Tom-NJ2AS

FID & PP Card Township Paperwork Requirements

It's Forked River,Lacey PD. The juvi form they have you fill out when you drop all your other paperwork off.Another thing I know they have you do is if you need an extension you have to write the chief a letter explaining why you need the extension.

Okay. We don't have that one yet, so it you are able to scan that to a PDF and post it or email it, that would be helpful and appreciated.

As far as the juvi form goes they don't give it to you to take home.They give it to you when you drop off your paperwork have you fill it out and take it back.The letter to the chief just explains why you need an extension,no real form just a blank sheet of paper.With the letter I guess the ? is can the chief deny an extension?That would be interesting.

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:28 AM

This is how its done in monroe township for handgun permits .I just need to fill out the 3 forms and am on my way .just one thing i was told i could only apply for 3 permits at a time. I wanted 4 . I decided not to argue. so it looks like they follow most of the laws. thank god

dont forget the 18.00 mo for state police

N.J.A.C. 13:54-1.4 Applications for a firearms purchaser identification card and for a permit

to purchase a handgun

(a) Every person applying for a firearms purchaser identification card or for a permit to purchase

a handgun shall furnish such information and particulars as are set forth in the application form

designated STS-33. Forms can be obtained from municipal police departments, State Police stations

and licensed retail firearms dealers.

(b) The applicant shall waive any statutory or other right of confidentiality relating to institutional

confinement.

© The applicant shall provide the names and addresses of two reputable citizens personally

acquainted with him as references.

(d) The application shall be signed by the applicant and the completed application, together with

two sets of the applicant's fingerprints and fees as established by N.J.A.C. 13:59 in accordance with

N.J.S.A. 53:1-20.5 et seq., a consent for mental health records search form designated SP 66 and a

nonrefundable application fee of $ 5.00 for a firearms identification card and $ 2.00 for a permit to

purchase a handgun, shall be submitted to the chief of police of an organized full-time police

department in the municipality in which the applicant resides. If the municipality does not have an

organized full-time police department, application shall be made to the State Police station servicing

the municipality in which the applicant resides, or to any State Police station in the case of a nonresident.

(e) The chief of police of an organized full time police department of the municipality where the

applicant resides, or the Superintendent, when the applicant is a non-resident of this State or when

the municipality does not have a full time department, shall accept and investigate applications for

firearms purchaser identification cards and permits to purchase handguns.

(f) The fingerprints of any applicant shall be compared with any fingerprints maintained by the

State Bureau of Identification and the Federal Bureau of Identification for the purpose of

ascertaining the existence of any criminal record. The fingerprints shall be obtained and submitted

for such comparison by the chief of police or the State Police, as the case may be.

(g) An applicant for a handgun purchase permit who possesses a valid firearms purchaser

identification card, or who has previously obtained a handgun purchase permit from the same

licensing authority for which he or she was previously fingerprinted, and who provides an additional

valid identification document of his or her identity, need not be fingerprinted again. In such cases,

the chief of police or Superintendent shall otherwise fully investigate the applicant in accordance

with this subchapter. The chief of police or Superintendent shall require the applicant to complete

the New Jersey State Police, State Bureau of Identification (SBI) "Request For Criminal HistoryRecord Information For Non Criminal Justice Purpose" form, and pay the appropriate fee

established by N.J.A.C. 13:59. Applicants unable to provide an additional valid identification

document shall submit to fingerprinting.

Okay, today I dropped-off my wifes last reference at the local police station, so now all her paperwork is in. Did the finger printing last Friday.

From the time she filled-out the inital application for her FID and P2P (2) her references had their paperwork within 3 days (two references and her employer). We "cheated" since one of her references works at the station and the Detective handling both our cases is a friend.

Now the clock starts. I didn't keep-track with my initial starting date, I am going on week four though. At least we can keep-track of hers.

Thought I would give an update on my ptp.Put the paperwork in on March 17th.Let some time go by and called to check the status on April 28th,41 days later and was told "it went down to the Det. bureau to check the background"was also told"Now here's what happens next,when it's done i'll call you theres no need to call here" umm ok thank you.I was hopeing this was gonna go well because for the first time ever they did all the prints electronicly.Guess i was wrong :icon_cry:

When I first applied for my FID & pistol permits in 2009, I was living in Chatham Township. On the whole, I more or less found them pretty good about the whole thing. Only the two standard forms were required and the detective involved was a real nice guy. I have several other friends, most of whom still live in Chatham Township, that had similar experiences over the course of the next year and a half.

Unfortunately, things may have changed. One of my friends still residing in Chatham Township called me earlier tonight after having gone into the PD to request additional HG permits. Apparently the Chatham Township PD is now requiring applicants to also fill out a 3 page Firearms Applicant Questionnaire. Scans of the cover letter and the questionnaire are below.

