Sign in to follow this  
BRN169

Another holdout falls

Looks like Illinois will be the last state left that completely denies the rights of its citizens to carry weapons for self defense...

Wisconsin expected to expand gun owner rights

I love this part:

That's troubling to Jeri Bonavia, executive director of Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort, which opposes any legislation to allow concealed carry on the grounds it will lead to increased danger for individuals and the public.

"We really don't believe that more people carrying guns in public is beneficial in any way," she said. "In fact, we think it's harmful."

A college dropout opened fire on a crowd gathered for an event by Rep. Gabrielle Giffords in Tucson, Arizona on January 8, killing six people and wounding 13 including Giffords.

The shooting has raised questions about permissive U.S. guns laws. Arizona has a concealed weapon law allowing anyone with a gun to carry it openly without a special permit.

Really? The reason this assclown shot up a political event was because "Arizona has a concealed weapon law allowing anyone with a gun to carry it openly without a special permit."

Can people truly be this ignorant?

I'm beginning to think NJ is going to be the last state where people will be completely unable to actually obtain a carry permit...

Right to Carry in Illinois Looks More Promising Than Ever

This week members of the brand new 97th General Assembly will convene in the State Capitol in Springfield.

New legislators will be bringing with them added support for a Right to Carry law and plan to join the ranks of veteran legislators who have long supported Illinois joining the rest of the nation in becoming a “Carry State”.

Also in our favor – the U.S. Supreme Court rulings in Heller vs DC and McDonald vs Chicago, support from the Illinois Sheriff’s Association, 48 states which have Right to Carry concealed laws, Wisconsin which has the Right to Carry openly and soon to have a concealed carry law – leaving Illinois as the last and only state to completely deny the right to carry.

All these factors added to the increase in support by new legislators is very encouraging. IllinoisCarry expects to see major movement in a Right to Carry law this session.

It is our time!!!!!

Right to Carry bills HB148 and SB82 have already been introduced!

Now more than ever we need Illinois gun owners and Second Amendment supporters to get involved in the legislative process.

•Watch every move the bills make at IllinoisCarry.com

•Monitor the hearings and debates live as they happen

•Know exactly when your support is needed to:

1.Call/email/visit your legislators,

2.Make phone calls to committee members

3.Attend committee hearings

4.Recruit the help and support of all your friends.

Get Ready to Make Your Voice Heard!!

I never thought Illinois would fall before NJ...

dood, ze leetle red squeegles under ze verd meen dat eet ees speld rong. eef ewe rite cleek on ze verd, a leest of choizes popes up and ewe kan zelect ze propah speling.

Dan, I honestly didn't know that. Thanks bro, but you don't have to point out my spelling errors since I know I cannot spell.

California, Hawaii and New York will hold out long after New Jersey allows us to carry. But being as that we will never be allowed to, this is all errelivant.

CA allows open carry...unloaded...but still open. :rolleyes:

More than half of CA allows you to carry (non dem controlled counties) and much of the state of NY allows you to carry as well (except the immdediate NYC area). I guarentee NJ will be the last state to allow carry since we are bent over by our dem judges / mostly dem politicans.

More than half of CA allows you to carry (non dem controlled counties) and much of the state of NY allows you to carry as well (except the immdediate NYC area). I guarentee NJ will be the last state to allow carry since we are bent over by our dem judges / mostly dem politicans.

Hawaii will be the last state, it's location and mindset is not going to change. What about Massachusettes?

Hawaii will be the last state, it's location and mindset is not going to change. What about Massachusettes?

I can get a carry permit in Mass. I have a friend that has one, and he's nothing special and had no special reason. I would get one except for the expense, I'd rather just drive through.

Hawaii may indeed be the last state to change. Because NJ will never change in that respect. Get your a** over to PA, or just leave the area entirely. You'll thank me later. Think you are pissed now? Wait until you are free. You'll be 5x as pissed at NJ within a year of leaving. I didn't think it was possible, but freedom has strange effects. Which is why it is illegal.

