Tom-NJ2AS

FID & PP Card Township Paperwork Requirements

Finished my fingerprints and got a copy of the form back to my PD.  I also asked if I can increase my number of P2P since the application is just in the beginning stages and was told that it's not an issue.  Going to add 3 more for a total of 5 permits.  Also, all my reference letters went out already.  So far, pretty smooth and the Record clerk is very nice and helpful.  I guess the clock starts ticking now...

Just remember permits have to be used 30 days apart so 3 permits = 90 days, after 90 days they expire unless you request they extend them for an additional 90 days.

If you find multiple pistols find out if the your FFL dealer will hold them for you, fill out the exemption form and hand it in to the local PD. Takes 2-4 weeks and when it comes back approved you can pickup all handguns listed on that exemption without waiting.

Just remember permits have to be used 30 days apart so 3 permits = 90 days, after 90 days they expire unless you request they extend them for an additional 90 days.

If you find multiple pistols find out if the your FFL dealer will hold them for you, fill out the exemption form and hand it in to the local PD. Takes 2-4 weeks and when it comes back approved you can pickup all handguns listed on that exemption without waiting.

Not quite.  In a perfect world you can use 6 permits in 6 months without requesting a MHE

Day 1 (Permit1) -> Day 31 (Permit 2) -> Day 61 (Permit 3) - Day 91 (Permit 4) -> Day 121 (Permit 5) -> Day 151 (Permit 6).  

It never quite works out this way with Sunday's, Holidays and the PD dating permits before you can pick them up.

Not quite.  In a perfect world you can use 6 permits in 6 months without requesting a MHE

Day 1 (Permit1) -> Day 31 (Permit 2) -> Day 61 (Permit 3) - Day 91 (Permit 4) -> Day 121 (Permit 5) -> Day 151 (Permit 6).  

It never quite works out this way with Sunday's, Holidays and the PD dating permits before you can pick them up.

I agree, I tried to plan ahead and figured I could burn 6 permits in 6 months but realized 5 was all I could use when taking into consideration holidays and my local PD dating the permits two or so weeks before I received them.

The multiple handgun exemption is so easy to apply for it's worth it, I was surprised that mine were approved within a few weeks.

One can easily acquire 6 handguns in 180 days with 20+ days to spare.

move to a free state and buy all the handguns you can afford in one day

One can easily acquire 6 handguns in 180 days with 20+ days to spare.

How did you come up with that? 180 days would be 6 pistols IF you purchased the first the day the P2P was signed...you would be at exactly 180 days (30 x 6)

If the FFL is too lazy to do the exemption find one who will, bring them all home in one trip and pay for NICS once not 6 times.

How did you come up with that? 180 days would be 6 pistols IF you purchased the first the day the P2P was signed...you would be at exactly 180 days (30 x 6)

If the FFL is too lazy to do the exemption find one who will, bring them all home in one trip and pay for NICS once not 6 times.

There are 5 waiting periods between 6 purchases. 5x30=150 days.

There are 5 waiting periods between 6 purchases. 5x30=150 days.

This, again. The first purchase has no waiting period, other than the delay between the permit being issued and you exercising it. Thus there are 30 days to play with timing for Sundays, holidays, personal convenience etc.

I like the way you put that.

BUY -DAY 1, WAIT 30,  BUY - DAY 32, WAIT 30, BUY - DAY 63, WAIT 30, BUY - DAY 94, WAIT 30, BUY - DAY 125, WAIT 30, BUY - DAY 156

OR

DO EXEMPTION

Do the exemption, unless you are buying a ton of saturday night special crotch rockets you should be approved.

Well, I submitted my paperwork for a FPID an 2 pistol permits today.  My fingerprint appointment is next Wednesday and the reference letters will go out next week.  I was told the letters go to my 2 references and HR at my office.  The employee reference is just to get proof or employement and length of employment.  All references are sent with a SASE so hopefully they will come back quickly.  Lets see how long this takes.

Finished my fingerprints and got a copy of the form back to my PD.  I also asked if I can increase my number of P2P since the application is just in the beginning stages and was told that it's not an issue.  Going to add 3 more for a total of 5 permits.  Also, all my reference letters went out already.  So far, pretty smooth and the Record clerk is very nice and helpful.  I guess the clock starts ticking now...

So all my references and Employment has been been sent back. 

So:

3/6 - submitted application

3/11 - got fingerprinted and added 3 additional p2p to current application

3/12 - 2 references received and mailed out references

3/18 - HR mailed out Employment confirmation

now it's a waiting game...

Just stopped in the West Orange PD to start my change of address.

I was handed a small packet of papers which included:

-info for the online criminal history record

-sts033

-sp66

So no illegal forms, but they did say that I'd have to drop off my current FID and it'd take a couple months.

