Tactical Monkey

New Jersey Range Locations & Information

Mikey is that a change I'm not aware of??? Is there still the velocity restriction???

There is still the velocity restriction on paper but the new rules say PCC is allowed it was just changed over the last two months. Most of the people say it is ok to shoot PCC up to 45 acp hope when they finish amending the bylaws it will be put correct in writing. I shot with a board member at bowling pin and he said 9 40 and 45 PCC are fine

Griz the only reason that rule was out in at first was for the cowboy shooters thy wanted to let cowboy shooters practice but not let others shoot PCC or even like you said lever action 357's. It kills me that they didn't amend it because every 9mm pistol and 40 pistol not to mention all the big bore wheel guns are over 1000 FPS. They just need to rewrite the whole rule but it took them two months just to write the part about PCC being allowed so I guess we can't rush them too much

Capitol Contribution Fee increased as did the dues,,,,

Name: Central Jersey Rifle & Pistol (CJRP)

Public/Private: Private

Membership costs: $267/year with a one-time $600 Capital Contribution Fee

Membership requirements: NRA Member

Guests: Free, 2 max per visit.

Pistol: 25/50 Outdoor

Indoor: 50 ft. AC/Heated with 24hr access.

Rifle: 50/100/200/300

Skeet: Yes, machines provided

Trap: Yes

Pits: 50/75 yard - Pistol Only

Steel: Allowed but not provided

Extras: Archery Range and use of property during hunting season

I tried their website and the link doesn't appear to work, does anyone have an updated link?

I just typed it into my browser but the above link seems to not work it should be cjrpc.org. I dont know why but in chrome if i do just cjrpc.org works if i do http://www.cjrpc.org no good very odd. I am using chrome 

Strange, it won't work on Firefox for me.

On 4/23/2019 at 1:09 PM, mikey_golds said:

I see "steel" posted for some ranges thats shooting at steel targets but I was wondering about steel cased is that allowed at Cherry Ridge? 

Steel case is fine at Cherry ridge, you need to pick up your own casings. Steel core can also be used.  Tracer, incendiary, or armor piercing ammunition are NOT allowed... and 50 Cal BMG has limitations on when it can be used and on which range and subject to not being allowed during very dry conditions.

Update:

Name: RTSP
Public/Private: Public
Membership costs: $400 year and LEO $200.00 and VIP $2000.00 also $20\hr Pistol,  $25/hr rifle  non member rate. Discount for military and first-responder's on membership.
Membership requirements: No

Extras: 5 Free Guest Passes Per Year w/ membership, 1 Free gun cleaning, 1 free Digital Simulator pass, 5 free Rentals, 3 Free range hour cards, 2 referral cards and VIP unlimited
Guests: 5 Free Guest Passes Per Year w/ membership and VIP unlimited $10/hr otherwise.
Pistol: See Below
Indoor:  25 yard and  15 yard indoor firearm range  total 21 ports

Rifle: Yes up to .308
Skeet: No
Trap: No
Pits: No
Steel: No
Extras: 2000 sqft. indoor shoot house, digital simulator, 15k training facility, cafe and largest firearms selection in the tri-state.

Name: RTSP
Public/Private: Public
Membership costs: $400 year and LEO $200.00 and VIP $2000.00 also $20\hr Pistol,  $25/hr rifle  non member rate. Discount for military and first-responder's on membership.
Membership requirements: No
Extras: 5 Free Guest Passes Per Year w/ membership, 1 Free gun cleaning, 1 free Digital Simulator pass, 5 free Rentals, 3 Free range hour cards, 2 referral cards and VIP unlimited

Guests: $10/hr otherwise.
Pistol: See Below
Indoor:  Fourteen 50 yard ports,  Twenty-six 25 yard ports, total 40 ports

Rifle: Yes up to .338 Lapua
Steel: No
Extras: largest firearms selection in the tri-state.

• Like 1

Update:

Name: Shooters

Websitehttp://www.shootersnj.com

Public/Private:  Public

Membership costs,  Firearms:  $20\hr non member rate; $250 year indoor range only; $400 year indoor and outdoor range.

Archery:    $15\hr non member rate; $150 year

Archery and Firearm ranges  $500 year

Indoor:  firearms, 15 lane, 25 yd; archery, 10 land, 25 yd.

Pistol: indoor range only

Outdoor:  16 lane, 150 yd

Rifle:  outdoor range only

Skeet:  No

Trap:  No

Pits:  No

Steel:  No

Extras:  3D archery range located near the 150 yd range. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I added their new outdoor range and 3D archery range.

On 11/22/2019 at 3:29 PM, dilbert1967 said:

Update:

Name: Range 129

Public/Private:  Public

Membership costs: Lots of options. Check website. Have non-member rates.  https://range129.com/hourly-rates/

Indoor:  Pistol, Rifle, Archery

Pistol: Indoor only

Outdoor:  Archery only - Target and 3D

Rifle:  Indoor only

Skeet:  No

Trap:  No

Pits:  No

Steel:  No

Extras:  Friendly and very helpful staff!

Rifles are allowed indoor at Shooters. From their web site:

INDOOR FIREARM RANGE

Shooters Sporting Center has a 15 lane, 25 yard Indoor Firearm Range. Equipped with an automatic target retrieval system, properly adjusted lighting, and a state of the art ventilation system ensuring a steady flow of fresh air moving down range. The range is wheelchair accessible. Bullet traps are rated for rifle and handgun calibers up to 3,600 fps.

NO .50 caliber bmg, NO steel core, NO armor piercing ammunition and NO RELOADS OR HANDLOADS are permitted. No muzzleloaders are allowed in the indoor range.

Name: Phillipsburg Pistol Club
Public/Private: Private
Membership costs: $125 initiation/ $80 member                                                                                                                                                          Work Party Requirement: One per year or $50 fee assessed. Exemptions: 65 years old +, Medical accommodations
Membership requirements: NRA Member
Guests: $10 per guest
Pistol: All handgun calibers all ports                                                                                                                                                                                Outdoor: 14 ports @ 25 yards
Indoor: 8 heated ports, 50 feet
Rifle: Rimfire & pistol caliber only all ports ( maximum fps = 1850 )
Steel: With PPC authorized RSO present, club's steel only. RSOs present Sunday mornings 9 to 12 noon & Thursday evenings 6 to 9.
Extras: IDPA one Wednesday evening a month, check club calendar, NRA training courses available