has anyone been to Angry Eric's in Lafayette yet? I want to go check them out.

Worth the trip very good beers but a limited selection of 4 or 5 taps. Bring your own cheese, crackers, and pretzels and hang out in the tap room for a few pints.

Eric used to be a NYC prosecutor and he gives a good tour.

Just finished my bottle of widow jane bourbon. Going to try something new. Any recommendations on bourbon or whiskeys. Been planning on trying Laphroaig

Laphroaig is a liquid ash tray. It's the smokiest SMS I've ever had. It's not unpleasant but it's definitely not an every night kind of drink for me. I could drink 14 year Oban or 15yr Dalwhinnie every night though. Both are so light and pleasant to drink. I'm a fan of Charbay whiskeys. The R5 was distilled from Racer 5, my favorite IPA and the S is distilled from Bear Republic Stout. It's more expensive of the two but is a much more complex but enjoyable whiskey. They're really very unique whiskeys. I'd also recommend giving the 12yr Yamazaki a try.

I'll be drinking SOME THING. Rough (relative to other days but not horrible at all in the larger scheme of things), long day at office. Probably a whiskey. Not sure which one yet as I'm still on the train.

On a some what related note. Isn't there a brewery right around the corner from Heritage Guild In Easton? Anyone ever been?

Brewery a few blocks from Heritage or on way to /back from EFGA is Weyerbacher:

http://weyerbacher.com/visitors-center/

They have tours and a visitors center where you can taste up to six different 2.5 oz samples.

They also have several events in NJ.

Anyone familair with their product line. They have a pumpkin ale that sounds interesting for the fall.

I think I need to stop by and check this place out.

Brewery a few blocks from Heritage or on way to /back from EFGA is Weyerbacher:

http://weyerbacher.com/visitors-center/

They have tours and a visitors center where you can taste up to six different 2.5 oz samples.

They also have several events in NJ.

Anyone familair with their product line. They have a pumpkin ale that sounds interesting for the fall.

I think I need to stop by and check this place out.

I've had a few of their beers.. pretty tasty. Had no idea it was right over the border, il have to check it out.

I'll be at triumph on Saturday

I'm looking forward to trying these.  It's a small brewery from the looks of it.  They've been around for quite a few years now so they must be doing something right.  Hopeing to go this Saturday and hit up the 1pm tour.

1. http://weyerbacher.com/blog/2013/02/heresy/
  2. http://weyerbacher.com/blog/2012/11/winter-ale/
  3. http://weyerbacher.com/blog/2012/10/imperial-pumpkin-ale/

My Uncle introduced them to me to them when they first opened.  I love their stuff back then, but haven't picked up any in a while.  I'll have to pick some up on my next booze store run.

This put a smile on my face. I fell in love with Oban 14 a few years ago and now its replaced Glenlivet Nadurra as my 'go-to' drink :). The Macallans are looking good too! 

How is Yamazaki?

Have you tried Oban 17 or 18 yet? They are to die for.

PS. Did you order these online? If so, can you tell us from where?

Best shipment of the day came in at noon:

2cz5weu.jpg

Some are old standbys, others are new to me and I look forward to trying them.

This put a smile on my face. I fell in love with Oban 14 a few years ago and now its replaced Glenlivet Nadurra as my 'go-to' drink :). The Macallans are looking good too! 

How is Yamazaki?

Have you tried Oban 17 or 18 yet? They are to die for.

PS. Did you order these online? If so, can you tell us from where?

The Yamazaki was disappointing but I don't fault the scotch. It's a very good single malt with many very apparent flavors. However, it was overhyped for me by my friends. It was basically built up as a competitor to the Oban which is my go-to currently. Don't get me wrong, it's a great scotch. But between the hype and the pricepoint, I prefer Oban. I haven't tried the older Obans yet but they're on my list. Actually, I have a lot of bottles on my list :rofl:

I ordered them from a store here in Missouri. www.wineandcheeseplace.com

Just finished my bottle of widow jane bourbon. Going to try something new. Any recommendations on bourbon or whiskeys. Been planning on trying Laphroaig

Ack! This is the smokiest (by far) Scotch I have ever had. The Islay Island Scotches are all smokey (called peat-y by aficionados I think), but this one takes the cake. It is like drinking a campfire, and not in a good way. I know people that like it, but I am not one of them. 

I am a bourbon and rye guy more than Scotch, so I would recommend one of them. Try 1776 rye or Bulleit rye. Both are excellent and not too expensive. For bourbon, try Eagle Rare. It is a real treat. Four Roses is a less expensive fine bourbon. Basil Hayden is a really nice, slightly more expensive bourbon.