Caine

Kel-Tec KSG

I'd jump on one of these things if a) I can personally hold it, b) was in the 700 range they keep saying it will be in. That being said, I remember I tried to buy a PF-9 from Keltec. Waited like 2.5 months on order with various promises from the dealer's distributor that it will "be in any day". I even called Keltec to find out if they are actually making the darn things, didn't get far... just "we're working on it". Needless to say I canceled and went another direction.

Keltec - High on innovation, Low on ability to execute.

• Like 1

I received this email from a distributor >

In case you folks didn’t catch it. A dealer posted that he had a Keltec KSG for sale and posted it on GunBroker. The shotgun sold for $4025.00 and had 11,721 hits.

There was no KSG to be sold. The gun didn’t exist. I’ve received information from a very reliable source that they did it for market research. They wanted to see how much the KSG would sell for.

Keltec had projected a release date of somewhere around the end of the year at 2011 Shot Show. As of today, they are still holding to that release date. The KSG will be going out to dealers for $XXX.XX once they are available. Just thought I’d share this with all of you. Have a great weekend and be safe.

We should form a MW forum and get playing together. The zombie squad could try out some new tactics. :p

The only tactic that seems to work in the game is to run in circles while taking short breaks to turn around and throw down some lead and nades. You can stand up to the hoard until about round 14 and then SHTF.

I received this email from a distributor >

That's not even an appropriate sales scheme... what some one will pay for a one off is completely different then what someone would pay for a retail item. Sure 1 nut job would pay 4k for the shotgun, maybe a couple would, but that does not reflect the market.. People will pay out the butt for an exclusive item, even if its a POS. When an item goes retail, nothing will reflect the price other then quality and availability.

We see this all the time with leaked phones on ebay and such.. New iphones that havnt hit the market yet go for around 2k, wait a month and u can buy it for $500. Also i'm not sure what gunbroker rules are, but i would be pissed to spend all that time bidding on an item that isn't really for sale...

IMHO if keltec does there research in such a manner then i wouldn't even want one. Seems like there trying to squeeze every last dime they can, and use an excuse to charge more and produce less. I like companies that make the best weapon they can and charge what its worth, with detailed marketing points. The weapon cost x to build y to research and has to hit z to make profit. When i see marketing research like this the bottom line becomes the most important aspect and all attention focuses on how much can we squeeze out of our customers.

• Like 1

The only tactic that seems to work in the game is to run in circles while taking short breaks to turn around and throw down some lead and nades. You can stand up to the hoard until about round 14 and then SHTF.

I've gotten to 52 on Ascension solo, with the ray gun, thundergun and not using glitches. :thankyou:

That's not even an appropriate sales scheme... what some one will pay for a one off is completely different then what someone would pay for a retail item. Sure 1 nut job would pay 4k for the shotgun, maybe a couple would, but that does not reflect the market.. People will pay out the butt for an exclusive item, even if its a POS. When an item goes retail, nothing will reflect the price other then quality and availability.

We see this all the time with leaked phones on ebay and such.. New iphones that havnt hit the market yet go for around 2k, wait a month and u can buy it for $500. Also i'm not sure what gunbroker rules are, but i would be pissed to spend all that time bidding on an item that isn't really for sale...

IMHO if keltec does there research in such a manner then i wouldn't even want one. Seems like there trying to squeeze every last dime they can, and use an excuse to charge more and produce less. I like companies that make the best weapon they can and charge what its worth, with detailed marketing points. The weapon cost x to build y to research and has to hit z to make profit. When i see marketing research like this the bottom line becomes the most important aspect and all attention focuses on how much can we squeeze out of our customers.

+1,893,457,834,839,794,826,398,768,278,490,730,297,430,274,023,980

yes.. one that does not even really exist yet..

You guys are all hating, I don't get it. We're discussing this because it's by far the coolest shotgun we can own in this state, and will be one of the coolest most others can own as well. Tell me what other shotgun you can maintain the 18.5" barrel length, while also achieve a 14+1 capacity, all in a 26" package.....AND have a shoulder stock? If this gun turns out to be reliable, it's going to be a kick*ss package. Knock it all you want....if it's reliable, it will put 870 and 500 HD guns to shame.

You guys are all hating, I don't get it. We're discussing this because it's by far the coolest shotgun we can own in this state, and will be one of the coolest most others can own as well. Tell me what other shotgun you can maintain the 18.5" barrel length, while also achieve a 14+1 capacity, all in a 26" package.....AND have a shoulder stock? If this gun turns out to be reliable, it's going to be a kick*ss package. Knock it all you want....if it's reliable, it will put 870 and 500 HD guns to shame.

:facepalm:

:facepalm:

I hate to disagree with you.. but it is a pump gun... it is pretty unlikely that it is going to be a train wreck.. I mean you are literally manually cycling the gun so I think it is pretty unlikely to not run right.. so a pump gun.. that holds more ammo... and has equally low failure rate? how can you go wrong..

the only reason I don't like it.. is I think a 12 gauge is less practical for HD than most people think it is.. and further.. I plan to go to PA.. I can have drum fed SBR 12 gauges... so just another reason it doesn't appeal to me..

but if you want 12 for HD.. and it runs good.. seems to be win win..

Vlad, there are many pump guns that DON'T run.

I also have an issue with your statement that shotguns aren't the best tool for HD. Then what is? I guess it's an SBR Saiga 12 with a drum mag, which is a shotgun right? You don't make sense.

I hate to disagree with you.. but it is a pump gun... it is pretty unlikely that it is going to be a train wreck.. I mean you are literally manually cycling the gun so I think it is pretty unlikely to not run right.. so a pump gun.. that holds more ammo... and has equally low failure rate? how can you go wrong..

the only reason I don't like it.. is I think a 12 gauge is less practical for HD than most people think it is.. and further.. I plan to go to PA.. I can have drum fed SBR 12 gauges... so just another reason it doesn't appeal to me..

but if you want 12 for HD.. and it runs good.. seems to be win win..

Trust me, I agree with you. I would LOVE to have an SBR Saiga 12, but I just can't. Therefore, the KSG is really the next best option. If reliable, it's really going to wipe the floor with other traditional 12ga pumps.

If reliable, it's really going to wipe the floor with other traditional 12ga pumps.

based on?

Remington and Mossberg have set the industry standard on the perfect pump shotgun. Easy to use, affordable, and lots of after-market options. The Kel-Tec has alot of work ahead of itself to prove it's worth the 700 dollar price tag and to be considered in the Remy/Mossy category.

Listen, I like the idea and design but it seems to me that it will require some getting used to since the loading chamber is backwards and it can't be loaded from the shoulder. But, BUT, if someone just wants one home defense shotgun this would be a great option.