jcerillo70

Any good Open Red-Dot Sight that dont break the bank?

I have the same sight. And, No, it does not turn off. It turns to the lowest of 4 NV positions. I knew that before I bought it, it says that, Aimpoint will tell you that, everybody knows it, and I just checked it with Gen II (Gen III is locked up) and I see the dot, and it is working properly.

Rob, I just want to add something. This was a pretty a$$hole post by me. I didn't mean it that way.

I was getting ready to go to bed, people were banging me with bad rep over posts on this thread, and I couldn't find my Aimpoint manual to take a pic of it and post it. And a 60-second search of their website did not turn up this fact. So I just posted all my lines of evidence before I went to bed. Sorry about the rude tone.

• Like 3

Rob, I just want to add something. This was a pretty a$$hole post by me. I didn't mean it that way.

I was getting ready to go to bed, people were banging me with bad rep over posts on this thread, and I couldn't find my Aimpoint manual to take a pic of it and post it. And a 60-second search of their website did not turn up this fact. So I just posted all my lines of evidence before I went to bed. Sorry about the rude tone.

Good man Ed.

Well.... Id say my T1 is off for all intents and purposes when at 0. A spec so tiny you have to really really look to find it shows up under gen3. 1 is super faint and then up from there. The power draw must be incredibly small. If you are of the mind that anything drawing power isnt truly off, then yeah Id say its on. But then what is ever really off :D

That's the nice thing about most Aimpoints.. since the battery lasts something like 5 years in the ON position, you can just leave the sight active all the time.

Aimpoint batteries will last 4 years + depending on the model when ON in position 7 (bright enough for daytime use). My CompM3 is ALWAYS ON. One less thing to worry about when something goes bump in the night. With the right mount from LaRue (M68), you'll also have a spare battery inches from the optic for the off-occasion that your battery does die. I just replaced my battery (bought the CompM3 3-years ago)and I have a bunch of spares.

Aimpoint batteries will last 4 years + depending on the model when ON in position 7 (bright enough for daytime use). My CompM3 is ALWAYS ON. One less thing to worry about when something goes bump in the night. With the right mount from LaRue (M68), you'll also have a spare battery inches from the optic for the off-occasion that your battery does die. I just replaced my battery (bought the CompM3 3-years ago)and I have a bunch of spares.

Why you guys using AR's for HD guns?

I'd be worried about hitting my neighbor 2 houses down.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=73229

this is newer and a better model then the one i bought for $400 several months ago. im surprised its still there.

That's a good price - you're basically getting the $90 mount for free! I don't have a gun to put this on, or I'd be all over it

Why you guys using Ar's for HD guns?

I'd be worried about hitting my neighbor 3 2 houses down.

Not saying anyone should or shouldn't be using their AR for home defense, but, shooting your neighbor 2-3 houses down is less of an issue if you're using the proper ammo (Google Hornady TAP). Shooting M193 or M855 inside the house probably isn't the best idea :) Altho, in a lot of cases even those rounds will penetrate sheetrock less than handgun rounds or 00 buckshot.

http://www.state.nj.us/lps/dcj/njpdresources/pdfs/wallboard_test.pdf

http://how-i-did-it.org/drywall/test-parameters.html

Why you guys using AR's for HD guns?

I'd be worried about hitting my neighbor 2 houses down.

My house is not small, and I have a lot of property, hitting a neighbor is less of a concern not to mention I keep her loaded with 75gr Hornady TAP OTM's. My HK45 is my go-to but the rifle would always be an option.

you should be able to find a good eotech or aimpoint used for that much..

parallax is what occurs when you look at something from different angle and the line of sight changes..

the easiest way I can explain is hold your finger up.. now move your head left and right.. point of aim changes.. high end red dots (Aimpoint for example) are parallax free.. meaning if my head is straight on.. or left.. high.. low.. right.. etc.. that red dot is in the EXACT SAME SPOT.. this is extremely useful for getting on target quickly.. there is no "lining up" put the dot on the target.. and irregardless of where your head is.. or how awful of a cheek weld you have.. the bullet is going there (providing your shooting is good and the gun is accurate, and all that..)

Hey brother,

That parallax thing we were talking about...

Im about to buy a EOTech 511.A65...

I need your blessing though... So is this one parallax-Free???

And is it ok on a .223/5.56??

Thanks man