Ray Ray

NJGF dinner

There are tens of hundreds of parks that we might be able to use. I'm not to kean on using a park for this as it would be hard to make everyone happy. Bryan's house is looking like it would work as he is in the center of the state and easy to get to. As far as the date, I'm thinking May 21st and June 4th as the rain delay date.

I'm just gonna run with what I think would work because 100 ideas and 10 people showing up isn't going to work. I can't please everybody so I'm gonna go with a date, location and time and run with it. It's so far ahead that you can plan your schedule accordingly. Maybe by the end of the week I'll have everything set up to accept money for the food, port-a-j0n, and party supplies. I'll also see about getting inflatable jumpy things for the kids and Matt.

Mastori's is a good choice for a site able to host a good size group.

What if we rent a park? Who cares about booze I don't drink so not an issue. I must have coffee though!!!!

Maybe CJRPC will let us use the facility if we pay? Or there is a club in Barnegat "Buckeye Gun Club" that ia a smaller place with a big clubhouse and a basic range.

Wolfy, we have a k cup brewer, you can have a fresh cup within a minute and if that's not good enough; there are 2 Wawas in town (5 minutes away)....

You can always check with Roger at the American Legion in Toms River where the NJ2AS has there meetings. If you want to call him and check pricing, let me know. I will get you his cell number. They have an outdoor area where we could do a pig roast or BBQ or whatever , or use the inside hall.

Sorry I'm jumping into the fray late, but I wanted to mention Inman Park in Somerset( 40.498195,-74.500631 ), as it has pavillions, baseball diamond, tennis courts, basketball courts, etc, plus my house is 100yards from the park. We could do a bbq at the park, and then afterparty it up at my place.

That means you live about 2mn from my office ;)

quote name='PK90' timestamp='1296395044' post='288030']

I would like to see a firearm and gun rights theme. How about sponsoring a "Friends of NRA" event and open it up to everybody? Good way to get recognition and bolster membership.

+1

Even if seperate from the NJGF dinner/picnic idea, it would be great to have a NJGF table (or many!) at an Friends of the NRA dinner. The next one in NJ is THURSDAY, MARCH 31, 2011 6:00 PM in Mountain Lakes, which is easy to get to from Rts 80 and 287, not too bad from the GSP or NJTP either.

It's 8 weeks away... plenty of time to plan, and if you want NJGF shirts made up (as I've seen other groups do at these dinners) or pins or something (this would be my pick, as I wear dressy clothes to these dinners) there's time for that too.

If it works out well, maybe it will spark an NJGF organized dinner in the future. I'd imagine it takes >6 months to plan one and get it on the calendar...

Very interested in attending (have only met about 2 people from the baord so far)! Let me know what I can do to contribute. I live up in Morris County.

Here's an idea to throw out there: Everyone brings some firearms gear they have laying around but don't need to the dinner (No actual firearms, but accessories/parts/gear) to donate for an auction or tricky tray type thing. Proceeds of the auction get donated to NJ2AS.