Caine

Kel-Tec KSG

OK Ill be the guy to stand up and say that Im FINE with the capacity of my shotgun :) I dont want or need something that looks like it s from the video game doom or a boat anchor slung out front. If I need more capacity, Im not grabbing the shotty, simple as that.

Personally, extra capacity is a nice plus, but is secondary for me. I can live with 7+1 in an HD shotgun. I have no interest in shooting slugs inside my house, so the ability to switch ammunition types and what not... also not high up on the list of pluses. Looks are completely irrelevant. The form factor of the KSG, on the other hand, is what piques my curiosity. I can appreciate the convenience of an ambidextrous 26" shotgun indoors and since I can't own an SBS, the KSG seems like a good alternative...

...if it's actually reliable, of course.

The form factor of the KSG, on the other hand, is what piques my curiosity. I can appreciate the convenience of an ambidextrous 26" shotgun indoors and since I can't own an SBS, the KSG seems like a good alternative...

...if it's actually reliable, of course.

This is what is interesting me as well. Yes, having two mag tubes is nice....even though 7 rounds of 12ga is enough for me for HD. Even if this KSG were only 7+1, I would still be interested because of the design. If this turns out to be reliable, it will quickly move to the top of my list.

the KSG seems like a good alternative... ...if it's actually reliable, of course.

There in lies the question. If it is, then it's an excellent choice for almost any tactical application. If it's not, well then you have a fun toy!

There in lies the question. If it is, then it's an excellent choice for almost any tactical application. If it's not, well then you have a fun toy!

Fun Toys are what Keltec does, I don't know of anyone who owns anything Keltec (me included) that thinks they could be a serious LEO or even heavy use civilian firearm.

Fun Toys are what Keltec does, I don't know of anyone who owns anything Keltec (me included) that thinks they could be a serious LEO or even heavy use civilian firearm.

I know some people that love their little pocket auto's, retired LEO's and Pennsy residents. Like I always say, if it runs then use it.

this gun is slated to come out third quarter... although Kel-Tec says it is going to be sooner.. this was the most talked about gun at the Shot Show and apparently they are running more then one factory making them

How do I get to the FRONT of the list??

Wow...I forgot how freaking slow pumps are. I really need to dust off my Winchester 1300 Defender and start practicing with it again.

I was initially really interested in this weapon but after watching the vids...not so much. I'm pretty sure I can dump 10 rounds from 2 standard saiga 12 mags before keltec-dude gets through 7 rounds in that one tube.

The slug in one tube and buck in other sounds neat at first too. But if you've got one type already chambered, that means you need to eject a live round to switch to the other type. So...it's the same concept anyway if I had to swap out buck for slug using mags (and vice versa).

Also not a big fan of anything that dumps empty 12ga shells at my feet. It's hard to look all ninja when you're tripping over empty hulls.

I'd be SHOCKED if we see the KSG before very late 2011 or early 2012. And, honestly, with all the interest they got at SHOT, I'm sure they're gonna try to rush them out and QC will suffer... i'll probably end up waiting for v2.0

I'd be SHOCKED if we see the KSG before very late 2011 or early 2012. And, honestly, with all the interest they got at SHOT, I'm sure they're gonna try to rush them out and QC will suffer... i'll probably end up waiting for v2.0

Yar, me too. I don't want any kabooms in my face :icon_e_confused:

• Like 1

Saw this on KTOG:

As was said before. one of the reasons that we announce and show a model many months before it will be shipped is so that we can incorporate suggestions from potential users into the production models. We had a good number of suggestions that will help make the KSG a great product.

1. Trigger reset. This will be adjusted in the production model so that you can hold the trigger down, pump back and forward, release, and then re-pull the trigger to fire the next round. No worrying about the trigger going dead, and no Pump-firing if you hold the trigger down.

2. Pump lock switch. A new latch button is in the works that will allow the trigger finger to activate the pump lock without reaching in front of the trigger guard, and potentially getting pinched by the pump. Only the KSG in the law enforcement booth had a similar latch button, made out of welded steel, but the production model will be a polymer button pinned to the steel.

3. a removable rail mounted hand-stop will be available (and probably included) to help alleviate fears of sliding your hand too far forward in front of the barrel.

4. indicator holes in the top of the magazine tubes so you can visually see when you have 0, 1, or 2 rounds left in a tube.

The following are accessories that will likely be offered after KSG production ramps up.

1. Extended butt pads. This would be similar to the SU-16 extended pad. Remove some screws and replace the existing pad with the thicker pad.

2. Choke adapter. remove the end muzzle nut, and replace with the choke adapter. this will extend a few inches in front of the existing barrel.

3. breacher attachment. Similar to the choke adapter, just designed for LE use as a door breacher.

4. Single point sling mount.

The other common suggestion was to swap the way the safety works, but this is unlikely to happen do to the nature of the bullpup style trigger mechanism in the KSG. The KSG is designed to use the thumb to push the safety from left to right in order to enable the gun to fire. Other shotguns have the safety near the trigger and use the trigger finger to push the safety from right to left to enable them to fire. perhaps a reverse safety could be an accessory in the future.

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1296065107