Tom-NJ2AS

FID & PP Card Township Paperwork Requirements

SO my boss said Howell asked nothing other than my employment dates and position held. He got that literally 3 days after I submitted the application. Bother my references sent back their letters within the last week so its a waiting game now. Ill tell you, Howell seems to be on their game. It took them THREE days to send out the reference stuff. I am impressed. The lady did HINT to me that it is uaually slightly quicker if its just a change of address/additional permit app... seems to be the case so far.

Anyone have experience with the Dover PD in Morris county? I have all the standard forms ready, wondering if they are going to require anything else? Do they accept CC payments for finger printing like other towns in the area?

I called and the person that answered didn't know anything about it and the records people that handle it were gone for the day.

Just the standard forms in Branchburg, Central NJ. Even better, since my references for the P2P are the same as when I got the FID originally (about three years ago), they don't even bother contacting the references again since they are on file. Took about 5 weeks last time, was told it was due to the County / State checks. Local PD is very helpful, staff in the office is great. Of course, YMMV...

Does anyone have experience in EHT? I am on my 5th week waiting for my FID, should I go in and ask about it or continue to wait? Is there a law that gives a timeline for the paperwork to be completed or is it a never ending waiting game?

Hi. Brand new guy, been lurking for a while.

Jerse City has been easy so far.

Went in to the PD Monday, 11/28. Dropped off paperwork, etc. Put in application for FID and 2 PP. Was in and out in about 30 minutes.

Both my references and employer got their letters yesterday and all have been sent back.

Had my prints done today. JCPD asked me to call them and tell them when this was completed. Did that.

They told me give it a couple weeks and to call to check on process.

During the interview they told me about 3-4 weeks after I got printed, everythign should be ready.

Seemed like easy enough guys to work with. We will see in a couple weeks.

Update.

Dropped off paperwork 11/28

Printed 12/5

Ref letters adn employer letter were in hand within 1 week.

Just spoke to JCPD and told all was done, waiting on Chief. They indicated I should call back on Monday 12/17 and should be ready.

If that holds true, it will be 20 days from app to issuing!

Dropped off paperwork for P2P today(12/20/12 at 1:45pm) to NJSP Woodbine.

The usual STS-33, SBI-212, and SP-66 forms submitted.

They took photocopy of my FID, DL, and my passport(didn't have birth certificate with me).

18.00 Money order, 6.00 check for 3 P2P.

A couple Troopers looked over my paperwork, said it all looked OK and they would hand it off to the Trooper in charge of firearms.

Millville PD-

11/21 dropped off all paperwork.

Following week my references received and returned letters next day.

12/3 fingerprinted

12/19 stopped into pd to let them make a copy of my new drivers license with new address. They had a copy of my address with change of address sticker.

I asked the records lady to see if everything came back alright. She said she doesn't know why the other lady hasn't turned it over the the lieutenant. Plus the lady that does that just went out on 3wks vacation. When she returns the lieutenant that handles it before the chief goes out on 3wks vacation....

WTF!!!!

Millville PD-

12/3 fingerprinted

12/19 stopped into pd to let them make a copy of my new drivers license with new address. They had a copy of my address with change of address sticker.

I asked the records lady to see if everything came back alright. She said she doesn't know why the other lady hasn't turned it over the the lieutenant. Plus the lady that does that just went out on 3wks vacation. When she returns the lieutenant that handles it before the chief goes out on 3wks vacation....

WTF!!!!

That is unacceptable. Contact the Chief directly and advise him of your concerns. Must be nice to have 3 weeks of vacation time!

Summit nj was all normal paperwork (application, mental health, 2 references)

Except they take a mugshot with you holding up the numbers card

Dropped off paperwork september 25, got change of address done and a pistol permit on december 6.

Everyone was very nice and professional, and the chief is a really nice guy

Dropped off paperwork for P2P today(12/20/12 at 1:45pm) to NJSP Woodbine.

The usual STS-33, SBI-212, and SP-66 forms submitted.

They took photocopy of my FID, DL, and my passport(didn't have birth certificate with me).

18.00 Money order, 6.00 check for 3 P2P.

A couple Troopers looked over my paperwork, said it all looked OK and they would hand it off to the Trooper in charge of firearms.

Is taking copy of DL, Password, Birthcert a standard practice ?

I submitted the usual paperwork (main app, health release and two references) in Park Ridge, PD on 11/19/12, FP on 11/29/12.

After few nice calls, got my permits on 12/18/12. No other paperwork.

Millville PD-

12/3 fingerprinted

WTF!!!!

