Caine

Kel-Tec KSG

Give the KSG to some 3 gun guys to use in matches, and by the end of the day, you will know all of its short falls.

I'd have to agree. If it where to break or fail that would be the place to try it out. Either that or a day in a pit going banana's with all kinds of loads.

With the exception of the 3-gun guys in the Heavy Metal division, most 3-gun competitors would probably have an aneurism trying to figure out how a pump shotgun works :rofl:

Lol pete.

Saiga's and Remingtons with X rails for everyone. =)

Personally, in a free state I would rather have a nice remi semi auto with an x rail.... or a saiga 12 with a few 20 round mags.

I went with the 12 round drums on the advice of a member here.. and honestly.. they are the PERFECT size.. the 20 round drums are substantially larger.. and honestly might be a little TOO large.. except for maybe in a mass civil unrest shoot from hip spray and pray situation.. lol

"Too expensive" is relevant to the buyer's situation.

"Unproven" to what degree? It was tested and evaluated.

"Unavailable", I agree.

"Too expensive" when considering the other options in home defense/tactical pump shotguns.

"Unproven" as it has no track record of actual, real hard world use.

"Unavailable" as if 100 are released then guess who gets those 100. The people that will pay 1000 bucks or more.

It's kind of interesting that some here will NOT go with a proven design from a reputable manufacturer and jump on a firearm that in all essence doesn't even exist.

Keltec posted that they made 800 before their Christmas week shutdown. Once they start making more, the prices will drop down to MSRP, and I'll be buying one. It's cool and looks fun. If I don't like it I'll sell it for close to what I paid for it....not such a hard decision!

Hopefully we'll all remember the names of the dealers selling them for $3K on gunbroker now, and decline to do business with them when the prices drop. I still don't buy supplies from some of our local NJ dealers that gouged us on primer and powder pricesback in 2010.

Man... I hve been around guns way too long. First ime I heard this statement "It's kind of interesting that some here will NOT go with a proven design from a reputable manufacturer and jump on a firearm that in all essence doesn't even exist." or ones like it were back in the early to mid 80's.... in reference to Glocks and Beretta 92s.

Cmon guys, this is supposed to be fun. And the KSG looks fun and in the future I hope to have one so I can figure out if it is as good or better then my mossbergs for HD/SD.

• Like 1

"Too expensive" when considering the other options in home defense/tactical pump shotguns.

"Unproven" as it has no track record of actual, real hard world use.

"Unavailable" as if 100 are released then guess who gets those 100. The people that will pay 1000 bucks or more.

It's kind of interesting that some here will NOT go with a proven design from a reputable manufacturer and jump on a firearm that in all essence doesn't even exist.

it's kind of amusing how you ASSUME we don't already have such in the safe already...

• Like 1

Keltec posted that they made 800 before their Christmas week shutdown. Once they start making more, the prices will drop down to MSRP, and I'll be buying one. It's cool and looks fun. If I don't like it I'll sell it for close to what I paid for it....not such a hard decision!

Hopefully we'll all remember the names of the dealers selling them for $3K on gunbroker now, and decline to do business with them when the prices drop. I still don't buy supplies from some of our local NJ dealers that gouged us on primer and powder pricesback in 2010.

Kel-tec moved to a larger facility about a year and a half ago, moved all their machines in, including new ones to start up the RFB line and the KSG lines in earnest..and found they literally didnt have the Power to run them all at once..there was a major issue in the building's transformer system, so they STILL have to do batch runs..which is why there was so much trouble getting certain models of the Sub-2000. AFAIK they're still having those issues, which is why the delay in the KSG has been going on so long.

• Like 1

it's kind of amusing how you ASSUME we don't already have such in the safe already...

I believe Ray is referring to the people that are holding off on buying a defensive shotgun till the KSG comes out... and not the people who will be buying the KSG to add to their shotgun collection...

• Like 2

I believe Ray is referring to the people that are holding off on buying a defensive shotgun till the KSG comes out... and not the people who will be buying the KSG to add to their shotgun collection...

this...

when the KSG is 500/600 I might be interested.. for $2k I can not even care enough to look..

• Like 1

Thank you SIR!

Use a pistol and save yourself the hearing damage & risk of disorienting yourself. Firing of a shotgun presumably at night indoors is going to be like having an M84 Stun Grenade (170-180 Db) go off next to your ear. Unsuppressed shotguns produce approximately 140-170 Db (depending on who you believe). Good luck with staying in the fight after a few blasts.

Edit: That's not to say I won't buy one. ;) Once they come down to about 500 I'm jumping all over that. :D

Use a pistol and save yourself the hearing damage & risk of disorienting yourself. Firing of a shotgun presumably at night indoors is going to be like having an M84 Stun Grenade (170-180 Db) go off next to your ear. Unsuppressed shotguns produce approximately 140-170 Db (depending on who you believe). Good luck with staying in the fight after a few blasts.

Edit: That's not to say I won't buy one. ;) Once they come down to about 500 I'm jumping all over that. :D

Rethink that Chrissy. A pistol blast indoors isn't much better.

I never really thought of the noise factor in using a gun for HD. Something to think about. Of course the bottom line is, a little hearing damage will always beat being murderlated.

• Like 1

As I've said before in a couple other threads, I keep a set of electronic ear pro next to the bed. Whether or not I actually have the time and/or presence of mind to put them on remains to be seen... hopefully I never find out.

What any of that has to do with the KSG is beyond me...

My pump shotgun seems quieter than my handgun. All the noise is forced down the barrel where the pistol has noise almost coming back at me when the casing ejects. I think the person on the other end of my gun will notice a slight difference in noise but that wouldn't matter for him for too long. Maybe it's just me but I find my shotty to be the quietest of the 3 I own. My AR is loud as hell with the yhm brake on it. But I like loud noises!

Man... I hve been around guns way too long. First ime I heard this statement "It's kind of interesting that some here will NOT go with a proven design from a reputable manufacturer and jump on a firearm that in all essence doesn't even exist." or ones like it were back in the early to mid 80's.... in reference to Glocks and Beretta 92s.

Cmon guys, this is supposed to be fun. And the KSG looks fun and in the future I hope to have one so I can figure out if it is as good or better then my mossbergs for HD/SD.

Totally missed my point. The Glocks and 92s where out and being used in the real world. Kel-Tec is no where nears the gun manufacturer that Glock or Beretta is. If they were, this gun would be out already and being used and tested by guys like us. But it's not. And until then all we can do is talk like this about it.

Just got back from the bullet hole and they had 1 ksg in stock, price was $689. I almost bought it, not sure why i didnt... worse case scenario i could just sell the damn thing 2x the price if i didnt like it.

If you really want one i would give them a call asap.

• Like 1

Just got back from the bullet hole and they had 1 ksg in stock, price was $689. I almost bought it, not sure why i didnt... worse case scenario i could just sell the damn thing 2x the price if i didnt like it.

If you really want one i would give them a call asap.

If this is true, let's see who will put their money where their mouth is. There it is, the best pump shotgun in the world gentlemen. Go GET IT!

If this is true, let's see who will put their money where their mouth is. There it is, the best pump shotgun in the world gentlemen. Go GET IT!

It was hanging on the wall, the guy said it just arrived and only 1, i would have checked it out but i had ppl waiting for me in the lanes. I was really suprised at the price. I actually hope someone on here jumps on it, and gives us a nice review.