Sign in to follow this  
AKA0314

Applying for Permit after denial was appealed

My original application for FID and purchase permit was denied. It was appealed and granted. I've been looking all over trying to get a definitive answer on this and can't seem to find it. If down the line I apply for a second purchase permit, on question #27 do I have to answer yes that I've been refused an application in the past. I've read that I would have to answer yes. I've also read that since it was appealed and I won the appeal that I do not have to answer yes.

You would benefit the most from speaking to the lawyer who helped you appeal.

+1 this is a tricky question to answer, some towns may see the appeal and see it as a means to disregard your denial, some towns may deny you becuase u lied on it and they don't recognize the appeal. The question is did the appeal overthrow the original decision of denial.

I suggest asking your lawyer if you had one.

But if you want my opinion, the question asks if you "ever" had an application refused. I would say "yes" since you were refused and had to appeal. The "refuse" action happened. You can then state that it was appealed and you were granted a permit. This is the total face value "truth" to the question.

At, the bottom of the app #30 has you sign that all statements are true and correct. If something is incorrect, you may be denied for falsification of application. This is a "catch all" reason for disapproval if anything may be incorrectly stated on your form.

Since I don't know all the details, and am not a lawyer, thats the best I can do. I don't know that an appeal actually means it never happened.

You should have a letter from the court showing the judgement on your appeal. answer yes.....And enclose the "judgement" from the court. Of course, check with your lawyer. But I am pretty sure that is how you will have to handle any and all applications.

• Like 1

You should have a letter from the court showing the judgement on your appeal. answer yes.....And enclose the "judgement" from the court. Of course, check with your lawyer. But I am pretty sure that is how you will have to handle any and all applications.

This sounds like a really good answer.. I still agree check with the lawyer.. but this answer seems most reasonable..

It never went to court. My lawyer settled with the prosecutor and police chief. About a month before the court date I got a call to go pick up my permit.