Jon

What are ya drinking?

Had a beer I've been wanting to try for a few months. It's called "Sweet Baby Jesus". It's a peanut butter, chocolate stout. Was pretty good. My wife tried a little bit and deacribed it as "as drinking a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup in a beer form".

It's not overly sweet. According to the advertising they called it "Sweet Baby Jeaus" b/c it's so good that's what you'll be saying when you taste it.

Tried this stuff once. It was interesting and I agree with your wife's description. Overall I was not a fan but can see how some people would like it.

Tried this stuff once. It was interesting and I agree with your wife's description. Overall I was not a fan but can see how some people would like it.

I like peanut butter, chocolate and dark beer so I thought I would give it a try. Not bad but not going to rush out to purchase again.

I actually walked into the liquor store looking for Sazerac Rye Whiskey. It's made in small batches. I had purchased a bottle there last year (liquor store next to Gertrude Hawks Chocolates on 22 in North Plainfield/Greenbrook area) and was hoping to find it again as I had finished mine some time ago. They didn't have any.

So if anyone happens to come across Sazerac Rye Whiskey at a liquor store in the Bridgewater area or near by please let me know. I'll be calling a few stores today to inquire.

http://buffalotracedistillery.com/brands/sazerac-rye

Had a beer I've been wanting to try for a few months. It's called "Sweet Baby Jesus". It's a peanut butter, chocolate stout. Was pretty good. My wife tried a little bit and deacribed it as "as drinking a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup in a beer form".

It's not overly sweet. According to the advertising they called it "Sweet Baby Jeaus" b/c it's so good that's what you'll be saying when you taste it.

When I was in college chemistry we had the brown jugs and the white bottles of ethanol. White = 99% but contained benzene. My prof told us the first day of lab "If I ever catch you drinking the EtOH you're expelled, but if you have to drink it use the brown jugs. At least you won't die."

95% ethanol, from the brown jugs, plus grape juice was a "Purple Jesus." You drink enough of them and you see The Lord.

When I was in college chemistry we had the brown jugs and the white bottles of ethanol. White = 99% but contained benzene. My prof told us the first day of lab "If I ever catch you drinking the EtOH you're expelled, but if you have to drink it use the brown jugs. At least you won't die."

95% ethanol, from the brown jugs, plus grape juice was a "Purple Jesus." You drink enough of them and you see The Lord.

Well, a little benzene won't kill you RIGHT away. I'm still waiting ;)

We called if "Panty Stripper," but we used Hi-C.

Trying local brews as I travel has become a small hobby for me (like I need another.) I'm no connoisseur, by any stretch, but it's enjoyable.

Not drinking it today, but had a Duckpin Pale Ale from Union Brewing Co. down in Balmer (Baltimore) last week. I thought it was an excellent, citrusy, beer. I'd like to try some of their others. 

Last night was a Two Roads Road to Ruin Double IPA up in CT. Also very good, but not as distinctive. I tend to like beers a little "hoppy" and less like something I can buy anywhere.(Sometimes a LOT hoppy, i.e. River Horse Hop Hazard.)

Founders Backwoods Bastard. If you like beer aged in Bourbon barrels this stuff is the bomb. It is unfortunately quite pricey.  $15.50 for a 4 pack at my local store. If you can locate it at a larger store it might be a bit cheaper but either way it's worth every penny.

Founders Backwoods Bastard. If you like beer aged in Bourbon barrels this stuff is the bomb. It is unfortunately quite pricey. $15.50 for a 4 pack at my local store. If you can locate it at a larger store it might be a bit cheaper but either way it's worth every penny.

Backwoods Bastard is one of the best beers I've ever had

Founders Backwoods Bastard. If you like beer aged in Bourbon barrels this stuff is the bomb. It is unfortunately quite pricey. $15.50 for a 4 pack at my local store. If you can locate it at a larger store it might be a bit cheaper but either way it's worth every penny.

Usually if a craft beer is in a 4 pack it's because you only need to drink four. Probably super high like 10.5% alcohol by volume. If you polished off 6 you would probably not be coherent lol. It's like getting 6 bottles worth in 4 lol.

