bmanrkg3

If i got this pinned...

Wouldn't that device act as a suppressor or at least a flash hider? Would it turn the gun into AOW? Is it a Bayonet even though the stated purpose is tire deflation? Does it fall into knife categories triggering a whole set of different laws?

I don't have your answer, but it would seem to fall into a number of banned categories to me. I'm perfectly willing to be wrong here but straight out of the gate, I'd have to say no. Maybe there's been some rulings on it.

One other thing that comes to mind...why not just shoot the tire? If you've ever knifed a tire, it's fairly easy to get a knife hung up unless it's really sharp. I wouldn't want to be using the barrel of my gun as a pry bar to get it loose.

Yea I as well do not see the purpose of this either. First of all, I highly doubt you will EVER be in a situation where you will be puncturing tires with your AR. Second, even if it somehow WERE legal, with the gray areas of NJ's gun laws you would not be able to take your rifle anywhere without attracting some SERIOUS attention. My personal recommendation, don't do it.

I don't know about the legality of that, but was wondering if anyone has any experience with the brass catcher they had on that site. Looks like a nice idea to not have to pick up brass , but does it work well and does it get in the way when using it?

I don't know about the legality of that, but was wondering if anyone has any experience with the brass catcher they had on that site. Looks like a nice idea to not have to pick up brass , but does it work well and does it get in the way when using it?

unless you unload the bag after every few rounds, it causes jams. My fathers friend had one and tossed it in the garbage after a few trips to the range

I've been shooting all types of firearms since I was 8 and have over 3K posts at M4C in the past 3.5 years, yet I have never seen the likes of this "attachment" anywhere. Now that is literally a new one, had to post the link over there as well for entertainment purposes. :icon_e_biggrin: