tony357

snow storm..

you guys can borrow mine if you can pick it up.

Mine payed for itself so many times. Next year I'll have a plow again.

Fiance has already begged my dad to come over with his, lol. But thanks anyway!

Pretty lucky here in Central/Western NJ, probably have about 6" - 8". Just got done doing the driveways. Even though it's not as much as most of you got, I'm glad I have a snow blower.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I blew out the belt on the snowblower...

So, the very old Gravely Model L was resurrected to finish the job.

Now I need to find Ariens belts.

Yea my hand-me-down craftsman started acting up at the end. I think its going to need to be stripped down and cleaned again. I may just buy a new one at tax return time depending if they are on sale.

I will have a few pic's later.. along the oceanside was brutal spent all night on LBI.

i got in around 8:00 am, took a shower and knap just heading back out to plow the marina and resteraunt, have to dig out my truck, drifting has buried it during my knap, dam white stuff has the plow and all buried, SOB..

see you guys tonight..

Dan , depending on the age of your ariens a John Deere dealer may have the belts. Ariens made their blowers for quite a few years, and a lot of the parts are interchangeable.

Thanks - also appears to be a belt and idler upgrade available for some reason.

Hard to tell with the drifts that have been forming because of this constant wind, but I'd say around 18'' (this being at the border of Mercer and Middlesex County). No plows through the neighborhood either-- though that's how it has always been (even though the town's Public Works' warehouse and offices are located behind the neighborhood, and have to drive through the center of this neighborhood to just get to the rest of town).

I'd say 16-24 up here in Oakland. Drifts are nice though. My 7hp Honda blower rocks !!!

Did 300 ft of walkways and my six car driveway. She just cruises that Honda blower. If anyone's in the market I highly recommend the Honda's.

Did not make it into work as I had hoped NJ transit was shut down and I drive to the bus. :angry:

All i have to say is My BACK HURTS!

Put a new carb on the snowblower and now it over revs... one tire was flat and wouldn't take air... I need to get this friggen thing running. I think im gonna just put something small in between the throttle and carb body to keep it from opening all the way, the moms pickin up a tire and some sheer pins.

Spent last night and today shoveling and using the snow blower....this storm was pretty heavy. Hard to say how much actually fell cuz the drifts are so big and the DAMN wind hasnt stopped in over 24hrs. The snow stopped this morning nad yet I had to clean my driveway three times today and probably again before I go to sleep.

Am I getting old or does everyone hate snow now??

-Scott

After reading this thread we need one on snowblower maintnance!!!

few pics and vid from last night..

3-4 on ground when i left.

001.jpg

sometime last night, white out conditions..

008-1.jpg

short vid of plowing about 8 on ground..click the pic short vid..If i had more bytes in the memory card i would have took vid of plowing 3 ft drifts would have been cool to listen to the turbo spooling up!!!!

th_009-1.jpg

Spent last night and today shoveling and using the snow blower....this storm was pretty heavy. Hard to say how much actually fell cuz the drifts are so big and the DAMN wind hasnt stopped in over 24hrs. The snow stopped this morning nad yet I had to clean my driveway three times today and probably again before I go to sleep.

Am I getting old or does everyone hate snow now??

-Scott

I love the snow....just as long it doesnt fall in my driveway! :icon_rolleyes:

Tony, in the vid, did the plow trip??

RE: snowblower maint, I did say that I fired up the Gravely Model L... Older than most of the forum members, still fires up when I need it and always always does the job. The landscaper across the street (whose snowblower also died) had to pick his tongue up off the ground when he saw me roll the monster out.

Pretty lucky here in Central/Western NJ, probably have about 6" - 8". Just got done doing the driveways. Even though it's not as much as most of you got, I'm glad I have a snow blower.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

We got about a foot just up the road. I always say that the Delaware River creates some really strange weather patterns around here. I used to joke about it, but as of last year I am convinced.

Woke up around 4AM to plow our driveway and the neighbors. Mine is about 200' long and goes uphill to the road. My wife didn't end up going to work today, but I did. I'm still pissed that I did. She drives a Jetta and I drive a F150. I plow the driveway for her...

Pic is from last year, but this is what I use the clear our driveway.

Picture658.jpg

I wish I had a heated cab! I have an old Craftsman tracked snow-blower that I inherited, but never got to run right. It would come in handy clearing/ making trails for the girls in the yard.

Picture611-2.jpg

Picture620.jpg

Tony, in the vid, did the plow trip??

no pushed it up to stack snow the camera stopped i ran out of memory.i can get a snow pile about 8 ft high and john comes along and can push it about 12 ft high with his big plow 10' blade on a f550..