Sign in to follow this  
deviated rationality

FOPA Hughes Amendment Vote April 10 1986 Never Passed?!?!?!

Video proof that this law was never approved, but Rangal jammed it through anyway. If anyone knows of any protests or demonstrations, let me know. I will be there with as many people as I can get to set this atrocity straight. This just proves to me that our congress really is just another example of a board of dictators in disguise.

PS: Got this off of Redbull on another forum. Special thanks goes to ajax22 at http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=364163

no audio where I am at the moment.. can someone give me brief cliff notes?

There are threads on this at Claguns, Arfcom, and a bunch of others.

basically what it boils down to, is that the vote to add the Hughes Ammendment (922 9o), AKA the 1986 Machine Gun Ban) FAILED it's voice vote, but was declared passed by the Chariman (Charles Rangel..go figure) someone called for a Record vote, and Rangel ignored it, Smirking. Another leftist Rep ranted on about something completely off base, dragging out the rest of the time. There have been anecdotal accounts of the improprieties of that vote, but NOBODY seemed to ahve the video of it. People at the time recorded it but again, nobody could ever actually produce the tape. Ajax22 from Calguns and ARF, who is a Law Student found that the Library of Congress DOES have the raw video of every congressional session on file, and Ajax was able to get a DVD of teh relevant material. 922(o) was apparently added to FOPA improperly at best. There have been a bunch of Congresscritters notified about this, so now we'll see where it goes.

There are threads on this at Claguns, Arfcom, and a bunch of others.

basically what it boils down to, is that the vote to add the Hughes Ammendment (922 9o), AKA the 1986 Machine Gun Ban) FAILED it's voice vote, but was declared passed by the Chariman (Charles Rangel..go figure) someone called for a Record vote, and Rangel ignored it, Smirking. Another leftist Rep ranted on about something completely off base, dragging out the rest of the time. There have been anecdotal accounts of the improprieties of that vote, but NOBODY seemed to ahve the video of it. People at the time recorded it but again, nobody could ever actually produce the tape. Ajax22 from Calguns and ARF, who is a Law Student found that the Library of Congress DOES have the raw video of every congressional session on file, and Ajax was able to get a DVD of teh relevant material. 922(o) was apparently added to FOPA improperly at best. There have been a bunch of Congresscritters notified about this, so now we'll see where it goes.

Yeah, right

Sure the pols will open the Registry

They'd sooner eat their own s**t than to make new FA available again

And at 1976 prices (maybe!) even!!

Can you imagine?

... well...

a man can fantasize, can't he ????

:icon_razz:

I wonder if the ATF could be sued for refusing to register a new MG using this as proof the law was improperly passed? Obviously could not be initiated from NJ but perhaps from one of the free states. Would be interesting to see it play out in the courts.

Guys... hate to break it to ya... but this law did pass as it was. It passed the House, it passed the Senate, and it was signed by the Gipper himself.

Is anyone here going to sit there and tell me that no one knew the Hughes Amendment was in the finalized piece of legislation? Seriously?

The other thing to consider: some interpretations of the video show that the electronic vote was the vote to take a vote. Not the the vote on the Amendment. I could be wrong on this one, and if I am, there may be a case here to do something about it.

Guys... hate to break it to ya... but this law did pass as it was. It passed the House, it passed the Senate, and it was signed by the Gipper himself.

Is anyone here going to sit there and tell me that no one knew the Hughes Amendment was in the finalized piece of legislation? Seriously?

The other thing to consider: some interpretations of the video show that the electronic vote was the vote to take a vote. Not the the vote on the Amendment. I could be wrong on this one, and if I am, there may be a case here to do something about it.

there were SEVERAL votes in there. the important ones were the Voice vote for the Hughes ammendment which FAILED, then was declared passed by Rangel. hughes stood up to demand the record vote when he was told by one of his crew "Let it gom you got it, let it go" THEN the opposition called for the Record Vote several times and was ignored by Rangel. it was put in to be a Poison Pill so FOPA could be defeated, they surprised everyone by passing the bill anyway. the KICKER is that 922(o) was added Improperly, and was put into the Senate version WITHOUT BEING APPROVED by the House. 1300 people have been charged, convicted and jailed under that provision...dont you think we owe something to THEM to address this???

• Like 1