YankeeFan

Just got my renewed FL CCW

Took exactly 30 days.

Applied for my NJ FPID and permits the same day I sent in my renewal paperwork for the FL CCW.

So I called the detective at Bayonne PD to check on the status...he told me it would be at least another 6 to 8 weeks..."waiting on paperwork"

WTF! :facepalm:

LOL so tell him you applied for a FL CCW and got it in 30 days.

I was tempted to, but he seemd kinda pissed off, so I didn't push it. Wouldn't want my paperwork to find it's way to the bottom of a round file cabinet somewhere....

Took exactly 30 days.

Applied for my NJ FPID and permits the same day I sent in my renewal paperwork for the FL CCW.

So I called the detective at Bayonne PD to check on the status...he told me it would be at least another 6 to 8 weeks..."waiting on paperwork"

You should have told him that "waiting on paperwork" is actually not a valid excuse for delaying the issue of a FPID, which is required to be issued or denied within 30 (or 45 for out of state) days.

Per NJ statues 2C:58-3. Purchase of Firearms.

c. Who may obtain. No person of good character and good repute in the community in which he lives, and who is not subject to any of the disabilities set forth in this section or other sections of this chapter, shall be denied a permit to purchase a handgun or a firearms purchaser identification card, except as hereinafter set forth.

And

f. Granting of permit or identification card; fee; term; renewal; revocation. The application for the permit to purchase a handgun together with a fee of $2.00, or the application for the firearms purchaser identification card together with a fee of $5.00, shall be delivered or forwarded to the licensing authority who shall investigate the same and, unless good cause for the denial thereof appears, shall grant the permit or the identification card, or both, if application has been made therefor, within 30 days from the date of receipt of the application for residents of this State and within 45 days for nonresident applicants.

http://www.nj-statute-info.com/getStatute.php?statute_id=2093

Print this out and bring it to them. The word 'shall' is mandatory. It is mandatory for them to issue it to you within 30 days (or 45 for out of state).

You should have told him that "waiting on paperwork" is actually not a valid excuse for delaying the issue of a FPID, which is required to be issued or denied within 30 (or 45 for out of state) days.

Per NJ statues 2C:58-3. Purchase of Firearms.

And

http://www.nj-statute-info.com/getStatute.php?statute_id=2093

Print this out and bring it to them. The word 'shall' is mandatory. It is mandatory for them to issue it to you within 30 days (or 45 for out of state).

Kinda off topic, but, what do you guys think about me bringing this up on a phone call to my PD? 2C:58-3. I submitted PP paperwork back in early November, and I have received various excuses as to why I do not have them by now; waiting for paperwork, the state is slow on returning paperwork, I was on vacation for a week so that delayed things, etc... I know it's not that long of a wait compared to others, but I received my FID and 2 permits in 35 days, so I know they are not anti-gun owner

So, is it worth the call, or just wait it out some more.

I think you should call. If people keep letting them get away with things and not follow the statues they are obligated to follow, then it will just keep happening, and if nobody is saying anything, will only get worse. Then eventually, they will take out the "within 30 days" thing and it will take forever to get. And by forever I mean never. So call, be polite, tell them the statue, and read the verbage that was in bold.

My NH CCW permit took less than the 2 weeks that it is required to be issued in. Less than half the time of a simple purchase card in NJ, and they actually honor the rules they are suppose to. Too bad it took me over 2 months to pick it up.

Took exactly 30 days.

Amazing eh? I applied for purchase permits from my town around same time as I applied for both Florida and Utah CCW permits..Guess what? got Fla CCW permit in about 30 days and just got the Utah CCW permit today about 7 weeks--over holidays..thanksgiving, christmas, and New years!! still no purchase permits..must be way of NJ to discourage us..maybe we'll forget about it..wonder what desk they're sitting on. :unsure:

I got an AZ carry permit...door to door...about 2400 miles...2 weeks. :icon_e_biggrin:

f. Granting of permit or identification card; fee; term; renewal; revocation. The application for the permit to purchase a handgun together with a fee of $2.00, or the application for the firearms purchaser identification card together with a fee of $5.00, shall be delivered or forwarded to the licensing authority who shall investigate the same and, unless good cause for the denial thereof appears, shall grant the permit or the identification card, or both, if application has been made therefor, within 30 days from the date of receipt of the application for residents of this State and within 45 days for nonresident applicants.

Does NJ statute define "day"? In PA it paraphrased says "period of time from midnight to the following midnight". So is NJ "30 days" calendar or business days?

Does NJ statute define "day"? In PA it paraphrased says "period of time from midnight to the following midnight". So is NJ "30 days" calendar or business days?

I think they mean day in the "biblical" sense...as in

"With the Lord (or the PRNJ) a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day."

• Like 1

I got to thinking about the whole OGAM law suit and NJ regulating the sale of air guns as firearms.

Imagine this, you go to the police station, apply for a permit to purchase a handgun and tell them that you are going to PA next month and intend to purchase a bb pistol at Cabellas while you are out there. Tell them if they would like to have a record of the transfer you'll be back to pick up the permit before you leave... LOL That should stir up a real hornets nest!

I am making one more pistol purchase before I leave NJ Glock 27 at a deal I can just not pass up... I am considering printing out the "30 day statute" highlighting the 30 day part and affixing it to my permit application when I hand it in..

where you going? i would leave NJ in a heartbeat if i had a job somewhere else.

ps: my Gen4 G27 should be in today!! :icon_mrgreen:

I'm waiting too. I put in for permits around thanksgiving. Now, I used my last permit on the 12/30, so I am in no rush. I just plan on them taking a while when I put in for them.

I just plan on having permits waiting in the wind, for the just in case.

I see, but also if you are not a FL resident? I thought I read somewhere that it only applied to someone who had residence in FL.

The link will take you to reciprocity map. It may not be 100% accurate in all cases but it's pretty close. Click on Fl, click non-resident and then you can see what states you can carry with that license.

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

Are the delays usually at the local PD level or is it because they have to wait on the State Police / Sagem Morpho for the results of the print/background check?

Delays are usually at the Local PD level.

Some members got their PP`s in a matter of days (less than a week) , i forgot what town that was in.

I waited for an initial FID 35 days and a year later 35 days for 2 PP`s and a few people up to 50 days but never beyound that.

You can put an Arizona permit application in the mail today and get your permit back in the mail in under 2 weeks. And, it's cheaper. They accept DD-214 or any NRA training to fulfill training requirement. Gets you almost all the same states as Florida.

Only bad point is Florida does not recognize non-resident permits. So it will not allow you to carry in Florida.