bry@n

Ace AR stock?

installation and removal of the foam sleeve is kind of a PITA, but a lightweight and comfortable stock.

If you're building a carbine that you shoot standing and squared up to your target, get the shorty. If you're building a long range bench rifle or one that you'll shoot bladed, get the longer one. i had the long one on my long range varmint build, then when i put a carbine upper, it was too long to shoot squared up so i built another dedicated lower with a shorter stock and its much more ergonomic. you can shoot the short stocks bladed too, they're just a touch closer to your head and only of concern if you run magnified optics.

IMG_2250.JPG

I prefer the full size. The foam tube is easy to put on if you have the right tool. Believe it or not... K-Y water based lube. It will evaporate after you slide on the foam. I did it dry and it was painful for myself and the stock. :icon_lol:

post-1277-0-96204700-1292047950_thumb.jpg

after installation the foam will stretch and be easier to remove. it slipped right off when i did the cord wrap. depending on your buffer tube, you may have to modify the tube and/or hole where the tube enters the ACE stock. i had to dremel drumsand the end of the tube and stock for it to fit right.