Tom-NJ2AS

FID & PP Card Township Paperwork Requirements

Good evening...

Looking to be a new gun owner, I'm a "forum noob" here... I've been taking some lessons out at the Heritage Guild in Easton so that I'm prepared to be a gun owner whenever I get my ID/permits back from the PD..

Anyway...

I live in Woodbridge..

Last week of January

I submitted the standard application STS 033

The lady at PD took my drivers license and used it to fill out the Mental Health form herself

I paid $5 for the ID and $2 each for the handgun permits, cash, got a receipt.. was told they average about 4 to 6 weeks to get the card & permits once the fingerprints are done... could that be true?

Was given the form & info for fingerprinting for Morpho track... had to wait nearly 2 weeks for an appointment i could actually get to on time, South Plainfield... setup appointment and paid $57.50 online

PD and Morpho told me I do nothing else... that PD gets the fingerprints back from Morpho somehow... so Now i'm just waiting...

BUT at my last lesson in Easton, the instructor told me I was supposed to pay $18 by money order for the background check??? he was shocked that I didn't do this and that no one told me this??? is he wrong??? or is woodbridge PD intentionally not telling people about this to delay things??? I'm a 'details guy' and would definately remember if i was told/asked to get an $18 money order, it was never mentioned verbally or on any written document i have

please advise on this $18 money order issue??

is it somehow covered by the $57 morphotrack payment??

When applying for initial FID you should not need to pay $18. You pay $5 for FID and $2 for each P2P. Plus the morpho fee $57.50.

just so that you know the reason, the Morpho $57.50 is the background check for the initial FID application. in the future, for P2P's, you would need to pay the $18 for the background check.. but the printing takes the place of the $18 background check on initial FID setup..

Sparta PD

Fingerprinted on 1/16/13

Submitted FID application with P2P on 1/17/13

Received notice that all was ready for pickup on 3/21/13

Was quoted 2 month timeline when I dropped off application which turned out to be pretty accurate. They were great to work with too and there others there dropping off applications at the same time so I know they are busy.

Hey guys, so today I recieved a call from Garfield PD letting me know that my FID is ready for pick up tomorrow. (sweet!) I did my fngerprints on February 20th, handed in my application the next day on the 21st. So it took me about 35 days/ 5 weeks.

Good evening all,

Just an update here. Submitted all paperwork and prints 1 month ago, local pd Hamilton Twp. I spoke to my references over the weekend and neither one has received anything yet. I stopped by and spoke to the person who handles the applications. I explained that i submitted everything a month ago, realize they have probably been swamped, but just wanted to know if everything was o.k. I was told there is a 5 month backlog at this point and to just wait for the call. We just hired another 5 police officers so staffing shouldn't be an issue, unless there's only one person assigned to applications. So if all goes well, I'm looking at late July.

Good evening all,

Just an update here. Submitted all paperwork and prints 1 month ago, local pd Hamilton Twp. I spoke to my references over the weekend and neither one has received anything yet. I stopped by and spoke to the person who handles the applications. I explained that i submitted everything a month ago, realize they have probably been swamped, but just wanted to know if everything was o.k. I was told there is a 5 month backlog at this point and to just wait for the call. We just hired another 5 police officers so staffing shouldn't be an issue, unless there's only one person assigned to applications. So if all goes well, I'm looking at late July.

Which Hamilton Township? One by Trenton or Mays Landing?

Ocean Township was just under 12 weeks from FPID/P2P submitted application/fingerprinting(same day) to completion and that was with the holidays. The clerk at the town hall was friendly and even told me to come if I needed a P2P extension...

So now NJSP is requiring the 212A form be done online.  They claim it will save time. 

But now it's costing $20 vs $18, and you have to use a credit card or electronic check.  No more money orders. 

So now, we have to have a checking account, and pay even more to exercise our 2nd Amendment rights.  

I'm not really complaining over the $2, but I find it absurd that we have to pay fees at all, just to exercise our rights. 

Will the state be charging $20 for the permit to speak freely?  Or the $20 fee to read books, plus a $2 fee for each book?

