Maksim

So who believes in the fortune tellers/supersitions thing.

What a crock of feces. Unfortunately my brother, largely in part to his "wife", even though they are not really married, only a jewish ceremony :icon_rolleyes: , now is largely believing that this person they are seeing can see the future. He is now "believing" that various people went out of their way to put a spell on him to make him miserable.

I dont know whats worse... drug problems, gambling problems, or the problems in the head believing these people are not to simply steal your money. This is perhaps an issue with some weak minded people in various communities. He thinks that the world is out to get him and that my fiancee wishes him bad stuff, to break up with his "wife" etc. He is my brother, but do I have to deal with him? I thought older brothers were supposed to be smarter? Worst part, half the day was spent taking his abuse via txt and phone, where I am trying very hard not to escalate it. He is a moron, but I didnt think people could get that bad.

then again, maybe he is just a jealous little biatch. He really doesn't get that no one wishes him anything bad. In fact, he doesn't realize that most people don't even care.

Ok.... time to go pack for shot show.

How come phsycics and fortune tellers never win the lottery? George Carlin

+1. Nuff said!!!

On a side note, I went to one to "test" her. She just make up stuff and I did not waste my time arguing with her. I just sat there and listen and left after my time was up. It was a fun experiment.

It`s all a bunch of hooey,

Also the fortune tellers have an algorithm to fulfill and they mooch your money.

The thing is to keep feeding the sucker some information with a pre-determined set of reasons.

Among the most popular ones (at least in the former-Yugo/East Europe) as you may be aware is to discover a spell/black magic by a person and then conduct an anti-spell to relieve the person from it. As long as the attention of the person/victim is kept on the alleged cause of the curse (new event , wedding plan , new person in the family) more and more distraction from the possibly to break contact with the fortune teller and visits that cost money.

Since it is your bro only makes the thing more annoying....so chill out for a while at the shot show and in a week your bro will probably be looking at this very differently.

Hope the snow does `t delay you on your way to Vegas.

It`s all a bunch of hooey,

Also the fortune tellers have an algorithm to fulfill and they mooch your money.

The thing is to keep feeding the sucker some information with a pre-determined set of reasons.

Among the most popular ones (at least in the former-Yugo/East Europe) as you may be aware is to discover a spell/black magic by a person and then conduct an anti-spell to relieve the person from it. As long as the attention of the person/victim is kept on the alleged cause of the curse (new event , wedding plan , new person in the family) more and more distraction from the possibly to break contact with the fortune teller and visits that cost money.

Since it is your bro only makes the thing more annoying....so chill out for a while at the shot show and in a week your bro will probably be looking at this very differently.

Hope the snow does `t delay you on your way to Vegas.

this is pretty close to the truth.. I used to do stage and walk around magic at night clubs on the side.. as a job.. and we used a method called cold reading.. cold reading will work pretty much every time providing the subject is not a skeptic.. you basically look at the person.. the way they are dressed.. jewelry they are wearing.. and just start making generalized statements.. girls normally start with talking about love.. guys normally start talking about money.. start with broad sweeping statements and watch body language and reaction.. and then tune into more specifics.. "im seeing that you are involved with someone.. in business.. his name begins with m.. or n.. I am seeing an m or n.." person says "omg I work with this guy mike.." while making an annoyed face... "this person mike.. is he blocking you.. or ahead of you.. I am seeing that he is like an obstacle.. he is in your way somehow.." "oh wow yeah we were both up for a promotion but he got it instead of me" "yes yes... that is what I see... this person mike he is against you in business..." and so on.. you get the idea.. its actually one of the oldest scams out there..

unfortunately you can't really talk someone out of believing this nonsense if they chose to.. because to be honest.. I have gotten a ton of stuff wrong before getting some right answers.. and the marks just kept believing anyway... if you want to believe.. you will..

Maks, is it possible to go have a talk with this fortune teller and somehow impress upon them that it's in their better interest to no longer do readings for your brother and his "wife?"

Or perhaps fight fire with fire and:

1) Threaten to cast a spell on the teller?

2) Take your brother to another forture teller (one that you paid off) to tell your brother that the other fortune teller is actually the one casting an evil spell on him for monetary gain?

Sorry to hear your brother got caught up with this stuff. I hope he sees the light before it hurts your relationship too much.

Dated a woman once who had been involved with a psychic but had stopped seeing her. As we got on with our relationship I eventually found out she was ~$50K in debt because of the charlatan. Lots of stories of buying gold, jewelry and watches to give to the psychic to make or remove "spells".

I told her in no uncertain terms that if she got involved with that stuff again that we were over. A year later, we're at the Readington balloon festival and she heads right over to a psychic tent to get a "reading" (aka, a gullibility test). That was it, I cut it off. I did not want to eventually have co-mingled finances with someone with that compulsion.

I'd suggest an intervention with other family members/friends, because the leeches can bleed their victims to the point where they get despondent and consider suicide.

It's a hard thing to do though - it's exactly the same as trying to explain to someone why their religion is wrong.

My mother is a palm reader, Cant explain it but she can do it. She did a palm reading on a friend of mine who was skeptical. My mother told her something about her that she never told anyone and it was something my mom had no way of knowing. Something that happened to her when she was young. My friend cried the rest of the night because she was shocked that my mom new these things about her.

Mind you I am skeptical as well with most people who claim to be fortune tellers and what not, But seeing that shocked me and made me question it. I'm not a believer, but I do try and keep an open mind.

What a crock of feces. Unfortunately my brother, largely in part to his "wife", even though they are not really married, only a jewish ceremony :icon_rolleyes: , now is largely believing that this person they are seeing can see the future. He is now "believing" that various people went out of their way to put a spell on him to make him miserable.

Is he wealthy? Tell me what they told him and I'll tell you if I can top it. I believe.

...that "a sucker is born every minute."