Genewarper111

First round to the antis - CA upholds "need for reasonale cause"

While we are all excited about the precedent set by Heller and McDonald, let's never forget it won't be easy.

http://www.njcsd.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4046

here, you can see that a case brought in a district in CA on the very question of whether Heller and McDonald extended the right to carry to outside one's home for the general public, was denied and the "good cause" requirement was maintained.

G

Huge blow? I don't think so. Look at the source, District of souhern California. If any place is more F'd up than Jersey, it's Cali. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see all or at least most of the current suits filed be dismissed or lost. Which is fine, we just need to get at least one to the SCOTUS, where we will hopefully get a ruling that will have to be enforced throughout the entire US.

I know its up to the states to determine but its just unbelievable that Americans in one state can have more rights then someone in another state. We are all collectively Americans. Just because of some line drawn on a map we have less rights then people a few miles away in PA. Imagine living literally a few feet from the border of PA? Your neighbor has way more rights yet pays less in taxes, car insurance, admin fees, and pretty much everything but gas!

I know its up to the states to determine but its just unbelievable that Americans in one state can have more rights then someone in another state. We are all collectively Americans. Just because of some line drawn on a map we have less rights then people a few miles away in PA. Imagine living literally a few feet from the border of PA? Your neighbor has way more rights yet pays less in taxes, car insurance, admin fees, and pretty much everything but gas!

As a recent immigrant from the UK (2001) this has been a constant mystery to me - no single US driving licence, everything so different... Intellectually I understand the "Independence of the Sates" thing and how it was critical to bringing the States together in th first place, but as a 21st century practicality? it's weird......

but hell - you'll not catch me going back to the UK any time soon!

G

Not sure where your living and comparing to PA but..

My PA car insurance was comparable to NYC, not NJ. NJ is less!! Angers me every time I hear complaints about car insurance. Taxes in PA are comparable to NJ, depends on the county you live in. For instance, I have a buddy right now living at the Water Gap paying $10k on a 3000 SqFt house. That is comparable to NJ, oh and his car insurance is more than mine.

That's the problem your using the wrong state to compare to. Everyone who says they want to escape NJ and move to PA is delusional. Everyone knows that PA is NJ's little brother who is growing up to be just like his older brother.

What happens when a bunch of NJ and NYC liberals move to PA. You get People's Republic of PA.

That's the problem your using the wrong state to compare to. Everyone who says they want to escape NJ and move to PA is delusional. Everyone knows that PA is NJ's little brother who is growing up to be just like his older brother.

What happens when a bunch of NJ and NYC liberals move to PA. You get People's Republic of PA.

Well maybe eventually, but this is certainly not the case so far. What exactly are you basing your assessment on?

I suggest we as gun owners and 2A rights advocates get into politics, else things will not change.

Remember, it's govt for the people, by the people. It's democracy and it's messy, but only people can clean it, not the govt per se. After all, who is the govt that we can complain about!?