Brisco

AARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone have an extra pivot pin detent?????

I was being so careful, front pivot pin install. Even had the mothe%$#@&^%g pivot pin detent tool.

Assembling your own lower really is pretty easy except for this. That tiny little $#@!$$ piece of brass could be anywhere.

Anyone know of a local source for AR parts?

I think it's time for a refreshment :facepalm::facepalm:

I might. I'll check after my son goes to bed and pm you if I do.

Nope, Sorry. If you don't want to buy the entire lower kit, and don't mind waiting for shipping, Numrich sells many individual parts for many guns. They would probably have the part.

Edited by MedicYeti

oh, it almost seems like a right of passage to lose that pin. I did that with my first build. Now I always point it downward over a blanket so it cant fly far. We live and learn =P. If you can wait though U can just order that pin by itself, though its a super cheap part, you'll probably pay more in shipping.

If you don't mind waiting for the mail, IM me your address and I will mail you one today.

Thank You for the offer, I ended up ordering a pin & detent kit from Midway. Kit was $10, but I couldn't deal with the special handling charge for orders under $40, so I ordered a box of bullets. Than I went with 2 day shipping & ended up spending more than buying the $99 LPK locally :icon_rolleyes: . Got the kit and completed the lower on the 11th. Live and learn, it's all good.

Well I will tell you a trick that may save you from the same problem in the future. When you go to install the detent, do it in a clear trash bag, or large ziplock, that way if the detent gets away it is caught by the bag before flying off to never never land.