I can get a carry permit in Mass. I have a friend that has one, and he's nothing special and had no special reason. I would get one except for the expense, I'd rather just drive through.

Hawaii may indeed be the last state to change. Because NJ will never change in that respect. Get your a** over to PA, or just leave the area entirely. You'll thank me later. Think you are pissed now? Wait until you are free. You'll be 5x as pissed at NJ within a year of leaving. I didn't think it was possible, but freedom has strange effects. Which is why it is illegal.

Ugh. I hate PA. You couldn't pay me to move there. The whole state is one big hill after another with rocks running down the side. Yuck. Driving across 80 in PA is the worst section of the trip all the way to Reno Nevada. I'd drive 3x as much in Nebraska if I could avoid PA. I honestly can't understand how anyone can live there. There's no character anywhere. It's like one big depressed mining or steel town after another. I think only West Virginia would be worse.

• Like 2

Ugh. I hate PA. You couldn't pay me to move there. The whole state is one big hill after another with rocks running down the side. Yuck. Driving across 80 in PA is the worst section of the trip all the way to Reno Nevada. I'd drive 3x as much in Nebraska if I could avoid PA. I honestly can't understand how anyone can live there. There's no character anywhere. It's like one big depressed mining or steel town after another. I think only West Virginia would be worse.

I'm kinda with you. Except that I think WV is better than PA. I like NJ a lot as far as topograhy and geology goes. I like NJ better in that respect. I think. Except for the (comparative) lack of hills and "mountains." It's very easy to forget, though.

America has a lot to offer, you don't have to move to PA. Anything you prefer is out there. Maybe Illinois is more your speed ;)

I'm kinda with you. Except that I think WV is better than PA. I like NJ a lot as far as topograhy and geology goes. I like NJ better in that respect. I think. Except for the (comparative) lack of hills and "mountains." It's very easy to forget, though.

America has a lot to offer, you don't have to move to PA. Anything you prefer is out there. Maybe Illinois is more your speed ;)

It's not the gun laws. It's just hill after hill after hill after hill, little remote town, hill, hill, hill, remote town, hill, hill, hill. The hills all have that ruddy red iron ore rust look and there is a pile of loose rocks at the bottom. The whole state is this way. You cross the border to Ohio, it stops...if you're crossing into NY from Scranton...you don't even need a sign...just wait for the ugly to go away and you're in NY.

They've clearly got better gun laws, visually it'd drive me nuts.

the man speaks from experience...I 100% agree with that. Most people who live in sussex county have a poor opinion of pa because the area of pa near us is pretty crappy...and the people don't make it any better

It is best described as a LARGE trailer park with hills...no feilds, just rocks

I'm not sure where this uglness of Pennsy you guys are talking about is coming from. My dad moved to Susquahanna County and it's beautiful up there. Open fields, rock fences, dirt roads, and NO neighbors.

NO neighbors.

Hmm. I wonder why.

Next time you're snaking through a river valley in PA and passing a whistlestop town in with 3 gas stations, a McDonalds, a tobacco shop and a liquor store, take a look at the scenery.

10 minutes later as you're passing the next 3 gas stations, the liquor store and stopping for smokes, take a new look at the scenery on the other side of the McDonalds. It's a big in your face, side of the hill that's either completely covered with trees or a sheer rock cliff.

If you go out west, at least you can get some distance on the hills and see Majestic mountains 25 miles away.

Remember, I grew up on the other side of the PA border in Ohio. It's exactly the same way over there. Only WV is worse. In WV, it's a very steep cliff, 1 gas station and 3 trailers. The women also have fewer teeth.

CA allows open carry...unloaded...but still open. :rolleyes:

If CA carry requires the gun to be unloaded, I can just imagine the requirements in NJ if carry were ever made legal here: gun unloaded and field stripped, with each part carried separately so you'd have the slide in one pocket, the pistol grip in another pocket, the barrel behind your ear like a pencil, the guide rod stuffed down your sock, magazine in your underwear...

lol :icon_rolleyes: