Frank Jack Fiamingo

Florida CCW License Program EXPANDS to North Jersey!

Florida CCW License Program EXPANDS to North Jersey!

The NJ2AS and Firearms Training Center "Gun for Hire"

are adding an additional opportunity for you to obtain your

Florida license to carry

JOIN US ON WEDNESDAY JANUARY 12, 2010

for our monthly meeting and apply for your Florida CCW

The event is being held at

Gun for Hire's North Jersey Location

75 Rutgers Street

Belleville, NJ 07109

*** TIME AND SPEAKERS TBD ***

The cost for processing is $25.00 for members & $50.00 for non-members.

There will be an opportunity to join at the meeting.

We will have everything you need available including applications, fingerprinting, photo station and a notary.

Items you will need:

* a copy of any NRA or State firearms safety training certificate or

* a copy of your Hunter Education Card or

* a copy of your orders calling you to active duty if you are active duty military or DD-214 if you are a veteran

If you don't have any of the above, you will be able to sign up for the next Gun-For-Hire NRA First Steps class either prior to, or at the event." To arrange for training prior to the meeting contact "Gun for Hire" here.

You will also need a check or money order for the license fee of $117.00 payable to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.

*** NOTE - THIS FEE IS NOT REFUNDABLE. New Jersey does *NOT* have reciprocity with Florida ***

What do you do if you don't have neither the Hunter Educ card or Active Duty card?

If you have none of the listed items, you can contact Anthony Colandro at "Gun for Hire" or an NRA training instructor/center of your choice for a basic course. They will help you choose the best course for your needs. I hope that helps.

Woohoo! Finally something close by :icon_e_biggrin:

Pending no catastrophes at work, I'll be there.

Yeah, we figured you people up in the Alps would be pleased. Make sure everyone knows about it. This is an excellent chance to get you FL CCW *AND* have your voice added to our ranks. We will be making a LOT of noise over the next several months. We need to know who among the current list of representatives and potential candidates actually supports the right to carry a handgun for self defense and who does not. This information will be reflected in our decisions concerning who to support in November.

JOIN US ON WEDNESDAY JANUARY 12, 2010

for our monthly meeting and apply for your Florida CCW

The event is being held THIS month at

Correction needed.

That said, I'm gonna try to be there. This may be the closest FL permit event to me for a while.

I should be there. Thanks for setting something up in North Jersey.

We generally like to start the meetings at about 7:30pm, with the speakers starting around 8pm. I am waiting to hear back from Anthony to make sure we won't interfere with a class. I would also like him to be my first speaker. Keep an eye on our website for updates. I should know for sure in a few days.

Thanks,

Anthony regularly has classes that big... I am sure there is a place to park...

for the southies... remember the thing called "The Club"? make sure you bring it. :icon_mrgreen:

Sorry, could not resist.... I have not used the club since living in Elizabeth or visiting Brooklyn.

But I am sure there should be street parking... just dont park too close to the railroad.

Anthony regularly has classes that big... I am sure there is a place to park...

for the southies... remember the thing called "The Club"? make sure you bring it. :icon_mrgreen:

Sorry, could not resist.... I have not used the club since living in Elizabeth or visiting Brooklyn.

But I am sure there should be street parking... just dont park too close to the railroad.

I agree Maks. There should be sufficient parking, but - we *DO* have this forum, there is no reason why we can't organize some car pooling. Just a thought.

I remember the club. Never owned one.

Will a NJ Hunting license suffice to meet Florida requirements?

I've also completed a 4-day Defensive Handgun course from Front Sight in Nevada.

Just wondering.

You would need to make a copy of your hunter safety card. Your hunting license alone is insufficient.

Frankie, we can meet up, I'll be at work if you wanna swing by and we can go from there.

Pompton plains right off the highway

M

Very cool Matt. That helps the parking issue.

BTW everybody should join the NJ2AS and take the discount. Good cause!

Add those two together and as I said too pricy for me.

:Shrug:

Add in the hassle of getting a LEO to do your prints, paying $10 for passport photos, and actually getting the willpower to sit down and fill it out, the seminar is worth every penny.

• Like 2