Tom-NJ2AS

FID & PP Card Township Paperwork Requirements

Ladies and gentlemen,

I am attempting to collect each towns requirements for the FID card and Pistol Permits. If you happen to pass by your local police department, stop in and ask for all paperwork required for each. Or if you know your townships are all online, download them and email them to me. You can either scan them and email them after you get them, or mail them to me.

Thanks

Tom

NJ2AS.COM

[email protected]

P.O. Box 128

Manahawkin, NJ 08050

Ladies and gentlemen,

I am attempting to collect each towns requirements for the FID card and Pistol Permits. If you happen to pass by your local police department, stop in and ask for all paperwork required for each. Or if you know your townships are all on-line, download them and email them to me. You can either scan them and email them after you get them, or mail them to me.

Thanks

Tom

NJ2AS.COM

[email protected]

P.O. Box 128

Manahawkin, NJ 08050

Tom,

I'm in Sayreville, nothing out of the norm here, FID and P2P are just the standard application and Mental Health forum, no additional forms or requirements from the applicant or of the personal referances.

Harry

Ladies and gentlemen,

I am attempting to collect each towns requirements for the FID card and Pistol Permits. If you happen to pass by your local police department, stop in and ask for all paperwork required for each. Or if you know your townships are all online, download them and email them to me. You can either scan them and email them after you get them, or mail them to me.

Thanks

Tom

NJ2AS.COM

[email protected]

P.O. Box 128

Manahawkin, NJ 08050

Tom I am sending you a file to you E-mail, this may help you in tracking thi information. I filled out my town of Sayrevilles information already as an example, but use it if you like it how you like.

Harry

This is step 1:

http://www.franklintwpnj.org/Household%20Member%20&%20Fingerprint%20Info.pdf

Then they mail whoever you specify an illegal form that's effectively their own reference check with someone you live with.

I believe one of our members, j0n, has the form.

hey at least that's on;y for adults. Here they want the names, and AGES, of every member of your household.

You may remember that I made a similar request for forms, specifically the reference letters or questionaires. I just want you to know that the NJ2A and I are not working at cross-purposes, we are approaching the same problem from two different perspectives and are aware of what each of other is doing. We share this info, so if you send it to one of us, we'll both end up with it. Help us with this "pincer" action and submit those forms. Thanks.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

You may remember that I made a similar request for forms, specifically the reference letters or questionaires. I just want you to know that the NJ2AS and I are not working at cross-purposes, we are approaching the same problem from two different perspectives and are aware of what each of other is doing. We share this info, so if you send it to one of us, we'll both end up with it. Help us with this "pincer" action and submit those forms. Thanks.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Confirmed and concur.

Thanks for your help Bob!

Went to get the paperwork for ptp in Lacey.Everything seemed normal till I was told the fingerprints are now done electronically not by the pd.also,The Paper the mental health forms that go to the previous tows where you have lived goes "all the way back to the beginning".Kinda don't understand that one Ive lived in town for 7 years and the previous town in the same county was 10 years but they want to go back even farther then 17 years.They also informed me that it would take 2 to 3 months,so much for the 30 day state law.

Went to get the paperwork for ptp in Lacey.Everything seemed normal till I was told the fingerprints are now done electronically not by the pd.also,The Paper the mental health forms that go to the previous tows where you have lived goes "all the way back to the beginning".Kinda don't understand that one Ive lived in town for 7 years and the previous town in the same county was 10 years but they want to go back even farther then 17 years.They also informed me that it would take 2 to 3 months,so much for the 30 day state law.

The fingerprinting is normal. Toms River and a lot of other towns sub it out now. But on the other hand, they printed me for my Florida CCW. Toms River also asked for something like the last ten years of residency. I urge you if you are not already to join the NJ2AS and come out to our next meeting. You will be pleased and surprised at what we have accomplished and what we have on the way

www.nj2as.com

I wanted to post the form CHPD sent to my next of kin, but the scan and e-mail copy of it I received was not legible. Basically, it says that I'm applying for a handgun permit and asks the person to check off either "I DO NOT OBJECT" or "I DO OBJECT" to the person getting getting a permit. It then gives space to explain why.

