Sign in to follow this  
Cemeterys Gun Blob

NRA buy Congress?

For those of you who don't know, the Joyce Foundation supports gun control, and financially supports gun control groups like CeaseFirePA, Freedom States Alliance, Violence Policy Center, etc. You can see their 2010 grant list here > http://www.joycefdn.org/content.cfm/program-grants-list-3

But it seems that the antigunner's are frustrated since various media outlets report low numbers of support for gun control, except the poll by MAIG which claims 80% or so of NRA member's support gun control. And since the poll numbers are so low, it is affecting their cash flow, and lobbying efforts (boo hoo right?), so now they want to seek support from the silent majority.

Who is this silent majority? Hunters.

Really?

You bet.

She plans new efforts to tap a “silent majority” she believes favors more restrictive gun laws, particularly hunters. “They can be useful partners, credible partners when talking about issues like high-capacity magazines and .50-caliber rifles.”

And just to be clear, when they take about the *Big .50*, they don't mean the .50cal BMG, they mean ALL .50 centerfire and above, which includes shot guns, old west rifles, and muzzleloaders. NJ's first passing of the .50cal ban didn't leave much leeway for exemptions, but Bryan Miller was pushing it, and calling the muzzleloader and reenactor communities *extremists*. Thankfully that bill is D.O.A. and I haven't found any resubmission of such a bill in the NJ Legislature

Anyway, the article is an interesting read, and is an insight on how the plan to rebrand gun control. Which they're trying to do by calling it *gun safety*.

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/did-the-national-rifle-association-buy-congress/?singlepage=true

Depends on the definition of "gun control".

In other words, if the survey is worded: Do you agree that suspected terrorists can buy firearms without any delay or background check or encumbrance?

You might reply "no". Therefore, you support gun control. "should RPG launchers be available to anyone?"

For those of you who don't know, the Joyce Foundation supports gun control, and financially supports gun control groups like CeaseFirePA, Freedom States Alliance, Violence Policy Center, etc. You can see their 2010 grant list here > http://www.joycefdn.org/content.cfm/program-grants-list-3

But it seems that the antigunner's are frustrated since various media outlets report low numbers of support for gun control, except the poll by MAIG which claims 80% or so of NRA member's support gun control. And since the poll numbers are so low, it is affecting their cash flow, and lobbying efforts (boo hoo right?), so now they want to seek support from the silent majority.

Who is this silent majority? Hunters.

Really?

You bet.

She plans new efforts to tap a “silent majority” she believes favors more restrictive gun laws, particularly hunters. “They can be useful partners, credible partners when talking about issues like high-capacity magazines and .50-caliber rifles.”

And just to be clear, when they take about the *Big .50*, they don't mean the .50cal BMG, they mean ALL .50 centerfire and above, which includes shot guns, old west rifles, and muzzleloaders. NJ's first passing of the .50cal ban didn't leave much leeway for exemptions, but Bryan Miller was pushing it, and calling the muzzleloader and reenactor communities *extremists*. Thankfully that bill is D.O.A. and I haven't found any resubmission of such a bill in the NJ Legislature

Anyway, the article is an interesting read, and is an insight on how the plan to rebrand gun control. Which they're trying to do by calling it *gun safety*.

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/did-the-national-rifle-association-buy-congress/?singlepage=true

Let's hope that silent majority (hunters) are smart enough to see through this charade. The NJOA produced an article this week noting that 5% of the U.S. population still hunts. It should be noted that less than 1% of New Jerseyan's hunt today. The latter number is somewhat sobering.

Let's hope that silent majority (hunters) are smart enough to see through this charade. The NJOA produced an article this week noting that 5% of the U.S. population still hunts. It should be noted that less than 1% of New Jerseyan's hunt today. The latter number is somewhat sobering.

And let's not forget that those numbers go down each year.

And let's not forget that those numbers go down each year.

Close to 3% of the population hunted in New Jersey 30 years ago. Today we have more people in the state yet significantly less that hunt. Hunting & fishing license sales last year were roughly a third of what they peaked at in 1990.

Whatever it takes, these clowns will do anything to take your 2A away. They seem to always rotate the words they use, ie gun safety, common sense, and this or that belongs on a battlefield.

Good post Cemetery

I worked with several assclowns of this mentality at the Ford plant in Edison, "who needs more than 10rounds, what are you going to hunt with an "M16" (talking about an AR), AK47s are only used for drive bys and to kill cops, yadda, yadda, yadds..."

I told the one guy I suggest he re-read the second amendment because it doesn’t say anything about hunting. Like most people I don't hunt, I couldn't bring myself to shoot an animal that wasn't a threat to me, I punch holes in paper to be sure I am prepared for the day when it may become necessary to punch holes in people to save my own life. I continued, If you ignore or support them when they come for mine I will be with them when they come for yours... He thought long and hard about it for a minute and said he "never thought about it that way..."

These are the type of people that cannot see the forest through the trees and they are dangerously ignorant of things outside of their own bubble...