Caine

Kel-Tec KSG

Notice at the 30 second mark he almost took his finger off racking the slide. That will be a painful wake-up call if you miss that. Not a bad little monster. I like how they have this great design and totally new operation but it just costs too much. Not to mention, WHERE ARE THEY!

Notice at the 30 second mark he almost took his finger off racking the slide. That will be a painful wake-up call if you miss that. Not a bad little monster. I like how they have this great design and totally new operation but it just costs too much. Not to mention, WHERE ARE THEY!

Only because they're just being introduced..just like ANY new product. The RFB, and the PMR-30 were the exact same way, impossible to get, prices through the roof, until their production caught up to demand..This will be no different. By the summertime, things should have settled down, and you'll be able to get it for normal pricing. This is just the firearms equivalent of the PS-3 introduction. it's a matter of patience..i want one, but i dont NEED one, therefore i can wait until things stabilize, and the first run of Production models are out, and glitches if any are addressed.

Finally got to play with one @ SHOT, and I just want it more. Feels very very solid in the hands, and even though I was already going to buy one, being able to fondle it just makes me want it more.

I've seen on at least 4 websites that are selling the KSG (obviously all are out of stock) that they won't ship to NJ, I'm wondering if that's just because they don't want to deal with NJ gun laws? I don't see why they wouldn't want to ship here.

Give it time. I know that at least 2 forum vendors have them on order and should have them before long. They will probably wind up being cheaper through the locals than buying online and paying for a transfer + shipping.

Not to :thsmiley_deadhorse: but....

what's everyone's intended use for this? just for fun? or HD? For HD, this is a no-go for me. HD is bet-your-life reliability and that's something Kel-Tec is not known for. It gets big points for cool factor, but no way I'd get this for HD. Now, for the upcoming Zombie Apocalypse, this thing could come in handy (15 zombies per reload, baby!). I also don't see the military or any agencies picking it up, either (reliability, reliability).

Kel-Tec is the Jaguar of the firearms industry. Nice concepts, but you have to buy two of them. You use one while the other is in the shop.

• Like 1

what's everyone's intended use for this? just for fun? or HD? For HD, this is a no-go for me. HD is bet-your-life reliability and that's something Kel-Tec is not known for. It gets big points for cool factor, but no way I'd get this for HD. Now, for the upcoming Zombie Apocalypse, this thing could come in handy (15 zombies per reload, baby!). I also don't see the military or any agencies picking it up, either (reliability, reliability).

Kel-Tec is the Jaguar of the firearms industry. Nice concepts, but you have to buy two of them. You use one while the other is in the shop.

I couldn't trust my life with a Kel-tec, it REALLY has to prove itself.

• Like 1

I would rather see Kel tec take their time on manufacturing them then rush them out with problems, I'm sure there might still be some small problems but it's better than alot of problems

The gun's debut was over a year ago with the anticipation for early mid 2011 sales, they didn't seem to rush anything, fixed problems and foreseen issues, thanks to the fact they had people testing the different models. This is a revised KSG to hit the market, so it would seem they have their cards strait, but time will tell how reliable they are. You can spend 10 years taking your time making a POS, lol. It's not an entirely complicated gun, a pump action, and not a whole lot to go wrong, however, the issue will probably be material wear and tear if anything.... and possibly fingers with band-aids.

Because it's an ultra compact 15 round capacity pump action 12ga shotgun. I didn't think there was need to explain beyond that?

• Like 1

Thats a funny line, but more of an Internet meme than the truth, I suspect. I know a number of people with Keltecs and none of them have had a single problem. Also, Jaguar hasn't sucked so much since the 80s, and have been putting out decent cars for ~10 years...

I think Keltecs are great gun forum complainer fodder, but are perfectly fine in real life.

Not sure if it was ksg chad's fault but at like 23:55 6-7shots in it jammed/ spent shell in the chamber couldn't rack the next....I definitely want one but I'll let them get all the new gun bugs are worked out lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_z6vqX0-K0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

not sure if this has been covered yet or not, but what about hunting with one of these? now you can have 2 shells in the mag tube one in chamber. but with this could you have 2 in each tube and one in chamber? to add more weight to the question if i hunted with a saiga 12 and had 3 mags with 2 rounds each ya know would it be the same thing? and go......(sorry if this is a dumb question)