Caine

15 round AK-type magazines

The cut down 15 round AK mags were harder to make than I thought. Good news is I was able to work with my father over the weekend to get him up to speed on everything for when I deploy to Korea. He will run it better than me and there won't be a hickup in the transfer. I am planning on visiting him again next weekend to continue to work on the 15 round magazine.

Anyone know where I can get any ak74 mag nj legal issac sold out and im trying to get one for this week so I can shoot my ak74 when it comes in later this week. I don't want to have to wait until he gets more in just to shoot the rifle and test it out. Or anyone want to sell me just one I don't care if it is a 10 rounder or whatever.

Anyone know where I can get any ak74 mag nj legal issac sold out and im trying to get one for this week so I can shoot my ak74 when it comes in later this week. I don't want to have to wait until he gets more in just to shoot the rifle and test it out. Or anyone want to sell me just one I don't care if it is a 10 rounder or whatever.

I can lend you 5 or 6 10 rounders. Just leave/send me their value as collateral and I'll give it all back when you are done minus shipping (if I ship)

The cai from jg comes with 1 and they are giving me a hard time even shiping to ffl. I need to see if mastadon can get some documentation it is ok or something. Otherwise I'm beat the one mag. Centerfire systems I think has it with 4 mags for just a little more than jg.

The cai from jg comes with 1 and they are giving me a hard time even shiping to ffl. I need to see if mastadon can get some documentation it is ok or something. Otherwise I'm beat the one mag. Centerfire systems I think has it with 4 mags for just a little more than jg.

Weird. When I ordered my polish AK I didnt even mention it wasnt legal in NJ.... I figgured why should it concern them since its ultimatly up to the FFL to decide what flies and what doesnt. They sent the 30 rounders with it (of course I didnt take posession of them)

J&G gave me a hard time about the 30 rounder for the M74. I told them to keep it. Small price to pay....

Speaking of my rifle, I'm thinking it should be in to Paul's either today or tomorrow. (crossing fingers)

Having trouble with the fit of Isacs Mags in my Saiga 7.6 with bullet guide installed already. Mag goes in but will not click in. Tried to modify one and still no click in. It appears to me the angle on the mag catch on the mag is not identical to the mag catch on the mag on my modified Saiga mag. Also, the catch on the mag itself appears wider(thicker). Anyone else have this problem? How did you resolve it? Anyone have a pict of what the mag catch on the mag needs to look like if you had to dremmel it?, taken after you did the dremmel work. Do I need to modify the actual mag catch on the rifle, which I am reluctant to do in case I get other brand AK mags

• Like 1

Having trouble with the fit of Isacs Mags in my Saiga 7.6 with bullet guide installed already. Mag goes in but will not click in. Tried to modify one and still no click in. It appears to me the angle on the mag catch on the mag is not identical to the mag catch on the mag on my modified Saiga mag. Also, the catch on the mag itself appears wider(thicker). Anyone else have this problem? How did you resolve it? Anyone have a pict of what the mag catch on the mag needs to look like if you had to dremmel it?, taken after you did the dremmel work. Do I need to modify the actual mag catch on the rifle, which I am reluctant to do in case I get other brand AK mags

doing bullet guide is only half of process.. you must also adjust EVERY mag.. OR the mag catch.. if you do every mag.. the downside is the gun will not universally work with mil surp mags.. the upside is your saiga mag will still work.. if you do mag release.. the upside is your gun will accept milsurp mags universally.. and as a downside the saigas will not.. BUT there is a fix.. if you go SUPER SUPER slow on shaving the mag catch.. and the ak mags are of decent quality.. you should reach a point where BOTH the saigas AND mil surp mags will work.. who did installation of bullet guide?

I installed the CSS guide using their kit, that was easy. I will work on the catch, slowly and see if I can reach the point where both the modified saiga mags and the AK mags both fit. Thanks for the advice. Looking forward to shooting it.

I installed the CSS guide using their kit, that was easy. I will work on the catch, slowly and see if I can reach the point where both the modified saiga mags and the AK mags both fit. Thanks for the advice. Looking forward to shooting it.

good luck let us know!

sjglaw, I have the same issue with only one of the 5 mags I bought from Isaac. I filed down the mag catch didn't do anything to the mags. I tested with my original saiga mags,surefire mags and Isaac's they fit well except for that one. I have to seat it in at a certain angle for it to click in. Might have to file down the catch on the mag itself. I could not figure out exactly what the issue is. I tried contacting Issac but didn't receive a repose yet. Hey Isaac if you see this post have any idea's on what it might be ??

I might fool around with it this weekend. For now im just going to use it as a starter mag.

sjglaw, I have the same issue with only one of the 5 mags I bought from Isaac. I filed down the mag catch didn't do anything to the mags. I tested with my original saiga mags,surefire mags and Isaac's they fit well except for that one. I have to seat it in at a certain angle for it to click in. Might have to file down mag itself. I could not figure out exactly what the issue is. I tried contacting Issac but didn't receive a repose yet. Hey Isaac if you see this post have any idea's on what it might be ??

I might fool around with it this weekend. For now im just going to use it as a starter mag.

Hey guys, I have been busy with graduating and commissioning into the Army. I apologize for not getting back to you guys sooner. You can always give me a call and I will be more than happy to talk over the phone.

As far as your issues go, I have never converted a Saiga to take AK mags so I don't know a whole lot about shaving mags. I have however customized my own magazines to sit perfect in my AK 47 receiver. It just takes time shaving and testing till you get it just right. If any one of my mags has an actual defect, I will promise to get you a new magazine.

I still haven't heard from the owner of this forum. I feel really bad and want to talk to him to reimburse him. If anyone knows him personally, please have him give me a call.