Sign in to follow this  
hopper

More layoffs to come

I skimmed that article briefly and I agree that the public is becoming less safe, and I do not like hearing public safety employees being one of the first cut in terms of job losses, but I hear a lot of people saying how all these job cuts are going to allow crime to increase. I do not believe so, most of the policing in NJ is reactive and not proactive. Hence, even though the media might say differently, crime levels will most likely stay the same.

I skimmed that article briefly and I agree that the public is becoming less safe, and I do not like hearing public safety employees being one of the first cut in terms of job losses, but I hear a lot of people saying how all these job cuts are going to allow crime to increase. I do not believe so, most of the policing in NJ is reactive and not proactive. Hence, even though the media might say differently, crime levels will most likely stay the same.

while it may be true that police mostly respond to crime as opposed to preventing it.. there is a certain level of perceived level of crime prevention..

meaning..

normally staffed police.. high level of police presence...

criminal or potential criminal perceives that amount of force..

news constantly drills into peoples heads that there are less and less police..

criminals or potential criminals perceive that there are less police.. and less chance in being caught..

this all coupled with a pretty weak economy.. people losing jobs left and right..

IMO makes our towns less and less safe...

My solution.. move to a rural area.. in a state that respects my right to carry a firearm.. living in a rural area reduces the amount of potential criminals... that coupled with with my ability to carry a firearm makes for a scenario that feels more secure to me..

I agree with you to a point but when the criminals know there are less patrols and less cops on the beat i believe they are more likely to commit a crime figuring they are less likely to be caught and as far as the prosecutors , my wife previously worked at a county prosecutors office and some of the workloads they have are insane , pretty scary stuff i say ...

hopefully, this can lead to a "shall issue" policy in NJ.

im just curious how many of these departments are actually OVER staffed?

i remember the PCSD had this issue w/ juvenile detention.

Honestly, not a whole lot of them are/were over staffed. Maybe over staffed by a handful, but they've been cutting by the hundred. The problem is, these cities there cutting are already on the verge of well, collapsing. Newark just dumped a SH8t load of money into there downtown district, including the new devils stadium. I'd like to see how they plan on keeping that place safe and clean with less police street presence. You also have high ranking schools like NJIT and UMDNJ in the middle of newarks ghetto, which means there going to have to step up security...the campuses are not gated, and anyone can walk onto them. Newarks shooting/death rate is already on the rise this year.

Winslow Twp laid off 8 officers a few months back and one of them was hired by the CCPO, along with 4 others. NOW, Winslow is hiring 3 of them back AND the CCPO is laying off the ones they hired plus several more? :icon_rolleyes: Do these people who decide that they have the money to hire, fire and rehire even know what they are doing?

Honestly, not a whole lot of them are/were over staffed. Maybe over staffed by a handful, but they've been cutting by the hundred. The problem is, these cities there cutting are already on the verge of well, collapsing. Newark just dumped a SH8t load of money into there downtown district, including the new devils stadium. I'd like to see how they plan on keeping that place safe and clean with less police street presence. You also have high ranking schools like NJIT and UMDNJ in the middle of newarks ghetto, which means there going to have to step up security...the campuses are not gated, and anyone can walk onto them. Newarks shooting/death rate is already on the rise this year.

My buddy is a UMDNJ Officer , he was stationed in Stratford but cost cuts made him get transferred to the newark area , what a night and day difference , he says they are laying off alot of the officers for " Security Gaurds "

gangbangers in Newark, Trenton, and Ac Literally had T-shits made up with the Layoff Dates. With 24 hours of Newark's layoffs there were over a dozen shootings, Armed Robberies, and several homicides.

gangbangers in Newark, Trenton, and Ac Literally had T-shits made up with the Layoff Dates. With 24 hours of Newark's layoffs there were over a dozen shootings, Armed Robberies, and several homicides.

so what you are saying is violent crime actually DROPPED? :icon_e_wink:

so what you are saying is violent crime actually DROPPED? :icon_e_wink:

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: That was too funny.

Really though, the scary part is that just like we are sitting here saying "Now there is MORE of a reason to allow CCW!!"......this is also the perfect thing for antis to sit there and say "Now that there are less cops, we need less guns on the street!!!" This is NOT by any means an easy hand out to allow us to start carrying.

Wish that was the case..one crew has been wreaking havok throughout Essex and Hudson Counties doing armed Robberies with a shotgun.

Since I live at the shore my local paper probably won't have those stories. Do you have any links to this stuff? I tried some searching but couldnt find anything. I figured it would be easy because if these gangs were really making up shirts and all that it would be over the news. I regularly read the Asbury Park Press and the NY Post. Not sure if they would publish these stories.

lol.gif

Why is that funny? I figured if it was true this would be something the media would be all over like a fly on ****. It sounds like the stuff urban legends are made of in my opinion but would be interested in reading about it if it was true.

Why is that funny? I figured if it was true this would be something the media would be all over like a fly on ****. It sounds like the stuff urban legends are made of in my opinion but would be interested in reading about it if it was true.

You think the media reports violence in the inner cities? You think the media wants to be "on the bad side" of the gangs? You realize that it's the NEWARK Star Ledger, right? They filter the news through cheese cloth and give you only what they want to give you.

Irvington NJ for many years was the car theft capitol of the USA. Was that media fodder? Why not?

If you want to see what happens in Newark, watch "Jacked" - it's the Auto Theft Task Force in action in Newark, Irvington and the surrounding areas.

You think the media reports violence in the inner cities? You think the media wants to be "on the bad side" of the gangs? You realize that it's the NEWARK Star Ledger, right? They filter the news through cheese cloth and give you only what they want to give you.

Irvington NJ for many years was the car theft capitol of the USA. Was that media fodder? Why not?

If you want to see what happens in Newark, watch "Jacked" - it's the Auto Theft Task Force in action in Newark, Irvington and the surrounding areas.

What I do realize is that if gans were making up shirts with the dates of the layoffs and proclaiming it to be a field day that it would be all over the news.

What I do realize is that if gans were making up shirts with the dates of the layoffs and proclaiming it to be a field day that it would be all over the news.

it was.. just google it.. there are tons of articles...

http://www.phillytrib.com/tribune/newsheadlines/16221-camden-layoffs-hit-minorities.html

it was.. just google it.. there are tons of articles...

http://www.phillytrib.com/tribune/newsheadlines/16221-camden-layoffs-hit-minorities.html

I just did that and see lots of articles saying this is happening but there is no tangible proof. There aren't even any pics of any of these tshirts. There have been no thirts confiscated by the cops either. If they were selling these shirts in bodegas and corner stores like the articles say, then someone would have taken pictures or the news would have done a story. This reeks of bs and urban legend in my opinion. I could be wrong but at this point it sounds like BS to me. Im gonna submit it to Snopes.com.

I just did that and see lots of articles saying this is happening but there is no tangible proof. There aren't even any pics of any of these tshirts. There have been no thirts confiscated by the cops either. If they were selling these shirts in bodegas and corner stores like the articles say, then someone would have taken pictures or the news would have done a story. This reeks of bs and urban legend in my opinion. I could be wrong but at this point it sounds like BS to me. Im gonna submit it to Snopes.com.

I've seen them, so have a bunch of other people