I lost my wallet on my way home (don't you hate when that happens!), and I figured I'd give them the 30 days before I call. I will start the clock Mon when I drop the forms off.

I lost my wallet on my way home (don't you hate when that happens!), and I figured I'd give them the 30 days before I call. I will start the clock Mon when I drop the forms off.

Just be advised that they might require fingerprints if you don't turn in your FPID.

Just be advised that they might require fingerprints if you don't turn in your FPID.

Then I might require them to give me my FID in 30 days... Oh wait... It doesn't work that way.

I get your point... I just hate not having my FID on me at all times, and their 'couple of months' claim irks me.

Then I might require them to give me my FID in 30 days... Oh wait... It doesn't work that way.

I get your point... I just hate not having my FID on me at all times, and their 'couple of months' claim irks me.

After 30 days call them every morning, afternoon, evening and night until they issue a new one. Keep on them

So all my references and Employment has been been sent back. 

So:

3/6 - submitted application

3/11 - got fingerprinted and added 3 additional p2p to current application

3/12 - 2 references received and mailed out references

3/18 - HR mailed out Employment confirmation

now it's a waiting game...

I got a call from my PD and spoke to the officer working on my ID.  He said that he would like to meet me and ask a few questions.  He says that it's routine for all initial FID applicants, so we have a meeting next Wednesday, which will be exactly 2 months from the time I submitted the initial application.  Hopefully it will go quickly and is the last part of this process.

-sts033

-sp66

So no illegal forms, but they did say that I'd have to drop off my current FID and it'd take a couple months.

Update:

Went back to WOPD 4/21, dropped off forms to same Detective that said I had to turn in my current FID... And he didn't ask for it or mention it at all.

However, one of the forms (mental health form I believe) was revised 1/15, and the .PDF I had saved with all my info was an earlier revision.

The Det. just matched the two up and photocopied them, as the changes were only to one part of the form, which was nice.

-sts033

-sp66

No illegal forms?

Needing a special card to purchase a firearm is not mentioned in the Bill of Rights!

Notifying the local PD to get permission to possess a firearm in your new home, is not in the Bill of Rights!

I sometimes wonder how many of you are scared to move to a free state where a person can own whatever they want and live wherever they want WITHOUT notifying the local PD and asking for permission??

There's light at the end of the tunnel.  I just met with Lt. Zicarelli at the Hardyston PD, who is in charge of the FID's, and discussed an incident with my son last year.  My son was being bullied in school and the police came over when he posted something on twitter.  We straightened everything out and the Lt. was a school resource, so he understood the situation.  He just asked me to make sure I will keep all of the firearms locked up and I agreed.  So, he said that I should have the license and permits by the end of the week.  Actually today is 2 months from my original application I was told this would take 2 months.  So I off to start shopping.

Just applied this morning to Ridgefield PD for change of address and P2P's.

*No additional paperwork

*Uses the online background check system (which is pretty awesome)

*Met the Chief today and he's a very nice and down to earth guy

*Everyone was extremely helpful and happy to see that I was submitting paperwork

*Estimated wait:  6-8 weeks (could be sooner... hope it's sooner)

The count-down begins..

Employment verification form to your employer? Meet face to face with the issuing officer? Both are beyond what the Reich requires of its subjects prior to granting permission to possess an evil death machine.

I received my Texas Drivers License in the mail yesterday, that's all anyone should be required to provide anywhere to purchase age restricted items...you know, like in America.

This signature is AWESOME!!!

One of my references got a form in the mail today (day 38?), he's going to scan it and send it to me.

That's pretty bad.  They should at least mail out the references right away.

In Manalapan/Englishtown, they look to be about 6 weeks. I know this because I see numbers of applicants around my number being posted as ready this week.  So April 28th to June 9th.  Reason I'm not done already is one of my refs took 3 weeks to mail the damn form back.  But they both got them 2 days after my station visit.  So at least that was done very quickly.

As far as P2P paperwork, etc.  Manalapan does this....

===============

Standard FPID/P2P form

Standard Mental Health form

-Both filed in person when someone available at Station  Form info can not be hand written, except for signatures.

2 references

They send a form to your employer asking if the employer knows of any reason the applicant shouldn't have a firearm.

Then you wait for about 6 weeks.

===============

I think with these employer forms, they're looking for people who were fired recently and possibly considered "disgruntled".  I'd fully expect there to be people out there who'd apps were denied because they lost their job and this form spooked the employer.

Just went for more P2Ps in jackson. Fingerprinting required after 2 years. Nothing changed. Still have sign hanging saying delays due to volume of requests. Betting it will be June or July before I see them...

well that was a pleasant surprise. Just under 4 months....LOL

I just dropped off an application at Woodbridge PD last week. They use to take 8 weeks but the last time I applied it was after they switched to the online payment and it only took 4 weeks. We'll see how it goes this time.

No extra paper work. Two references, the application, and mental health form.