Ray Ray

Bullet Hole vs Bayonne Pistol Range

how will you guys be organizing the matches?

Good question, as I have no idea.

scoring? 20 yards?

I think we should level the playing field and use ONLY home defense guns.

Gotcha. I do believe that a well built, non race modified 1911 falls into that category.

Home defense = gun you'd go to that's right next to your bed. Would you go for your USPSA gun with the reloads, or would you go to an unmodified gun with factory JHP loads?

Home defense = gun you'd go to that's right next to your bed. Would you go for your USPSA gun with the reloads, or would you go to an unmodified gun with factory JHP loads?

In all seriousness, I would go to my 2011 STI 40S&W with my reloads. I can count on ONE hand how many issues I have had with it. This after shooting over 20,000 rounds of reloaded ammo.

But, I am game with either of my 1911's basically box stock.

Good question, as I have no idea.

scoring? 20 yards?

I think we should level the playing field and use ONLY home defense guns.

Make it simple. Team uses 1 or 2 targets, distances can vary.

Score it like bullseye , X, 10, 9,8,etc

Or use a USPSA or IDPA target

That's what I was thinking, 10 points or 9 or 8.

Home defense gun, can't be anymore specific than that. 1911? Sure, as long as its stock. And by stock I mean built for battle, not punching holes threw paper.

I got a box of IPSC cardboard targets at home that we could use for the match. Let me know and I will bring them.

Home defense gun, can't be anymore specific than that.

You have to specify LEGAL home defense gun. :icon_e_biggrin:

some people do what it takes (including breaking the law) to protect themselves. It sounds twisted and wrong, but it can (i'm pretty sure it does) happen.

hypothetical scenario...

let's say one wants everything at their disposal in the privacy of their own domain/castle/home in a SHTF situation. so one can buy an extended mag, armor piercing ammo, threaded barrel, sound suppressor, and a full auto conversion kit for their glock. They can't use that for competition! :icon_twisted::icon_mrgreen:

That's what I was thinking, 10 points or 9 or 8.

Home defense gun, can't be anymore specific than that. 1911? Sure, as long as its stock. And by stock I mean built for battle, not punching holes threw paper.

Mine have the word "Tactical" engraved on the slide. Can't get more battle ready than that ;)

Come to think of it, the grips on my 1911 say "Molon Labe" which means...

The Greek phrase Molōn labe! (Μολὼν λαβέ; approximate Ancient Greek pronunciation [molɔ̀ːn labé], Modern Greek [moˈlon laˈve]), meaning "Come and take them" is a classical expression of defiance reportedly by King Leonidas I in response to the Persian army's demand that the Spartans surrender their weapons at the Battle of Thermopylae. It corresponds roughly to the modern equivalent English phrase "over my dead body", "bring it on" or, most closely, "come and get it". It is an exemplary use of a laconic phrase.

So I got a battle ready pistola ready to go as well. :D

Mine have the word "Tactical" engraved on the slide. Can't get more battle ready than that ;)

I think paper targets might work the best, and I'm not sure we can run carboard in Bayonne.

As far as the first match goes:

PM me your team name (if you want), team members and team leader. I only ask for a team leader in that I'm not getting messages from every team member.

I'm not sure if my team even knows there on my team! So PM me Rob, Nick and Ben.

Obviously there seems to be more than a few guys that have no team or direction so either take the initiative and start one or make a desperate plea to others that need a member(s).

We can do mulitiple teams as there should be lots of guys there, and we can do guys that represent the same range against each other.

Now, here's a question. # of rounds? distance?

As far as the # of rounds, I think 50 to start would be fine. And we can do 5 round stages, for 10 stages. Or 10 round stages for 5 stages.

I will be using a 1911. After all, the 1911 was used in many conflicts from 1911 to the present day. It has served our soldiers well.

Now Do I choose from my Crusader? The name itself was used by warriors during several centuries of war in the name of God.

Or do I use my Trojan? The Trojan was a fierce solider and battler. Many of men go out to battle today with Trojans!

Either way it is a win for me and my teammates.:icon_e_biggrin: Defeat for those who oppose us.:icon_evil:

They are box stock guns no comps. Sadly they both shoot tight little groups when used by a capable shooter. Bomar adjustable sights,because they work. It seems like you want gear the challenge to specific guns that you own and classify as home defense. So what you use and how you set up for HD is subjective. My HD gun is what works best. So if I had a Les Baer with a light rail that was guaranteed to shoot 1/2 groups as my HD gun, would it meet your criteria? If you object to me or anyone else using a 1911, that's fine we all have Glocks or XD's and M&P's that all sadly shoot little groups. Of course when used properly in our hands.

I don't think anyone said you can't use a 1911. I believe he's trying to keep race guns out of this friendly little competition. If the 1911s you're referring to aren't race guns, then that's all there is to it.