Dewhitewolf

SigSauer Academy Road Trip!

Hey all, thanks for reading.

I was in the new chat room the other day, and some of us got to talking about taking courses at the SigSauer Academy in New Hampshire. Many of us had the same concerns, about it being a long drive and having to spend money on gas and tolls just getting there, then worry about spending the night (if the course is more than one day).

We also talked a little bit about how it would be better to carpool if there was enough interest (forgive me, I don't recall who was in the room at the time or whether they were serious). So, here's the idea that I have now: if you have any interest in taking a course at the SigSauer Academy, chime in here. I'm not locking anyone into any dates or specific courses (in fact, we wouldn't even have to take the same course, just coordinate our courses on the same days). Take a look at their 2011 course schedule and find some courses you might be interested in (does not have to be soon; it can be spring or summer). If we can find a mutual date, we can carpool and share the cost of gas, tolls, and hotel room. However, I do have just one rule: we drive straight through to New Hampshire; no stops along the way in New York, because I plan on bringing my own gun to whichever course I take. This is not a trip to stop for souvenirs or deals at the factory outlet malls.

Let me know what you think!

I read that there was a 15% discount form their shop if you attend any of their courses.

Has anyone taken an advantage of this ?

I thought it was 20% but who's counting.

Ken, I would also consider local training but I would also like to spread the classes around and see what benefits you get from other trainers.

Whoever ends up going needs to stop and pick me up some booze on the way home. God it's so cheap in NH.

If you want cheap booze, make friends with somebody in the military. They can buy booze on base with no state tax on it (which is why alcohol is so expensive in the first place).

If you want cheap booze, make friends with somebody in the military. They can buy booze on base with no state tax on it (which is why alcohol is so expensive in the first place).

Class Six store FTW!

I, too, would be interested in carpooling to a Sig training class.

For me, this won't happen anytime soon. I just had to pay for a new set of tires (my old ones were worn in the inside). I also have to get some kind of "arm" replaced so it stops happening. I guess that's what I get for buying a used vehicle.