usnmars

A quick review of Surplus City in Langhorne, PA

I went to Surplus City yesterday with a couple of other forum members. My first reaction when we drove up was ooooh fugg! The place is small, really small. I thought we just wasted an hr and a half ride for nothing. When you first open the door the smell of cosmo is overwhelming. I thought I had died and went to heaven. The prices were extremely fair, actaully pretty low. They had a couple of the unissued Yugo SKS's on the shelf for $299 which looked extremely nice. A bunch of Mosins and some of the VZ24 Czech Mausers. I picked out a 1925 ex-dragoon Mosin and a 1937 VZ24. I have been debating on ordering one of the VZ's, but it was nice to pick one myself. The bore is a mirror, the bluing is nice, and the stock is almost perfect. They had a ton of AK's in stock but they wouldn't sell to a NJ captive. They even had some 14's and Garands on the shelf. Overall if you are somewhat close I would say it is worth a ride to Surplus City, in Langhorne.

Funny, all week I was planning to go there on Saturday, however I picked up an Arisaka Type 99 later in the week at a local store. Had I known there was a bunch of people going, I still would have taken the ride. Great store! I picked up my Mosin there last year, and usually go once every few months.

I've been there and had he same underwhelmed feeling. For a place that calls itself a "city", it shoulda been a distributor sized warehouse. I was expecting something that put Sarco to shame, instead i got JoJo's downtown deli. :/ When i was there, they had some PSL's for a decent price with optics but i wasn't really in the market for one so i passed. About the only thing i left with was the stench of cigarette smoke permeated into my clothes. Beware anyone who visits there, the guys running the place have 2-3 cigs burning at any given time in the joint.

I've been there and had he same underwhelmed feeling. For a place that calls itself a "city", it shoulda been a distributor sized warehouse. I was expecting something that put Sarco to shame, instead i got JoJo's downtown deli. :/ When i was there, they had some PSL's for a decent price with optics but i wasn't really in the market for one so i passed. About the only thing i left with was the stench of cigarette smoke permeated into my clothes. Beware anyone who visits there, the guys running the place have 2-3 cigs burning at any given time in the joint.

I was going to say the same thing. If you hate cigarette smoke, bring fabreeze.

They do have some decent older Sig's there. Right now thay have a pretty well loved 228 that I may have to buy and just play with. The 228 is my most loved Sig. Oh..and this is a German sig.

As if I needed anymore help parting with my money. I have to go just for the smell of cosmo now. I will have to bring the wife and the van, there is no way I could wait till we got home.

if you realy want to save money leave the van home and go in a compact.. :icon_mrgreen:

I stopped in there several weeks ago. I also expected a much larger shop. The ENTIRE store was 30'x15', and that includes the area behind the counter. Ammo selection was very limited. They had SOME long guns, mainly just duplicates of the same rifle. What I did notice was some pretty good deals on the used pistols they had. If I remember correctly, they had both a Beretta 92 and 96 for the low $300's.