Old School

Taurus PT709 vs GLOCK 26

Looks like we are going to find out on the Taurus as I just bit the bullet and got a great deal on one from gunbroker, so should have in a week or so.

If I dont like it, I will sell it.

I have heard good things about this model tho.

I was seriously eyweing the PPS, but it was 2xs as much as the Taurus and just couldn't justify it.

I have 3 Taurii. .357 revolver, 92, and now the 709.

My 709 is brand spanking new, havn't had the time to shoot her yet. Plan is to this weekend at CJRPC , problably Sat AM. If you're a member and have plans on going this weekend, let me know , would be happy to let you try it out.

Fit and finish are pretty good. The size is excellent, and provided it doesn't piss me off at the range, it would be first choice for CCW (outside PRNJ of course).

slightly off topic: I love my revolver, 92 is spot on, handles great. I had a trigger job done to it which was well worth it.

I have read MANY MNAY positive reviews on the 7089 slim. MANY more then those who actually own the gun and have had problems.

99.9% of people bashing it don't even own one or have ever fired one.

Mike, that is the smartest thing I've ever heard on this forum. Hands down. You sir have just learned the biggest lesson in gun forums, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH AND BUY WHAT YOU WANT!!!!