Babaganoosh

Wearing a Holstered Gun on Property.

Look,if this clown is looking for trouble and wants to be a loud mouth, next time he gives you lip, split it open! And while he is laying on the ground tell him" now take this beating like a man! If you do something stupid like call the cops you better call yourself an ambulance! Becouse if I go to jail you go to he hospital! And when I get out of jail you will be comming out of your coma and then i'm gona spit your head open again! Lol!

I guess we will see how it plays out. Im already anticipating some sort of retaliation. Im gonna file the complaint. If he approaches me and apologizes in the meantime I'll drop it. Otherwise F him. Yup hes prob not gonna learn his lesson. Yup, hes gonna prob still be a loud mouth a-hole. Maybe it will show up on his record and he will never be able to get a firearm (which is a good thing). But like I said. F him.

Aren't neighbors great?? Good luck with everything, hopefully things don't escalate to the point that you'll be sorry that you just didn't let it roll. This guy sounds unpredictable and when the **** hits the fan, you will be SOL. At that point the best you will be able to do is get a restraining order that you may as well wipe your a** with. And the whole gun in the yard business is a very poor idea, as is the used targets in the garbage. There comes a time that we must all eat humble pie, and this to me sounds like yours, it is not worth losing your guns and having a record over this idiot.

Two sayings come to mind:

1. A best defense is a good offense.

2. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.

Only you can decide where you fall within the range.

but it taught me a valuable lesson.. in NJ.. the law.. it just doesn't care.. right and wrong doesn't matter.. the speed and cleanliness in which matters can be dealt with is king.. to the judge that day.. we looked like a couple of young guys who got in a fight.. luckily I was able to defend myself.. but the law didn't care who started it, who was the aggresor.. they didn't care that these individuals thought things out.. planned to attack me..

I would shoot someone in NJ if they forced themselves in my house.. if I had no other option.. and was backed in a corner.. I would shoot if I were %100 sure that there was no other way around it...

don't assume just because someone steps on your property you are in the right to confront and fight them.. with the way NJ is.. who knows..

mind your business... ignore the idiot.. and move on with your life.. and ideally move.. PA is close enough.. and NJ is really not all that great.. people like the guy you live next to just make it worse..

+10 000

I say go through with it , first off it will show him not to Fu*k with you second he will have to waste money and time defending this in court and third it will set a precident incase of further actions on his part ..

I say go through with it , first off it will show him not to Fu*k with you second he will have to waste money and time defending this in court and third it will set a precident incase of further actions on his part ..

in one sense I agree.. but then got to thinking about it..

every time a case is made to prove a point..

every time LEOs respond to something superficial..

every time a lawyer postpones a case..

all of that nonsense costs tax dollars... and while I agree the law is there to work for you.. it seems kind of excessive to really pursue it at this time.. at the end of the day it is up to the OP.. but it's really going to just add fuel to the fire IMO.. oh yeah.. and waste time and money..

Ok on the complaint form it says I have to put down what I want to charge him with. It says list statutes/ordinances.

What should I put for that? Anyone have any ideas?

He threatened me verbally, he pointed and slammed around the 4 foot ice chipper at me(looks like a shovel with a different blade). He made about 5 steps towards me both when he was ripping his jacket off and after. While he was yelling "Ill show you who the fugg I am, Lets do this, Lets do this"

The form says that the court cant advise on what to put down.

Disorderly Conduct:

2c:33-2

a. A person is guilty of a petty disorderly persons offense, if with purpose to cause public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or recklessly creating a risk thereof hr

(1) Engages in fighting or threatening, or in violent tumultuous behavior.

If you want you might be able to press harassment 2C;33-4, but there would have to be a pattern of behavior.

OR, if you want to go that far you might be able to go for Terroristic threats (2C:12-3) however, with what you've posted here that would be a HUGE stretch.

• Like 1

Look,if this clown is looking for trouble and wants to be a loud mouth, next time he gives you lip, split it open! And while he is laying on the ground tell him" now take this beating like a man! If you do something stupid like call the cops you better call yourself an ambulance! Becouse if I go to jail you go to he hospital! And when I get out of jail you will be comming out of your coma and then i'm gona spit your head open again! Lol!

yeah that's smart..so that way Baba ends up with the Felony charge and loses his guns. :facepalm:

I guess we will see how it plays out. Im already anticipating some sort of retaliation. Im gonna file the complaint. If he approaches me and apologizes in the meantime I'll drop it. Otherwise F him. Yup hes prob not gonna learn his lesson. Yup, hes gonna prob still be a loud mouth a-hole. Maybe it will show up on his record and he will never be able to get a firearm (which is a good thing). But like I said. F him.

Yea, you never hear about convicted criminals obtaining firearms in NJ. :facepalm: I'd probably just dump a bucket of cold water on his sidewalk around midnight and be done with him. Which ever way you go, best of luck.

Babaganoosh............