Ive been waiting 163 days and i was just informed the captian in charge fo reviewing appliations just went on a 4 weeks vacation,so now i wont get it for another 4 weeks

Is taking copy of DL, Password, Birthcert a standard practice ?

They said the DL and Birth certificate(or passport) was. They even have a cover sheet that lists what you need to bring, how much to get a money order for, who to make that out to etc.

Ive been waiting 163 days and i was just informed the captian in charge fo reviewing appliations just went on a 4 weeks vacation,so now i wont get it for another 4 weeks

I couldn't imagine...... I'm just glad that I was able to purchase my firearms when I lived in a free state. It just sucks that I can't go to the range or buy ammo in this dreaded state.

They said the DL and Birth certificate(or passport) was. They even have a cover sheet that lists what you need to bring, how much to get a money order for, who to make that out to etc.

Interesting. Could be a NJSP thing. From the forms downloads from NJSP site, I have never seen any requirements about additional documentation.

If anything, the docs said if we dont give SSN out, it could delay the processing.

Interesting. Could be a NJSP thing. From the forms downloads from NJSP site, I have never seen any requirements about additional documentation.

If anything, the docs said if we dont give SSN out, it could delay the processing.

It's not on the forms they have online. If you go into the barracks in person and request the paperwork, they give you a packet of the forms and the cover sheet says to bring DL, Birth Certificate(or passport), FID card. I'm not too worried about it. It's not like I'm providing them any information they couldn't get their hands on anyway, so if it speeds my application along even a tiny bit, I'll be happy to let them make photocopies. I didn't have anything better to do today(well, yesterday) anyway.

I have been appling or p2p for the last 30 years in Milltown.[middlesex county], Submitted paper work 1/3/2013 and received a call on the same day. I was told I needed to be fingerprinted again because my finger prints are over 5 yers old. Is this true or is this the start of some new law I don't know about.

I have been appling or p2p for the last 30 years in Milltown.[middlesex county], Submitted paper work 1/3/2013 and received a call on the same day. I was told I needed to be fingerprinted again because my finger prints are over 5 yers old. Is this true or is this the start of some new law I don't know about.

I was told the very same thing by my Township the last time I applied for permits.

Bloomfield, NJ

Pistol Permits:

- Application for Firearms Purchaser Identification Card and/or Handgun Purchase Permit

- Consent for Mental Health Records Search

- Criminal Record History form, yellow paper (Signature and date only)

- Two stamped envelopes for reference letter

- Money order for $18 to NJSP-SBI

- Cash for permits

Notes about my experience:

- The clerk initially told me I needed to be fingerprinted, but I presented her with a printout of FAQ #5 from the NJSP website and she realized that I was applying for permits, not my initial FID card. I was then asked to present my FID and Drivers License. They scanned a copy of my license.

- I applied for three permits and I was given no trouble about this number, but I was reminded of the One Gun A Month law.

- I paid cash at the same time I applied and I was given receipts.

- The permits will be mailed to me, but I was told "the system is backed up right now so it may take some time."

- Overall I found that the one officer and two clerks I spoke to throughout this process were very polite. They did not question me or express any disapproval.

Other Notes:

- Bloomfield Records Department is open from 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM on Mondays only.

i stopped by my local pd to pick up the "p2p packet" this afternoon..and pleasantly surprised when i walked in to see an elderly couple(husband/wife) picking up fid's and pistol permits :good: ...and when i asked the person working the desk for the packet...he asked if i had been fingerprinted to which i said yes...and the lt. that handles the firearms stuff looked oved and saw me and said hi then said to the other officer "yes i know him" lol...then hands me the packet which used to be a thick manilla envelope was now just a couple pages stapled together....

when i get to my truck i glanced through them as it seemed awfully thin...and to my surprise....they appearantly have done away with the extra forms that used to be part of the process...its now 4 pages....cover sheet with directions/info.....application form....mental health records search form....and yellow request for criminal history record info........gone are the individual (2 reference forms)and the employer form ...that we used to get filled out and return....initially i thought that was a good thing...now im wondering if they actually stopped using those..or if they now as some other towns do are mailing those to references and employer to be filled out?...i sure hope not....as that no doubt will slow the already ridiculously slow process

I just recently went to the local Township PD today to submit intial paperwork for an FID/PP and was somewhat surprised to hear that in addition to the usual Sagem Morpho prints, they wanted some for their local records. Is this normal? I have been printed before for my job so they are probably floating around somewhere, but I'm not necessarilly sure I want mine locally on file.