Blcklightning

Good ol' UPS

UPS driver apparently didn't want to drive down my driveway Friday night to drop of my Cabelas order. He must have stopped on the road, then walked down my driveway about 40 feet and left the 2 boxes in a garbage bag off the driveway, in the yard. My driveway is a little steep for those 40 feet leading up to the road and then is a gradual slope downhill for about 160 more feet to the house. Guess he was afraid to get stuck. Luckily I got home late from work (around 7:30ish) and saw the boxes. Wife says they weren't there when she got home around 5:30ish.

Now, I was kinda pissed about this. I understand that he was probably afraid to get stuck (3in. of snow), but what if we weren't home or I had gotten home earlier? The boxes would have been sitting out in the yard by the road where people could see them. Granted they would have been fine overnight, cause nobody would see them in the dark, but come daylight anybody could have quickly stopped and grabbed them and I never would have known!

I can understand the dropping of packages off and leaving them at my garage door, on top of garbage cans, in the bushes... on a table I sometimes keep by the garage, on the driveway by the house, in the yard by the house, on my truck, on my tractor, by the back door, by the front door, by the front door when people are home and I'm literally standing right there, but really? out by the road? I know they do it and see packages resting on peoples mailboxes and at the end of their driveways, but I wish they didn't. I live on a busy road and my house is set back. I'm curious as to how often packages that get delivered get stolen.

Rant over. Yay Cabelas stuff! Had $290 worth of Gift cards and spent $308.73 then $20 off = $288.73 :icon_e_biggrin:

About 4 years ago Ruger shipped a revolver back to me via UPS. This was before they had to go next day shipping. I got home from work around 5 pm and the box was sitting on my porch. Someone could have had a nice GP100 if they wanted it. No signature wa required.

I have a buddy that has gotten things stolen from him twice at two different addresses. He works long/weird hours so he cant be around to sign for things but the delivery companies both times didnt make any effort to hide the packages. They were both left out in plan site. No he has to have them left at the depot and go pick up packages whenever he has the nice stickers on his door.

-Scott

My yard isn't huge by any stretch of the imagination, one time i had ordered a VHS set of 2 monty python movies... when he pulled up, he walked halfway across my yard then softball pitched it at my door (which is how i knew he was there...) the tapes were fine but still. Are my cats really that menacing?

My UPS driver is a competitive shooter ( CJ steel and GSSF matches) and looks out for my packages.

The first time I met him was after a couple of Midway orders he sees me at the mail box slides open his door and says "You the gun nut?" I gave him an odd look until he said my Midway packages gave it away. Then we talked for 45 min while he was on shift. Nice guy he will drive by my house 3-4 times in one day to make sure I get my stuff.

They leave packages at my gate if its closed(dogs are outside), which is needless to say basically leaving them on the street. I dont mind it because we've never had anything stolen & the only people who drive up my street live behind me, however, what pisses me off is that they claim the package was left at the front door. They could at the very least not put the packages on top of the gate, just drop it 3 feet behind it. People would still be able to see it, but its not in arms reach. I could rant for hours on UPS's poor handling of packages, the only thing i can say is make sure the package is fully insured.