n4p226r

magazines. how many do you like to have for each pistol

i currently only have 2 x 15rds for my p226. I think 5 sounds like a good number. obviously 10-20 sounds even better but i think 5 sounds like a good number on the low side. what do you guys like to have?

It's nice having a lot of mags just because it's a pain in the asss to load at the range.

It's nice having a lot of mags just because it's a pain in the asss to load at the range.

I only have 3 mags for my Beretta but I dont mind loading them at the range. If I had 10 and they were all loaded up I would go thru all my ammo and be done in half the time. Not fun since I like extending my time at the range, not shortening it.

• Like 1

My minimum is usually 4. Guns that I use in training classes tend to be considerably higher. It's nice being able to spend more time up on the line shooting than behind the line loading mags... so the more the merrier.

Guest schutzen-jager

minimum of two - more for favorites that are used alot - never pass up a good deal on mags. -

ok. so where is the best place for 15 rd factory sig magazines for the 9mm p226?

Sig, like many other manufactureres use Mec Gar as OEM. I have been using Mec Gars in my guns for years. They can normally be bought at a cheaper price than Factory OEM mags. I stay away from Pro Mags.

Sig, like many other manufactureres use Mec Gar as OEM. I have been using Mec Gars in my guns for years. They can normally be bought at a cheaper price than Factory OEM mags. I stay away from Pro Mags.

+1

The Sig 226 mags are mecgars. I think I got mine for ~$25 during a midway sale.

As for how many, 6 each is a good number for me.

As many as I can get when I can afford to get it. Right now I have 5 10rnd mags and 5 15rnd mags for my CZ75b. Between my 1911s I have 7 magazines but am getting more. For my Sig 556 I have 10 15 round magazines and 2 10rnd mags. Eventually I would like to end up with 10 magazines for each of my guns, But that's just me.

Being a new Sig owner, I haven't seen any deals on them. $40 to $45 seems to be the range. If they are too cheap, then buyer beware.

The 3 that came with my 226 E2 are much different than the ones Topgunsupply sells. Both are Sig factory mags, but the "older style" mags have totally different parts compared to the new ones. The old style mags also feel a bit tighter in the gun, which I don't care for much. Haven't had any issues with feeding though.

Basically, the newer style 226 mags are going to be $45 and the older style mags will be $33 ish.

The 3 that came with my 226 E2 are much different than the ones Topgunsupply sells. Both are Sig factory mags, but the "older style" mags have totally different parts compared to the new ones. The old style mags also feel a bit tighter in the gun, which I don't care for much. Haven't had any issues with feeding though.

Basically, the newer style 226 mags are going to be $45 and the older style mags will be $33 ish.

The newer mags your talking about are from a new contract for the 226 mags. Look at them and you'll notice they are made in the usa. While on a lot of things I think it's a plus, but not my mags. I like the older triple S mags and the Mec Gar's. I stick with them.

a note to those of you loading mags at home and taking them to the range loaded....in our wonderful state a loaded mag, even if in a seperate container from your gun...is considered a loaded gun and therefore illegal... you can be charged for transporting a loaded weapon

a note to those of you loading mags at home and taking them to the range loaded....in our wonderful state a loaded mag, even if in a seperate container from your gun...is considered a loaded gun and therefore illegal... you can be charged for transporting a loaded weapon

I'm curious as to where you got this misinformation? Although it is probably a good idea to transport unloaded mags. NJ statute doesn't state that a magazine is considered part of the gun.

• Like 2

I'm curious as to where you got this misinformation? Although it is probably a good idea to transport unloaded mags. NJ statute doesn't state that a magazine is considered part of the gun.

I think this was pointed out in the laws once before.