Your problem is not uncommon. There are wackos to be found in every community. Interacting with them will only bring you more grief. I appreciate all of the comments offering advice. However, you are NOT going to CURE this miscreant. File the complaint. Call 911 every time you are confronted,....and file another complaint. Do nothing to antagonize him. Do not speak to him. Ignore him. Contact a lawyer now who will keep a running tab of your complaints and offer advice. If he slashes your tires, file a complaint (with corroborating video). If he steps on your property, file a complaint.

If none of this keeps this person from threatening you, ask for advice from the police. No doubt they have seen this type of situation before.

Don't let your personal feelings of intimidation be the cause for a serious mistake. He's not worth it!

Spectre

I'd probably just dump a bucket of cold water on his sidewalk around midnight

http://www.amazon.com/Getting-Even-Complete-Dirty-Tricks/dp/0818403144

I bought this book 20 years ago so some of the things are a bit dated but there's still some gems in there.

I had a friend who rented a basement apt..the upstairs family had kids who loaded up the sewer line cleanout with rocks and the house fill with Sewage...they had to move out. I figure Sakrete would work even better :)

I knew of a guy who was trying to get even with a jackass down the street....he went over there at night and was going to puncture the tire so it had a slow leak. I guess he was trying to make a small hole. He jabs the tire and when he pulled out, the tire started whistling, LOL. Woke the neighborhood up.

I get involved with restraining orders for workplace and domestic violence from time to time. If someone has the mindset that mindset of, "so I am going back to jail again", the RO isn't worth much in that regard. What the RO's and complaints do however is show a pattern of responsibility and restraint on your part. Heaven forbid you have to used deadly force at some point, you will have a well documented path of doing the correct thing.

When my sister in law was going thru a very ugly divorce with a Soprano-type, she was relucant / lazy to file compliants every time this turd harassed her in a variety of ways. The RO's did nothing. At one point he snuck up to her while she was getting gas and told her he was going to kill her and their two daughters. That is when I stepped in against her wishes and my wife's. I took a couple days off of work and tailed this prick and reversed the game real fast. I knew I was walking the line, but my two nieces who I love dearly were in danger. A couple of vague warning notes were left on his vehicle every time he parked his car. Then one morning as he pulled up to work, I stepped out of the woods in full camo and asked him if he wanted to see the grave I dug for him while I was holding a very large knife. He got the message for a few days and then had a relapse. I then went to his place of work, a Waste Disposal company and pretended to be a client looking for a new company and asked for tour of the facility. When he saw me walking the site (casing the joint) if totally freaked him out and everything was smooth after that. Some of you might have heard of this name, Celentano...yea, the ravioli people.

• Like 1

I knew of a guy who was trying to get even with a jackass down the street....he went over there at night and was going to puncture the tire so it had a slow leak. I guess he was trying to make a small hole. He jabs the tire and when he pulled out, the tire started whistling, LOL. Woke the neighborhood up.

Valve core tool is a much better alternative. Especially if you only unscrew it enough to leak slowly. :icon_twisted:

http://www.buy.com/prod/neiko-tire-valve-core-tool/q/sellerid/23032500/loc/66357/214973616.html

Valve core tool is a much better alternative. Especially if you only unscrew it enough to leak slowly. :icon_twisted:

http://www.buy.com/p.../214973616.html

Plus if you get caught, there really isn't any damage. Crazy glue in the door locks of his home could be fun to watch as well.

Babaganoosh............

Your problem is not uncommon. There are wackos to be found in every community. Interacting with them will only bring you more grief. I appreciate all of the comments offering advice. However, you are NOT going to CURE this miscreant. File the complaint. Call 911 every time you are confronted,....and file another complaint. Do nothing to antagonize him. Do not speak to him. Ignore him. Contact a lawyer now who will keep a running tab of your complaints and offer advice. If he slashes your tires, file a complaint (with corroborating video). If he steps on your property, file a complaint.

If none of this keeps this person from threatening you, ask for advice from the police. No doubt they have seen this type of situation before.

Don't let your personal feelings of intimidation be the cause for a serious mistake. He's not worth it!

Spectre

Excellent approach above. I wouldn't display my used targets in the trash, or do anything to give the idiot any indication that I own a firearm. He will use it against you. You could be woken up at 2:00 AM by LEO's with a complaint from the idiot saying you pointed a weapon at him and threatened to kill him. You are dealing with what sounds like an irrational arshole. You're doing the right thing so far. Keep at it and keep quiet. Let him make all of the mistakes, and document them accordingly. I live in a densely populated neighborhood similar to Belmar. Actually 3 towns away. None of my neighbors (I hope) know that I have firearms for the simple reason that I don't know who is mentally unbalanced enough to start trouble.

Plus if you get caught, there really isn't any damage.

I have even previously suggested leaving a quarter (now, a dollar in quarters) in an envelope, on the windshield. Well officer, he had air, I needed air, and I compensated him for it at fair market value...