MackTheKnife

Cherry Hill Intro

Some news for those who are cherry hill residents. I was told that CHPD are backed up with permit applications dating back to nov-dec 2010. It sounds like very few permits will be issued until Det Vitarelli comes back in april from sick leave. The current person to call is Det. Buehler. Apparently their dept is backed up with criminal work. I understand that it is a good idea to call them every once in a while to remind them that you are patiently waiting for your permits. This is my 3rd month.

Welcome to the community!

“Here you will find a comprehensive resource for NJ firearms owners, or anyone looking to learn more about it. The forum is an evolving resource and medium of information exchange, for anyone new or experienced with firearms, from wanting advice on a new firearm, or to discuss a place to shoot, and there is even a section to talking about your favorite restaurant.”

cherry hill update... received permits. total time: 10 weeks. clean record. 2-3 week delay due to new notarized reference requirement. suggest that those of you who are waiting check in every so often to ensure your paperwork has been received.

Evening, folks....

I'm a 31 year old Cherry Hill resident looking into permits and certifications and whatever else NJ requires us to do to own a firearm. I would keep two weapons (shotgun and one revolver, maybe a semi-auto handgun) at most and rely on them primarily for home defense, but I plan on staying sharp and hitting the range and maybe even taking a class or two. I've fired handguns and rifles as a teenager but that was over ten years ago so it's as good as starting over, I figure.

Anyway, I'm glad to see a site and forum dedicated to NJ residents. The specificity will no doubt be helpful as I start figuring out the forms that need to be completed.

Thanks,

MtK

That's exactly how I started. Now stopping is the problem... Welcome to the Forums! More fun than a coliseum full of Romans.

After six months I think my FID and HG permits are in. Unfortunately I missed the phone call and whenever I call back I get put to the firearms unit's voicemail. I gotta say, this entire experience has been pretty frustrating and it's mindboggling that anything paperwork related can take six months. If something like this happened at my work, I'd have been fired four or five times over the six month period.

After six months I think my FID and HG permits are in. Unfortunately I missed the phone call and whenever I call back I get put to the firearms unit's voicemail. I gotta say, this entire experience has been pretty frustrating and it's mindboggling that anything paperwork related can take six months. If something like this happened at my work, I'd have been fired four or five times over the six month period.

6 months is ridiculous.

Congrats though. Now go exercise your 2a!