shore_shot

GSSF MATCH 2/28 & 3/28 UPDATE

Ok so we have just finished our first event with 48 attendees and it was a great success! I have to write an update because I gave a little misleading information on the first post due to my inexperience on running GSSF sanctioned events. So please disregard my first post on the particulars.

In order to qualify for the prizes including the free gun you must shoot in 2 of the events. Originally I thought you only had to shoot in one and I do apologize. All prizes will be raffled off at the end of the 3rd event by a GSSF member not affiliated with Shore Shot as we had a few employees shooting in the event. You may only shoot in each division ONE time. This is also different from my original post as I fully didnt understand how the event is ran. There are two classes, stock guns and open guns. You can shoot both events with a stock firearm if you choose to. It is $15 to shoot the first division and a additional $5 to shoot the open or vice versa. We are shooting Stage A which is outlined on the GSSF Indoor site.

Now I am not 100% sure at this time but almost certain that the Mondays before the event we will run a mock GSSF match at the Fun Shoot in order for shooters to practice for the match. I will get some more info out on this in the weeks to come.

We got a lot of good feedback from the event and apologize for some of the lights being shot out at the 25yd line. All 25yd line lights will be replaced for the upcoming matches. (So blame your scores on that haha).

Everything else went very smoothly and we had a amazing event and would like to thank all the shooters that came out and made this a very special night for us! We are looking forward to the next two and more events in the future!

For all the women Glock shooters, Please come out! We had one female shooter. Glock offers a special Plaque to the top Lady shooter but we need more then one to give this award so if you shoot the next two you can qualify!

For the non-glock owners, we rent pistols at the range to shoot in the match! We encourage you to come down and see what it is all about!

Spectators are welcome to come join in the fun free of charge!

It was a great night not just for shooting but to meet up with a great group of great shooters from the whole tri-state area and we are looking forward to the next event on 2/28/11! Please contact me if you have any questions and again I apologize for the misleading information on my first post about these events. See you Monday the 28th! And thanks again to all the guys that came out it was truly a good time!

I've been to my share of GSSF events and you guys did a good job. The GSSF RO Gene was real good as always VERY safety oriented but not oppressive. Scoring was quick and fair. You guys did good!

OS

Thanks again Im glad you enjoyed how it was ran! Its always good to get new guys down to the shop especially from the forum. If you have any input positive or negative we are always open to new opinions on what we can do to better ourselves as a range and store so please do not hesitate to give any feedback. Being at the shop for so many years it is easy to over look things that new guys pick up on right away so any feedback would be appreciated to help run the matches smoother as well as our store.

Thanks again for hosting the shoot. I had a great time. It was definitely a humbling experience and guess i'll be by more often to practice for next month. For the people who introduced themselves as from the forum it was great meeting you!

Thank you very much.. Just for everyones information we are going to start the match asap after we close at 6 pm so feel free to show up a little bit early if you'd like! Thanks again everyone!

Everyone dont forget next Monday the 28th is the second round of Shore Shot's Indoor GSSF Match! Please email me for additional information as we have been very busy and it is hard for me to always check the forum.

[email protected]

or better call 732-905-6888 ext. 0

See You Guys There!!