Wilder99

Introduction Plus A Question

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot. I know that there is an Introduction forum for first time posters but I figure it doesn't hurt to have a first post with some substance. My grandmother passed late last year and after going through her house for estate purposes, we came across two hand guns with ammo: one with what I believe to be a transfer of ownership form and the other without any paperwork. The transfer of ownership form gave ownership to my grandmother's brother who passed in the early 90's. My question is what do I have to do in order to have the guns transferred to me since I am the only person in my family with either a FID or a permit to purchase, both of which I received in December? These guns are from my best internet research over 40+ years old, if that means anything.

My condolences for the loss of your grandmother, but welcome to the forum.

The guns are now the legal possession of your grandmother's next of kin, regardless of FID/PP. In order for you to take possession, the person who currently owns them would need to transfer them to you with pistol permits.

I know I'm reviving this topic from a ways back but I was looking at the permit to purchase and under block (A) to be filled in by the seller it asks for an ID card number or a seller's SBI #. My questions are: 1.) Is the ID number the seller's FID number? and 2.) What is the SBI #? The seller in this case does not have an FID card and from my understanding doesn't need one since he was bequeathed the gun and when I looked up SBI #, the only thing I could find was a form for background checks called SBI 212A.

I know I'm reviving this topic from a ways back but I was looking at the permit to purchase and under block (A) to be filled in by the seller it asks for an ID card number or a seller's SBI #. My questions are: 1.) Is the ID number the seller's FID number? and 2.) What is the SBI #? The seller in this case does not have an FID card and from my understanding doesn't need one since he was bequeathed the gun and when I looked up SBI #, the only thing I could find was a form for background checks called SBI 212A.

The FPID number is the SBI number. The seller is not required to have a SBI.

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot. I know that there is an Introduction forum for first time posters but I figure it doesn't hurt to have a first post with some substance. My grandmother passed late last year and after going through her house for estate purposes, we came across two hand guns with ammo: one with what I believe to be a transfer of ownership form and the other without any paperwork. The transfer of ownership form gave ownership to my grandmother's brother who passed in the early 90's. My question is what do I have to do in order to have the guns transferred to me since I am the only person in my family with either a FID or a permit to purchase, both of which I received in December? These guns are from my best internet research over 40+ years old, if that means anything.

Your Grandmother's Brother's heirs are the owner's of this firearm.

Your Grandmother's heirs are the owner's of this firearm.

No P2P or FPID is needed by the heir, as long as they are not a prohibited person. In order for you to legally acquire them, you must do what you do for any other transfer.