ChathamTWPFirearmsQuest1.jpg

ChathamTWPFirearmsQuest2.jpg

ChathamTWPFirearmsQuest3.jpg

ChathamTWPFirearmsQuest4.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen,

I am attempting to collect each towns requirements for the FID card and Pistol Permits. If you happen to pass by your local police department, stop in and ask for all paperwork required for each. Or if you know your townships are all online, download them and email them to me. You can either scan them and email them after you get them, or mail them to me.

Thanks

Tom

NJ2AS.COM

[email protected]

P.O. Box 128

Manahawkin, NJ 08050

Hello Tom,

Would you have any info on Montclair?

Thank you

When I went to the police station in Lacey Twp I had to fill out:

1) State Police firearm form (I had this pre-done from the state site)

2) Ocean County Sheriff background check form

3) Ocean County mental health check form

4) Some other form I can't remember now for looking up my information

They claim it will just be faster if I fill out these things.

I think I need to write a letter....after I get my PP

I'll send it to you too Tom.

Secaucus, Hudson County

Required:

1. SP-066 - Consent for Mental Health Search

2. SP-033 - Application for Firearms Purchaser ID Card and/or Handgun Purchase Permit

3. 2 separate items of mail showing home address

4. Driver's license

Application took 5 weeks to be approved.

Thumbs up for Secaucus PD.

TheWombat

Westampton PD, burlington county wants the usual 3 forms and a 4th form that entitles them to do a background check and contact your work. the form states it's good for 1 year from the date it is signed.

The usual 3? I can only think of 2 usual forms.

Hi Tom,

Attached is a scanned copy of "emplyment verification form" req'd by Marlboro PD.

I dont have a copy of the reference form though.

All together Marlboro PD requires the following:

1. SP-066

2. SP-033

3. 2 references (2 forms sent off to those individuals

4. Employment verification (for m sent out to employer

5. MPD application form (has to be filled out onsite).

Hope this helps.

-Mpost-3785-0-73828500-1319827334_thumb.jpg

Hi Tom,

Attached is a scanned copy of "emplyment verification form" req'd by Marlboro PD.

I dont have a copy of the reference form though.

All together Marlboro PD requires the following:

1. SP-066

2. SP-033

3. 2 references (2 forms sent off to those individuals

4. Employment verification (for m sent out to employer

5. MPD application form (has to be filled out onsite).

Hope this helps.

-Mpost-3785-0-73828500-1319827334_thumb.jpg

whats the MPD application form ?

Wow, I can;t believe the PD is turning a verification of employment only that doesn't need to be done in the first place being employment isn't a requirement to have or apply for a FID or PP.

Add in the fact that they are putting the employer on the spot asking them to answer a question they shouldn't be ask or answer in the first place.

Wonder what a lawyer would have to say about that form, and I wonder what HR at the employer would advise to be done with the form.

Z71 - see post #39 in this thread. Very similar to that although I don't remember seeing anything about who household members.

Re: employment verification.

Obviously this is BS (what if everyone wrote "self employed"?)...but interestingly enough when I asked my HR director about this she said it wasn't a problem and that she gets these all the time. Now, obviously she doesn't mind and remains objective on the matter, but I don't know if any forms she gets are in fact pertaining to firearms IDs/etc or something else.

What bothers me the most is the last thing on that form.

Obviously it shouldn't (and on paper-it doesn't) matter whether or not I'm employed/etc, but what the hell does my employer's OPINION matter?

Why are they asked if THEY have any reason why I shouldn't be issued the ID/P2P?

I'm not surprised at all that you folks are going after this, and do appreciate the effort.

If I can find the rest of the "crap" they asked I'll post it as soon as I can.

-M

Almost forgot to mention:

On the MPD questionnaire/form they ask for 2 references and state that those can not be people who are actively LEO/etc.

I don't remember seeing that on 066/033 forms - someone correct me if I'm wrong.

-M

it's not. it just says 2 people that are not relatives.

anyone know what the process is for ridgefield PD? im just about to hand in my FPID application. whats the waiting time? what do they send out to my 2 references? do they call them or send a questionaire that they have to mail back? what will it cost me? i know what i need just looking for a few people on here who've had experience with this PD. thanks!

I dropped off my change of address form for my FID and also put in for a PP on 12/16 I received my permit and FID 1/9! Awesome work by the Haddonfield PD especially over the holidays! Im very pleased that I got it turned so quickly, no extra town made up forms or anything, just the state required stuff. The detective was super nice and very helpful. Cudos to HPD! I read about many guys waiting so lobg and filling out extra paperwork in their town. Bummer!