deni

NJ Legal Muzzle Brakes?

i didnt want to start a new thread so i decided to just put it here. im looking for a new jersey legal muzzle brake or comp. but i looking for one that looks similar in style to this rainier one, i want it to have sharp points... 35b346aa.jpg

and does anyone have experience with this rainier brake? it looks but small to me?

i didnt want to start a new thread so i decided to just put it here. im looking for a new jersey legal muzzle brake or comp. but i looking for one that looks similar in style to this rainier one, i want it to have sharp points... 35b346aa.jpg

and does anyone have experience with this rainier brake? it looks but small to me?

If you meant to say "too small", then I'd have to ask, too small for what? Yes, if you have a 14.5" barrel and you need the extra 1.5", then it may be, but it would be close. As far as effectiveness, not sure that is a function of size. Yes, there are brakes with more expansion chambers (thus longer), but not sure that makes them any more effective. Once that main "ball of gass" hits the first obstruction and is diverted, how much more is there?

There is no definition of what a "NJ legal" brake/comp is. Rule of thumb says that if the exit hole of the device is only slightly over bore size, it is a brake/comp. If the exit hole is wide open - to the diameter of the device, it is a flash hider, or at least NOT a comp/brake.

Good luck.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Rainier said in a thread on ar15.com that it is the same as thier XTC just without the flash hider tines. So its just a shortened XTC, which is a pretty effective comp

Found it..

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_124/548279_Rainier_Arms_Mini_Compensator___RMC.html

the compensating portion of the of the XTC and RMC is exactly the same and will give you similar results in the area of compensation.
Edited by alowerlevel

breaching doors!!! maks how did ya thats what i wanted to do! read some good stuff on that brake, its definitely going on a 16" barrel so worries on length. arent there more jersey legal brakes/comps available out there? from my searches it seems pretty slim..

breaching doors!!! maks how did ya know thats what i wanted to do! read some good stuff on that brake, its definitely going on a 16" barrel so worries on length. arent there more jersey legal brakes/comps available out there? from my searches it seems pretty slim..

Door-breachers stand-off further and are generally used on shotguns to take out the hinges and lock mechanism. Toothed compensators are more a CQB anti-personnel type thing.

this one seems what you are looking for

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=24940/Product/PHANTOM-5C2-COMP-FLASH-HIDER

reading the description: Chisel-shaped front notches keep muzzle planted on your attacker during CQB situations.

Except thats an evil flash hider

Most of the ones listed HERE and HERE are legal