Brisco

To pin or not to pin????

OK, not sure if I should put this in Nj Gun laws. Anyway, I just received a new upper. 16" BCM lightweight middy. It is not attached to anything or near a lower. It came with a A2 flash hider which I will replace with a BattleComp muzzle break(NJ legal).

I know a barrel has to be 16" here for a rifle, and I know a threaded barrel is an evil feature. But does a brake have to be pinned on a 16" barrel???

Thank You

PS: anyone I haven't spoke with lately, hope your doing good, some personal BS lately

BCM middys shoot super soft-- supplement that upper with a decent buffer (in the lower), and it'll shoot like a dream.

But yes, as previously noted, all muzzle devices must be permanently attached, regardless of the overall length.

i had the same question, cant i just grind down the threads not not put anything there? i'm getting the dpms lr-308 ap4 i want to take off the flash and grind the threads i hate muzzle brakes can i do that?

i had the same question, cant i just grind down the threads not not put anything there? i'm getting the dpms lr-308 ap4 i want to take off the flash and grind the threads i hate muzzle brakes can i do that?

any gunsmith can properly cut the threads off and recrown the barrel, for under 100. paterson gunsmith quoted me $60.

If the threads are completely removed then no pinned on brake needed, or you can just pin one of these on.

http://www.riflegear.com/p-271-ar-15-thread-protector-knurled.aspx

+1 i would rather cover up the threads and pin that on then have them completely removed, one day we may be able to throw a flash hider on.