Sign in to follow this  
Regulator72

Man opens fire @ School Board Meeting

Read about this yesterday, CNN has video of the ordeal. It's amazing how calm everyone was during the whole event. Some lady tries to knock the gun outta his hand with her purse... After the 1st shot he double taps one into the floor...

http://cnn.com/video/?/video/crime/2010/12/15/ac.school.board.gunman.cnn

It seems that this sort of event is becoming commonplace, this being the Peoples Republic and us not being allowed to protect ourselves, maybe we could learn from this...So aside from hitting him with something bigger, she had the element of surprise on her side, if it were you, what would you have done?

I think i would have tried to pull his arm up behind his back, but I'm not sure about where the muzzle would been facing.. or, take a running leap onto his back?

Am I the only one that thinks that woman had plenty of time to retrieve something a bit more substantial to hit the gunman with than her purse? She did exit the room, after all... She could have ended it right there.

One person with a carry weapon could have ended that whole scene quickly as well, but you know, the school is a gun free zone, so how on Earth did that guy get his gun in there???? Inquiring minds want to know.

If she wanted to play hero she should have found something hard to knock him out. Otherwise she should have run away. She could have been killed if the gunman was any more deranged.

I understand she had an opportunity (and it was the heat of the moment) but IMO she took an unnecessary risk. That time would have been better spent calling the cops while tracking down that armed guard.

Asking anyone in this forum what they would have done is a bit silly considering there's a good chance we would all be carrying in Florida :D [edit: oops, couldnt carry in a school anyway]

With that being said, those board members are VERY lucky, and I'm glad to see no innocents were hurt.

This guy is going to become the anti's poster boy now. But I think he makes a compelling argument for the right to carry anywhere...period. If any one of those board members had been carrying, I think it would have ended rather quickly.

• Like 1

I'm still in awe over some of those people reactions, guy pointed the gun at that women in the beginning and say you and you can leave, leave, and she grabs her stuff and putts away. I would have bolted, screw that. Actually i would have just ran the second i saw the gun.

I'm still in awe over some of those people reactions, guy pointed the gun at that women in the beginning and say you and you can leave, leave, and she grabs her stuff and putts away. I would have bolted, screw that. Actually i would have just ran the second i saw the gun.

you can hand over your man card now..HAHAHA...

• Like 4

I watched the video twice, and I think he missed the superintendent on purpose. It looks like he lines it up, then drifts his arm to the right and fires. The second shot into the floor was most likely a finger twitch from the adrenaline. Clearly this is all speculation....

you can hand over your man card now..HAHAHA...

I would gladly hand over my man card for my life. The only thing those people have to be lucky about is the fact the guy had no idea how to aim a firearm. Now if i were packing a CCW it would be a different story, u know the saying, don't bring a purse to a gunfight.

I saw it on Fox News this morning. Once he hit the ground he turned his aim towards the back of the room and began firing. I'm going to speculate he was shooting at someone.

Edit: Oh yea he was reported to be a convicted felon. NOT a legal gun owner.

Am I the only one that thinks that woman had plenty of time to retrieve something a bit more substantial to hit the gunman with than her purse? She did exit the room, after all... Anyone could have ended it right there if CCW was legal in NJ.

Fixed. I can only imagine how long this guy would have lasted if there were people who were armed in that room.