Since I'm divorced, my father filled it out but I can see that form being a real problem if someone is separated from their spouse or if their spouse is a staunch anti.

I wanted to post the form CHPD sent to my next of kin, but the scan and e-mail copy of it I received was not legible. Basically, it says that I'm applying for a handgun permit and asks the person to check off either "I DO NOT OBJECT" or "I DO OBJECT" to the person getting getting a permit. It then gives space to explain why.

Since I'm divorced, my father filled it out but I can see that form being a real problem if someone is separated from their spouse or if their spouse is a staunch anti.

Does anyone else have this Cherry Hill form?

I just filled-out the South River form, not a lot on there. A letter was sent to my employer who just happens to be me! Only a few questions on there. Same with the letters sent to two of my friends. Fingerprinting is done by Morpho, closest location was South Plainfield. Very easy process so far. Seems that most of the questions are geared-towards mental health, any alky/drug/domestic abuse issues. Nothing about family members on this one.

I just filled-out the South River form, not a lot on there. A letter was sent to my employer who just happens to be me! Only a few questions on there. Same with the letters sent to two of my friends. Fingerprinting is done by Morpho, closest location was South Plainfield. Very easy process so far. Seems that most of the questions are geared-towards mental health, any alky/drug/domestic abuse issues. Nothing about family members on this one.

Curious.....Do you still have a copy of the employer form? Did it simply state that it wanted to confirm employment, or did it state the purpose for the inquiry? Something like: "Joe Blow has applied for a Firearms ID Card and listed you as his employer....". We would really like to get a copy of that form, especially if the latter scenario more accurately depicts it. I've sent you a PM with my e-mail address so that, if you have a copy, you can forward it. Redact any personal info, just interested in the content of the form. Thanks.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I will get ahold of my friends inside the local PD and get a copy of that form. Very few questions on there. Simply stated that employee X is applying for a gun permit. A few basic questions, maybe four total. When I get it I will send you a copy. I did not see the form that my two friends got, but I bet it was short and sweet like the employer form was.

Quick question:

What is the proper time period before the references are mailed out. I applied on 3/4/2011. My references have not recieved anything yet?

There's nothing specific spelled out about when the reference letters have to be mailed out.

Quick question:

What is the proper time period before the references are mailed out. I applied on 3/4/2011. My references have not recieved anything yet?

I handed in my paperwork 2-4-11, my references got their letters the following week. My wife dropped hers off 2-7-11 her references haven't heard anything yet. I don't think there is any set procedure. Kind of odd to me with a para military organization like the NJSP.

There is a guideline that the NJSP give to all PDs. Whether they follow it or not is up to them.

I am just surprised that an organization that probably has rules and regs as to the style and frequency of using a toothbrush would vary so much between my paperwork and my wife's, submitted 3 days apart. Is that normal? Is there a normal? I've accepted that it will get done in their own time, just seemed odd.

Dropped off my ptp paperwork today 3/17,Hopefully all goes well.The lady who I submitted it to was very nice and helpful.She said for me to call back in a couple of weeks just to make sure she got the reference letters back,Also something I never dealt with before,She gave me a paper to fill out to see if I had a juvenile record,new to me.

Dropped off my ptp paperwork today 3/17,Hopefully all goes well.The lady who I submitted it to was very nice and helpful.She said for me to call back in a couple of weeks just to make sure she got the reference letters back,Also something I never dealt with before,She gave me a paper to fill out to see if I had a juvenile record,new to me.

Interesting. What town is this? It would be helpful if you could scan and post that new form, or email to my email address in my signature below. Thanks.

It's Forked River,Lacey PD. The juvi form they have you fill out when you drop all your other paperwork off.Another thing I know they have you do is if you need an extension you have to write the chief a letter explaining why you need the extension.