takeji

Whats next..inspection? Insurance??

You know, the more I think about it, there are too many people out there that get exercise from riding bikes and don't do enough sitting around or driving cars extremely short distances anyways. Who needs to be in good shape, or rather, who wants to be in good shape? Making it harder to ride a bicycle is a good thing. Those people are DANGEROUS!

• Like 2

There must be justifiable need for a bicycle before a License to Bicycle Publicly (LTBP) shall be granted. Personal fitness does not qualify as a justifiable need. Bicycles must have tires at least 15" in size, otherwise a tax stamp of $200 must be purchased (not valid in New Jersey). BMX bicycles, or bicycles substantially similar to BMX bicycles, are expressly banned. Bicycles shall be limited to a maximum of 10 gears, otherwise it is considered a High Geared Bicycle (HGB).

• Like 1

Well at least we'll be getting income from fineing all of the illegals since I'm guesing they can't legally register anything here.

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

LOCO INS CO. Where The peddlers go for insurance..Up to 10 drivers per bike..free ins for single basket rates as low as 2.00us per month for double baskets..we allow double riders..

Well at least we'll be getting income from fineing all of the illegals since I'm guesing they can't legally register anything here.

LOCO INS CO. Where The peddlers go for insurance..Up to 10 drivers per bike..free ins for single basket rates as low as 2.00us per month for double baskets..we allow double riders..

yeah that's true, what's the penalty for riding a bike without a registration. Finally police can pull over illegals on bike's and make up some of the lost tax revenue... The thing that sucks is that this will effect the American citizens too.

It was a $100 fine... f'ing ridiculous - that's more than what some people PAY for the darn bikes themselves.

And then they "suspend" your bike registration "privileges". You going to suspend my walking privileges next?

License plates. And knowing NJ, we'll need them front and back on the bikes.

lol...

I dunno about you guys, but people actually drive to my town so they can ride there bikes...how stupid is that? isnt the purpose of a bike to eliminate the whole car aspect of the equation... It's really annoying, they ride like they own the streets around here, and they don't live in town or even remotely close, so stuff like this doesnt bother me...if they want to ride with the cars they should be subject to the same laws and penalties...

As absurd as this seems I think it may not be a bad idea. People on bicycles by me ride like they own the road, don't move over into the shoulder when you come up behind them, ride side by side and don't give way to vehicle traffic, and they do all this on blind corners. Many people around here ride their bikes like dicks because they are in the country, and I have already made peace with the fact that if it means me getting hit head on, or running over some idiot on his bike, the idiot on the bike is going to lose. Perhaps this new legislation will make these pedestrians on wheels a little more accountable for their actions on public roads, or allow the police to ticket people riding in a reckless manner.

As absurd as this seems I think it may not be a bad idea. People on bicycles by me ride like they own the road, don't move over into the shoulder when you come up behind them, ride side by side and don't give way to vehicle traffic, and they do all this on blind corners. Many people around here ride their bikes like dicks because they are in the country, and I have already made peace with the fact that if it means me getting hit head on, or running over some idiot on his bike, the idiot on the bike is going to lose. Perhaps this new legislation will make these pedestrians on wheels a little more accountable for their actions on public roads, or allow the police to ticket people riding in a reckless manner.

The police can already ticket people on bicycles for not following the laws. They are supposed to follow a majority of the laws motor vehicles have to follow. For me personally this registration law is retarded. I ride street BMX so my bike changes parts, including the frame which has the serial number, and weight all the time. The best thing to do would to enforce the laws that are already in place instead of coming up with this bs to make money.

and I have already made peace with the fact that if it means me getting hit head on, or running over some idiot on his bike, the idiot on the bike is going to lose.

Just know that if you do....you will likely be responsible for them being hit, unless another car hit you into the person on the bike.

I just noticed, in your profile picture.....the magazines are placed wrong. They are all the way at the end of the grip, instead of just beyond the trigger guard.