Or maybe a $20 fee to protect yourself against unreasonable searches.  It's $68.50(fingerprinting fee) to keep the government from placing troops in your home.

...see where I'm going with this? 

Handed in paperwork to Hoboken on 2/19, my references just received their letters on 3/5.  Not so bad, except for the 4 extra forms they require (including a reference from my boss to purchase a firearm).  

I plan to share the recent judgement regarding non-standard application requirements if this takes any more than 30 days.  I follow the rules and so should law enforcement officers.

Handed paperwork to Vineland PD january 23. References sent back letters on Feb. 6. Waiting for permits to come anytime now. Will update when it arrives. 

Just wanted to update.Approval letter came in today, March 10. 

I Submitted my online NJSP background check on 2/20.  Dropped off paperwork at Toms River PD for more permits on 2/24.

Got the call my permits were ready on 3/5.  That was a 2 weeks turn around counting weekends. 

Very impressed with Chief Little and staff for the super fast turn-around! 

Thanks TRPD!

Cops in my friends town told him he needs to get fingerprinted again for 2 new P2P - is this right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming that you mean he has been fingerprinted previously for a FPID or P2P's. Unfortunately, this is really at the discretion of the CLEO. The statutes and the NJSP guide book say that a non-criminal background check can be done (now electronically) in leiu of fingerprints, but they do not restrict the issuing entity from requiring them. I think your friend should ask for clarification from the PD (preferably the CLEO) and inquire why additional prints are needed.

If somebody had the time, inclination and money they could press this issue on financial grounds. At more than $50 a pop it adds up quickly if you are an enthusiast, and, since fingerprints don't change, they are literally charging you unnecessarily for exercising a right.

Good luck to your friend, but I'd be amazed if he gets them to back-off their position.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

For those who have experienced this, I am curious.  Say you file your initial FID and P2P paperwork. You get MorphoTrak done, and the PD sends out reference letters, etc. You get your initial FID and P2Ps shortly (hopefully) thereafter.

Now, say you apply for additional P2Ps within 3-4 months of the original, initial filing. You do the electronic SB212A. Everything on the sts-033 & sp-066 remains unchanged (especially the references listed), except to add your SBI # from the FID, and any updated dates, etc.  You send it all in, and provide the control number for the electronic SB212A to the PD.  And you begin waiting.

What has been the experience of most here? To your knowledge, did your PD repeat all the inquires (i.e. send out reference letters again, do the full mental health check, etc. etc.), considering that it had been done only 3-4 months prior?   Point being, if it were still "fresh," it might not need be "repeated" and save time (hopefully)... I could understand the criminal background check not being very "fresh," but the other things?

Just curious.... :)

For those who have experienced this, I am curious.  Say you file your initial FID and P2P paperwork. You get MorphoTrak done, and the PD sends out reference letters, etc. You get your initial FID and P2Ps shortly (hopefully) thereafter.

Now, say you apply for additional P2Ps within 3-4 months of the original, initial filing. You do the electronic SB212A. Everything on the sts-033 & sp-066 remains unchanged (especially the references listed), except to add your SBI # from the FID, and any updated dates, etc.  You send it all in, and provide the control number for the electronic SB212A to the PD.  And you begin waiting.

What has been the experience of most here? To your knowledge, did your PD repeat all the inquires (i.e. send out reference letters again, do the full mental health check, etc. etc.), considering that it had been done only 3-4 months prior?   Point being, if it were still "fresh," it might not need be "repeated" and save time (hopefully)... I could understand the criminal background check not being very "fresh," but the other things?

Just curious.... :)

Update:  Permits received today, precisely 16 days after submission.   :D So, no worries.

Update: Permits received today, precisely 16 days after submission. :D So, no worries.

I think my last batch of permits took 30 days. I'm curious to see how long they take when I refuse to fill out their illegal paperwork.

I think my last batch of permits took 30 days. I'm curious to see how long they take when I refuse to fill out their illegal paperwork.

thats easy to answer, they will not approve and you will be SOL if you want to buy any weapon. Unless you move to a free state and bypass all the NJ crap