usnmars

WTF!!! Respect the National Anthem!

This is my rant but it is something that is really starting to piss me off. WTF is with these "stars" butchering the National Anthem. Sing the song as it was written and respect it, for what is is and what it represents. I am growing very tired of these people making one of our most sacred songs sound like a couple of cats fornicating in the back alley. Let alone messing up the words of it. These people need to learn some respect. As a veteran of our fine country I find the "performance" last night like a slap in the face. We need to let these GOONS know that "performances" like this WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 9

This is my rant but it is something that is really starting to piss me off. WTF is with these "stars" butchering the National Anthem. Sing the song as it was written and respect it, for what is is and what it represents. I am growing very tired of these people making one of our most sacred songs sound like a couple of cats fornicating in the back alley. Let alone messing up the words of it. These people need to learn some respect. As a veteran of our fine country I find the "performance" last night like a slap in the face. We need to let these GOONS know that "performances" like this WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll bet any amount of money that at least 95% of Americans don't know all the words. Hell, I dont know all of them from memory. However if I was gonna sing it at the superbowl I sure as hell would learn it.

DAMN STRAIGHT!

I'll bet any amount of money that at least 95% of Americans don't know all the words. Hell, I dont know all of them from memory. However if I was gonna sing it at the superbowl I sure as hell would learn it.

I'm a 5%-er.

That performance was deplorable.

I saw that performance and was just disgusted. I watched the list of good and bad on yahoo and she screwed it up the first time she did it, now is the second time.

Whitney rocked it. Simple and classic.

Ha, I was surprised (and caught it) when she flubbed. Was the only person in the room too, but my sanity was proven to be true when they discussed it later on :icon_razz:

On the other hand, the best they could do was Christina Aguilera? Heck, I'd rather have had Lea Michele (the one who sang "America, the Beautiful" prior).

I'm still a big believer that they should tape it prior, and just have the singer lip sync it for the live performance.

+1000

We all should be pissed off. And to think they pay these clowns enough to feed a small country for the "performance" What they should do is have one of the military tenors sing the anthem and the money that would normall go to these "stars" could be given to the wounded warrior project or the USO... or any group that benefits the service members or their families.... JMOP

Like you freedom... Thank a Vet.

Ha, I was surprised (and caught it) when she flubbed. Was the only person in the room too, but my sanity was proven to be true when they discussed it later on :icon_razz:

On the other hand, the best they could do was Christina Aguilera? Heck, I'd rather have had Lea Michele (the one who sang "America, the Beautiful" prior).

I'm still a big believer that they should tape it prior, and just have the singer lip sync it for the live performance.

Ha, me too!

We all should be pissed off. And to think they pay these clowns enough to feed a small country for the "performance" What they should do is have one of the military tenors sing the anthem and the money that would normall go to these "stars" could be given to the wounded warrior project or the USO... or any group that benefits the service members or their families.... JMOP

this I agree with. I was watching with the Mrs. and I said to her "why don't they just sing it like an anthem, not like some ballad" there's no need for the wails and the screeching! Makes me sick.

this I agree with. I was watching with the Mrs. and I said to her "why don't they just sing it like an anthem, not like some ballad" there's no need for the wails and the screeching! Makes me sick.

It makes it even more painful if you have a music background and you have to listen to this crap. I got drilled into me by my highschool music teacher that songs like this should be played the way they were written. You would be surprised at how many functions we went to as a band and listened to other musicians totally destroy the song. I mean we are talking about just playing notes that are written on the freaking paper for you. There is no need to re-invent the wheel here people, it was beautifully written just play it the damn way it was written.

I will never understand why singers and players feel the need to add their own touch to the National Anthem like they are more holy than God themselves. If this was 40 years ago, they would get booed off where ever they are and that's the way it should be today but this Country is so f'd up, that would never happen.

• Like 2

I was cringing through that massacre of our National Anthem. Unfortunately, she (just like all the other idiot pop stars) have been brought up in a generation that (thanks to the awesome public education system we have in this country) did not learn the importance of respecting and honoring the flag, our national anthem, and our men & women in uniform. The only thing they learn is that bs "You're special, everyone's a winner, there are no losers" psychology, and we've ended up with a nation of narcissistic pussies, starting with the one that currently resides at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

:facepalm:

• Like 5

+1 I said the same thing to my wife while watching that mess on TV.

This is what I find the most disrespectul. Irritates the hell out of me. Undisciplined little sissy marry pukes.

I am not trying to discount messing up the words to our National Anthem by any means.....just saying I think that is something else that just bothers the hell out of me. Especially when they were in freakin TEXAS, not like they were in upstate NY with winter hats and it was freezing balls out.

We all should be pissed off. And to think they pay these clowns enough to feed a small country for the "performance" What they should do is have one of the military tenors sing the anthem and the money that would normally go to these "stars" could be given to the wounded warrior project or the USO... or any group that benefits the service members or their families.... JMOP

That is the best idea I have heard in a long time. Give back to the people who gave the most.

• Like 1