Krdshrk

IDPA Classifier Match - 1/16/11

Anyone know if its mandatory to sign up to idpa prior to the shoot or can someone just shoot for fun and remain unclassified

Per the rulebook, you're allowed to shoot one match without registering with the IDPA. I can't imagine anyone will call you out on this/enforce this, but that's what it says. I registered a few months ago. If you shoot it without registering it just means the classification won't be on the IDPA website, and you might not be able to sign up for a state/national match in your appropriate division.

I registered for IDPA too - have my card and all the info at home. If you guys sign up this week hopefully you'll get your stuff in time. I signed up on 12/22 and got the stuff on 12/30

so it's not enough to just register say the day before...

u need the physical credentials or what have you to classify?

can't just have a member number or whatever it is?

I went for a little while...only shot the first round and SUCKED really bad - gun consistently malfunctioned, not sure why though. Had to leave early for family obligations. Gotta go back eventually to redeem myself!! Pretty cool for my first time out though. Hope everyone else does better than I did!!

What a long day!

I arrived around 9:30 because the website said 10:15 but apparently there was a mix up in the scheduling because their newsletter said 11:30.

I left around 6ish and it wasn't even over yet.

As far as how I shot, ehhh... some strings I felt I did well(for myself) and others were just terrible.

I guess we'll see when the scores are posted.

Good times though

I went for a little while...only shot the first round and SUCKED really bad - gun consistently malfunctioned, not sure why though. Had to leave early for family obligations. Gotta go back eventually to redeem myself!! Pretty cool for my first time out though. Hope everyone else does better than I did!!

Which guy were you? The guy with the glock that was chatting with some of us? I think I lent my gun oil to you...

Some of us shot awesome, some shot horrible.

I was one of the horrible ones but still managed to qualify as SSP Marksman.

ChrisJM981 will be ESP Marksman

Moose requalified as SSP Marksman

MrP went up to SSP Sharpshooter (Congrats!)

GlennP qualified as SSP Marksman

SirSloop qualified as SSP Marksman

Deni qualified as SSP Novice

Marlon & Ronny had to leave early - it was a LONG night.

Which guy were you? The guy with the glock that was chatting with some of us? I think I lent my gun oil to you...

Yeah i had to leave, but my effort will not wasted. That is all I can say.

Yup, that was me!! Thanks again. Gonna go to the range sometime this week to see if I'm having the same problems. I wish I could have stayed being it was my first time there and only my 2nd time at an event similar to that. Definitely good times though... Maybe I'll see you next month.

nice job mrp!

Thanks! Lordy, that was a long day. I thought the same thing as you when I saw the website and would've been veeeeery early, but Glenn straightened me out when I got to his house. Nick, when's the video going to be up? Can't wait to laugh at myself fighting with my SERPA lock.

Thanks! Lordy, that was a long day. I thought the same thing as you when I saw the website and would've been veeeeery early, but Glenn straightened me out when I got to his house. Nick, when's the video going to be up? Can't wait to laugh at myself fighting with my SERPA lock.

Yeah Glenn called me up saying you were at his house and was wondering what time we had to be there.

Video will hopefully be up tonight. Depends on how much time I have.

It was nice putting some faces to the names. Ron I didn't realize that was you there or I would've introduced myself. Can't wait for the next one!

Yeah i was there, no idea it was you either. No idea what you look like, but next time.