I'm going to have to try this one. Haven't been let down by a Founders brew yet.

Usually if a craft beer is in a 4 pack it's because you only need to drink four. Probably super high like 10.5% alcohol by volume. If you polished off 6 you would probably not be coherent lol. It's like getting 6 bottles worth in 4 lol. I'm going to have to try this one. Haven't been let down by a Founders brew yet.

Bingo on the high alcohol content. A 4 pack will last me a month since I will only drink one a week.

For Christmas I received Jack Daniel's "Winter Jack". It's an apple liqueur with Jack Daniel's whiskey and spices. I honestly didn't think it would be very good. Few nights ago I decided to give it a try. I read the little booklette attached to the neck of the bottle. "Best served warm", it read. Color me intrigued.

I poured some into a microwave safe cup and nuked it for about 15 seconds. I let it cool for a bit and tasted. I was pleasantly surprised that it was very good! On the cold winter nights we've been having this would make a very nice after dinner drink or before bed drink (or both!).

If you like apple or cider and enjoy whiskey and are looking for something different then I highly recommend it.

http://www.jackdaniels.com/whiskey/winter-jack

I have some Evan Williams Apple Orchard. Same idea and fantastic served warm!

http://evanwilliams.com/bourbons.php?page=seasonal

For Christmas I received Jack Daniel's "Winter Jack". It's an apple liqueur with Jack Daniel's whiskey and spices. I honestly didn't think it would be very good. Few nights ago I decided to give it a try. I read the little booklette attached to the neck of the bottle. "Best served warm", it read. Color me intrigued.

I poured some into a microwave safe cup and nuked it for about 15 seconds. I let it cool for a bit and tasted. I was pleasantly surprised that it was very good! On the cold winter nights we've been having this would make a very nice after dinner drink or before bed drink (or both!).

If you like apple or cider and enjoy whiskey and are looking for something different then I highly recommend it.

http://www.jackdaniels.com/whiskey/winter-jack

pinelands brewing co.

Local brewing co here in tuckerton.

both of my boys have gone on the tour i am not a beer drinker. it is small facility but they liked the beer.. 

cool thing is they make two soda's  old fashioned vanilla cream and autum red birch beer which i have been wanting to try..

http://www.pinelandsbrewing.com/

Stone Levitation.

Not sure who is into beer, or what is available in NJ, but Stone is a very good brewery.  Last time I was back in NJ, there were two bars that had a "Craft beer" section on their beer list.  One bar only had Shock Top, the other bar had Shock Top and Blue Moon.  I hope those bars were the exception, and that all of NJ does not think those are craft beers.

Just to give a frame of reference for those who have lived in NJ all their lives, the alcohol laws suck almost as much as the gun laws.  When I was stationed in Charleston, SC, you could go to the gas station on the corner and get a growler of REAL craft beer.  When I was stationed in Saratoga Springs, NY, bars were open until 4am, and you could buy bottled beer or a growler from Price Chopper (which was open 24 hours a day) at any time, except between 4am and 8am.

Stone Levitation.

Not sure who is into beer, or what is available in NJ, but Stone is a very good brewery.  Last time I was back in NJ, there were two bars that had a "Craft beer" section on their beer list.  One bar only had Shock Top, the other bar had Shock Top and Blue Moon.  I hope those bars were the exception, and that all of NJ does not think those are craft beers.

Just to give a frame of reference for those who have lived in NJ all their lives, the alcohol laws suck almost as much as the gun laws.  When I was stationed in Charleston, SC, you could go to the gas station on the corner and get a growler of REAL craft beer.  When I was stationed in Saratoga Springs, NY, bars were open until 4am, and you could buy bottled beer or a growler from Price Chopper (which was open 24 hours a day) at any time, except between 4am and 8am.

Those bars are the exception. There are plenty of good beer bars. In North Jersey Morris Tap and Grill Randolph and The Copper Mine Pub North Arlington are standouts. They are a long ride for you but if you're in the area stop in either one and you won't be disappointed.